3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

EVIC Installed w/ odd issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 02:05 AM
bmsgaffer86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried hard-resetting the PCM, but no luck.

I took it to yet another dealer today, they seemed friendly and willing to try and help. They said that the PCM could see the module plugged in, but they had no way of 'turning it on' because of the option codes set for my VIN.

I remember seeing something about adding a network node on a website that had starscan information, does anyone know anything about this? I think what i read had to do with the radio or something but I dont remember.

But basically they tried, and they said that there was no Electronic Overhead Module options for them to set. Anyone here have any input. I really feel like this is totally possible, but I am thwarted by not having access to the dam computer. I am SOOO CLOSE.

I am really fricken close to buying my own darn starscan and trying it myself (yea I'm that kind of person I want to hack my truck). If only I could come up with a spare $5000.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

If you're adventurous:
canbushack
Getting started
canhack
That should get you pointed in the right direction.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Templer1969

Originally Posted by bmsgaffer86
no Electronic Overhead Module options for them to set. Anyone here have any input. I really feel like this is totally possible, but I am thwarted by not having access to the dam computer. I am SOOO CLOSE.

I am really fricken close to buying my own darn starscan and trying it myself (yea I'm that kind of person I want to hack my truck). If only I could come up with a spare $5000.

Save your self some money and headache and get the proper EOM afterall you had a base model which doesn't come with the EOM and would be needed for the starscan system thus the diffrence in the PCM or ECM between models

Old 05-29-2011, 05:52 PM
bmsgaffer86

Originally Posted by Templer1969
Save your self some money and headache and get the proper EOM afterall you had a base model which doesn't come with the EOM and would be needed for the starscan system thus the diffrence in the PCM or ECM between models
Well, there is no 'proper' EOM module. Neither the EVIC or the OTIS will work without the ECM talking to it. Which my truck will not do right now.

I think that answers your post, your complete lack of punctuation makes it very difficult to understand what you intended to say.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 PM
JoshuaAckley
Professional

Originally Posted by bmsgaffer86
Well, there is no 'proper' EOM module. Neither the EVIC or the OTIS will work without the ECM talking to it. Which my truck will not do right now.

I think that answers your post, your complete lack of punctuation makes it very difficult to understand what you intended to say.
did you ever figure this out? I'm dealing with same issues on a 2006.

Quick Reply: EVIC Installed w/ odd issues