3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help! Overhead console swap in 06 ram from OTIS to EVIC

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 07:57 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Question is will it work? I do not show either being available on the ST models. Being that the vehicle listed in your profile is a TRX I am guessing you have an ST model since those are the models the TRX was an option on? What I am trying to say is that if you do have an ST model, since it was not an option on your vehicle I do not know if it will even work or be able to be programmed in to work. Programming a sales code into a vehicle that was not available with a choice of that option often cannot be done. You are using a 2500 or 3500 SLT or Laramie to say it should work on a 1500 ST because they are the same year, but they didn't have the same options. If you get me a vin that has the option you are looking for I will get you a part number, but I cannot tell you if you will be able to get it to work.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 AM
JoshuaAckley
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Question is will it work? I do not show either being available on the ST models. Being that the vehicle listed in your profile is a TRX I am guessing you have an ST model since those are the models the TRX was an option on? What I am trying to say is that if you do have an ST model, since it was not an option on your vehicle I do not know if it will even work or be able to be programmed in to work. Programming a sales code into a vehicle that was not available with a choice of that option often cannot be done. You are using a 2500 or 3500 SLT or Laramie to say it should work on a 1500 ST because they are the same year, but they didn't have the same options. If you get me a vin that has the option you are looking for I will get you a part number, but I cannot tell you if you will be able to get it to work.
That's the $100 question. My truck is an SLT, with the TRX4 offroad package. Not the ST model. I will try to get you a vin. Still whether 1500, 2500, or 3500, no matter what trim, I have not been able to find more than two overhead electronic modules, one with garage door opener, and one without.

Joshua

Old 02-21-2013, 08:24 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

It may have been a late availability option. The sales code guides I have from back then are the last one for the model year so I cannot see if it was available the entire year. PM me your vin and I will see if the overhead is listed as available in the parts catalog. If it is not, then I would need a vin that does have it to be able to look up the exact part number for what you are looking for.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:41 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

For 2006 the part numbers I came up with are as follows:

56049824AD W/O garage door opener
56044864AD With garage door opener

I show it being listed as a module. I am sure you can Google these part numbers to see if they are what you need but I put these out there with the following disclaimer that in no way am I suggesting they will work for the mod you are attempting.

Last edited by DodgeCares; 02-21-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:01 AM
JoshuaAckley
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both of those at the regular OTIS. I have the one without the garage door opener. Guess I'll just have to go to the dealer and have them hook it up to the starscan tool.

Quick Reply: Help! Overhead console swap in 06 ram from OTIS to EVIC