3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lowering my daytona 4X4

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 10:13 AM
GIXXERGUY6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lowering my daytona 4X4

ORIGINAL: frogslinger

ummm.... isn't the rear suspension on the 2x4 and the 4x4 the same? If so a set of drop shakles will reduce your rake for about $60 plus install... if you want to drop your front an inch or two loosening your torsion bars should do that for you... all in all you can drop her about 2 inches for $150 in parts and labor...

as to whether I would do it?... frankly no... I drive a leveled 2X4 on 22's and really want a slightly lifted 4x4 to sit next to it in the driveway, but then i do not live in MI anymore and 4x4 is a luxary as opposd to a neccesity down here, and I am going to buy a CTS-V or camaro z-28 or GTO to take up the space currently filled by my lincoln once I get the Ram paid off.

to my understanding yes the rear is the same, it's only springs, perch and shackles back there lol.

but the front I have been told you have to modify the torsionbar cross member in order to get it to lower any cuz it's sitting on a stop right now? All know is I am going lower than 1-2 inches in the front so turning the bars down won't do anything for me.

Old 12-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Daddywags
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

I bet you are one of those billhillies with a 4x4'd Ford Station wagon.

Chances are he's a young guy and he's asking an innocent while silly question. Banning him? That's just stupid. Even still, can we take him out back and dunk him in the toilet? [8D]

Nope son, just hate when people make a perfectly good truck look stupid. What's next, hydraulics and daytons?

Old 12-21-2005, 09:37 PM
GIXXERGUY6

ORIGINAL: Daddywags

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

I bet you are one of those billhillies with a 4x4'd Ford Station wagon.

Chances are he's a young guy and he's asking an innocent while silly question. Banning him? That's just stupid. Even still, can we take him out back and dunk him in the toilet? [8D]

Nope son, just hate when people make a perfectly good truck look stupid. What's next, hydraulics and daytons?
this is coming from this guy in the quote that says why would you do something like that to make a perfectly good truck look stupid!

this is taking from his signature

Altezza tail lights

Billet gas door

why make it look like a ricer? to me making a truck look like a ricer is stupid.

you're making yourself look stupid by saying that what someone wants to do to their truck to make it look better to them or others that like that sort of thing.

Old 12-22-2005, 02:27 AM
Sarah99gxe

ORIGINAL: vipersforsale
I guess I never understood the thought process of buying a truck and then lowering it, why not buy a car that is already sitting on the ground, after all once you lower it you cant haul anything anyway.

I disagree with that...we lowered ours (because a lowered trucks look good ) and put air assist bags on the rear. We have hauled quite a bit in this truck since it's been lowered with no problems what-so-ever.

Old 12-22-2005, 03:03 AM
GIXXERGUY6

ORIGINAL: Sarah99gxe

ORIGINAL: vipersforsale
I guess I never understood the thought process of buying a truck and then lowering it, why not buy a car that is already sitting on the ground, after all once you lower it you cant haul anything anyway.

I disagree with that...we lowered ours (because a lowered trucks look good ) and put air assist bags on the rear. We have hauled quite a bit in this truck since it's been lowered with no problems what-so-ever.

i was going to say the same thing.

my father in law has a 90 f150 lowered 5-6 bags in the rear, tubbed out with 285 meats on it i think and he pulled a car trailer without any problems at all.

the most i will be hauling is a dirtbike and a 4x4 atv after i get it, and that is either going in the bed or on a small 6x8 trailer.

Old 12-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Daddywags
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: GIXXERGUY6

this is coming from this guy in the quote that says why would you do something like that to make a perfectly good truck look stupid!

Altezza tail lights

Billet gas door

why make it look like a ricer? to me making a truck look like a ricer is stupid.

you're making yourself look stupid by saying that what someone wants to do to their truck to make it look better to them or others that like that sort of thing.

The Billet gas door came with the truck, it is a Hemi Sport and the lights are to distinguish mine from every other ram out there and have had numerous questions asked on where I got them from other Ram owners and it definitely is not rice. You guys can do what you want with your rides. I personally think a lowered truck looks bad unless it is a show truck. I'd rather spend the money on performance mods.

Old 12-22-2005, 04:42 PM
05_black_beast
Professional

I remember when I had my 5.9 Grand Cherokee and would browse the message boards. Some of the guys were lowering them and putting some nice wheels/summer tires on them. Looked really damn good actually. Some people actually DO want the practicality of 4wd/awd and a sporty appearance. I don't understand the fuss about this. I'd say that Daytona is gonna look SICK an inch or two lower. Go for it.

-jimmy

Old 12-22-2005, 09:09 PM
GIXXERGUY6

ORIGINAL: GIXXERGUY6

Altezza tail lights

Billet gas door

You guys can do what you want with your rides. I personally think a lowered truck looks bad unless it is a show truck. I'd rather spend the money on performance mods.

well there you go you just said that we can do wut we want to, to OUR rides, and PERSONALLY I think that a lowered truck looks bad.....those are all YOUR opinions brother.

and where as YOU would rather spend YOUR money on performance mods,...NOT ALL PEOPLE WANT TO GO FAST.!!!!!!!

p.s. If memory serves me correct i think that the Altezza taillight came from the IS300 and being a lexus it's part of the Acura family and that is Euro(jap) thus making the IS300 a "ricer" look...........this theory is then added to all the taillights that have the clear lense and the red insert for color(altezza taillights)

I'M DONE ARGUING i HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO.

Old 12-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Daddywags
Record Breaker

So if mine is rice, then what is a lowered truck? A bean matchine, since the essas came up with lowering cars.

Old 12-23-2005, 01:35 PM
GIXXERGUY6

So if mine is rice, then what is a lowered truck? A bean matchine, since the essas came up with lowering cars.

actually if you want to call names it's tomato picker!

the point is this. different people like different things.

that's is what makes us all unique.

Quick Reply: lowering my daytona 4X4