3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What is your age??????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 09:51 PM
05ramlaramie
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is your age??????????

ORIGINAL: DeWalt378G

Hey man, we are almost one in the same. I put my work belt on to pay for college. I also have yet to finish college. The ironic thing is that I wear my belt full time now and college became something extra. I was gonna do the ROTC program too, but did not. Regrets. Hey, thanks for serving!

Dude, put the toolbelt down and finish up school since school is more important than hitting a nail into the wall. With todays standards, even a 4-year degree (bachelors) doesnt mean all that much in the business world or many others. Get cranking on the books before you find yourself lagging behind. You dont want to wearing a toolbelt your whole life do you?

Trust me, as much as school sucks its much easier than 10-12 manual labor days. I used to work for an electrical contractor for 3 years and although the money is good in construction with overtime and all, you will find yourself topped out pretty soon. Theres no real money to make in construction unless you own a company and thats even tough.

*I am finishing up school this year and currently working at a pharmaceutical company. The degrees out there make for a whole different way of life. Now, I use my head and wear a suit to work and my hands dont get the slightest bit dirty.

Good luck!!!

Old 08-04-2005, 09:52 PM
TBNorge
Amateur

I'm 46. Started working at the ripe age of 11 as a shoe shine boy. Been working ever since and I've done everything from shoveling rock, jack hammer, putting stickers on shoe boxes, and have been in the high tech computer field for the past 22 years.

Old 08-05-2005, 12:51 AM
RcBandit28
Captain

I'm 22....graduating in December w/a Bachelors in Radio/TV/Film....and I currently work as a local radio personality here in Terre Haute, Indiana.

And I drive a HEMI I also worked for 6 yrs as a detailer at the local Dodge dealer!

Old 08-05-2005, 01:16 AM
ce2flaco
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 05ramlaramie

Hey man, we are almost one in the same. I put my work belt on to pay for college. I also have yet to finish college. The ironic thing is that I wear my belt full time now and college became something extra. I was gonna do the ROTC program too, but did not. Regrets. Hey, thanks for serving!

Dude, put the toolbelt down and finish up school since school is more important than hitting a nail into the wall. With todays standards, even a 4-year degree (bachelors) doesnt mean all that much in the business world or many others. Get cranking on the books before you find yourself lagging behind. You dont want to wearing a toolbelt your whole life do you?

Trust me, as much as school sucks its much easier than 10-12 manual labor days. I used to work for an electrical contractor for 3 years and although the money is good in construction with overtime and all, you will find yourself topped out pretty soon. Theres no real money to make in construction unless you own a company and thats even tough.

*I am finishing up school this year and currently working at a pharmaceutical company. The degrees out there make for a whole different way of life. Now, I use my head and wear a suit to work and my hands dont get the slightest bit dirty.

Good luck!!!
[sm=lame.gif] Somebody has his nose in the air.
If it were not for men in tool belts you would be working in a tent rather than an office.
While some people struggle in the construction trades, there is money to be made. Alot of it if your smart. The reason so many in construction never go anywhere is because they are content to be what they are. A motivated, intelegent and driven person can go anywhere in his field.
I left the Navy after ten years as a Seabee construction electrician and got on with an industrial electrical contractor here in the valley and within three years i became the highest paid person on the payroll besides the superintendent. And more importantly...i don't use a shovel. My wife went to school for what seems like forever...she's a teacher. I'll take my income over hers, hell i'll take half my income over hers.
If you like your job that's great but don't be so quick to dump on what other people choose to do. [sm=rant.gif]

Old 08-05-2005, 02:10 AM
05ramlaramie
Veteran

dude....no one was talking to you!

I wrote that message to him because he mentioned he was going to college and ironically ended up paying more attention to work than school.

if you like your job fine.

I see most of you are in the army,navy,(hardly any marines).....whatever....thats your choice.

I like how you think your so "highly" paid. good for you. its all relative. You want to talk numbers....i bet you I will be making more than your *** by 24 years old than you can make in 3 years combined with your wife....but no one is bragging.

Old 08-05-2005, 02:19 AM
ce2flaco
Veteran

Notice how i was able to post my views on your comments without cursing and acting like a child ?

Can you say the same?

Stay in school...you have alot to learn.

Old 08-05-2005, 02:23 AM
05ramlaramie
Veteran

go ahead....act like you didnt instigate it.

Doesnt matter...this is the internet. Now....if you are going to get 'philosophical' and start reasoning about the situation....use that energy to write a poem about your hard hat.

lata

Old 08-05-2005, 02:25 AM
ce2flaco
Veteran

[sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 08-05-2005, 02:37 AM
2002ramon24s
Professional

im 23 and bought all my own cars and trucks. only thing my parents done are cosign. im finally to the point i dont need them hehe. newayz thats me 23 6 day a week full time job workin my azz off

Old 08-05-2005, 05:39 PM
1SlowFormula
Professional

ORIGINAL: 05ramlaramie

Good luck!!!
OK he was responding to me, so that puts me in this a little bit...
I understand what you are saying, but if he is doing well then that is his choice there is no need to get on someone about how they choose to live their life... It's theirs to live not yours, you will get further in life/business by figuring that out...

I have similar things going on in my life as you do, but many are very different, and in no way would I voice my personal views on how to live your life.. I too work for a Pharma company, I too have decided to work clean over the dirty jobs I have held. But I would be damned to look down on anyone... I know how both ends live, I grew up homeless and had to take care of myself since very young, construction is where the money is in those cases so don't get one anyone who is working hard. Yes I tried to put myself through school but accrued more dept then you could imagine and had to join the Army to get out of it. Even with the GI bill I still had to resort to working construction jobs to pay my way through school when I got out of the Army, go figure school is expensive and there are some who don't have the time or the money... Let them live the life that is best for them, unless you are going to go and pay their bills and tuition to let them go to school...