3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Kenne Bell 500HP Supercharger for 5.7 HEMI Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 03:27 PM
mikegonzo
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kenne Bell 500HP Supercharger for 5.7 HEMI Update

Hey everyone.

Spoke with Kenne Bell this week to stay up to date with their progress on the supercharger.

Busting out those quirky calibration problems are what they are in their final stage in.

ETA is anywhere from NEXT WEEK to 1 month's time.

My further look into this jump to the 500HP range , made me question a cocky Dodge salesman
that in my opinion should not even be working at Dodge.

I was making small talk with this Salesman as I said I was looking into a supercharger and he immediately
went off that I would need a new Transmission, new exhaust, new headers...basically so much new
equipment after the supercharger was bolted on. <Scoff> He was basically trying to convince me
why going to the SRT-10 was a better choice.....typical salesman.

I fired off that statement to Kenne Bell and he was laughing.....he said the superchargers are and will
work on a stock HEMI Ram. It's designed for that and no changes to the system will have to be made
whatsoever...be it mechanical or computerized.

Keep in mind that these are still holding at the $3,999 price and I have been on the list to get one.

Ok all...just keeping ya updated Kenne Bell is about 20 minutes from me, so maybe it's my duty
to post when I hear something for our RAMS

Old 04-10-2004, 03:48 PM
bullitt1229
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Kenne Bell 500HP Supercharger for 5.7 HEMI Update

You won't need all that stuff, but I would still be very careful putting a supercharger on a relatively stock car/truck. I'm new to the Dodge world, but I know for Mustangs, it is pretty much a big no-no to put a supercharger on a car without upgrading to a 31 spline axle, building the bottom end, etc. But I have seen a supercharger on a stock Bullitt and has had no problems at all, then I saw another Bullitt with a supercharger and he blew a piston within 1000 miles of install. It's probably cheaper in the long run to upgrade while putting the blower on instead of blowing the engine, then doing the build-up. Just my .02

Old 04-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for keeping us all informed and up to date... I frequently get emailed about it and now I have an update to tell people. THANKS!!

~Amanda

Old 04-10-2004, 04:57 PM
mikegonzo
Veteran

Your Welcome I will take some pics when I head out there this week. Since the HEMI is such a strong engineered engine, there will be no problems or Kenne said he would pay the cost if any damage was done. That is why they
have been working so hard.

Old 04-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Ruslt
Rookie

I would definitly get headers and true duals with h or x pipe. An engine is an air pump the more air that goes in the engine needs to come out to be efficeint. You don't have to upgrade every thing like the sales men said, but it would help power to upgrade the exhaust. I think the tranny probalbly could handle the extra power. The rearend probably will eventually give away if you launch hard alot. What the hell if it aint broke don't fix it. When the rear or tranny gives then fix it.

Old 04-29-2004, 04:57 AM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker

That is sweet! I had previously heard it was going to be $4,800.00, I'm glad it either dropped a little bit or whoever told me that was wrong. How do you get on the list to get the Supercharger Kit? I bet the only reason he was trying to convince you to get the SRT-10 is because he would get money for it, they won't get money if you go get a Kenne Bell Kit. Besides, they won't even let them come to the showrooms, they are all being sold before they are even ordered in! I told the guys in the mechanics shop at our dealership about my plan to Supercharge my HEMI. I was immediately told by four people that my warranty wouldn't cover it. I kind of expected praise or at least a "Whoa, that'll be badass!"

Old 04-29-2004, 06:19 PM
04GTX
Rookie

the truth on voiding the warranty goes as this:

1. whatever is needing warranty work (ex. blown motor) has to be directly tied to the supercharger (supercharger malfunction) in order for it to void the warranty.

2. If you take your truck in and the guages stop working they cannot tell you that they can't fix it b/c your supercharger voided it. the guages woulda stopped working regardless!!

3. My friend used to be a dealer at lexus and he told me that people used to put stuff on them all the time and then come in to get warranty work and they would at first tell them no, but just pushing the issue will get it done, as you can eventually take them to court and dodge is not going to waste their time and money to loose in court for some guages or a tranny!!

just IMHO don't worry about the warranty, if you have enough ***** to make a scene and pick the busiest day they have and cause a riot you will get it fixed!!!

Old 04-29-2004, 06:36 PM
red91RT
Veteran

That is soooo funny. I was looking at a new '99 Camaro SS 5 years ago and the newbie salesman pointed at it and said"

"This one's supercharged."

"Oh yeah," I said. "What makes you say that?"

"Because is says SS. That means it's supercharged."

"Really," I says. "Wouldn't that be SC then?"

"No, it's SS because it's supercharged."

"Cool. Can I look under the hood?" . . . .significant pause once the hood's open: "Where's the Blower?"

"What?"

"The blower," I says. "Where's the supercharger? If it's supercharged there needs to be a blower either attached to the side like this . . ." pointed at the AC compressor "running off the crank or else on top" pointed to the cool LS1 intake system. "So where is it?"

"Uh. . . just a minute."

He ran inside and got the senior sales man and he starts in with, "It's not superchargered, sir."

"No duh. You're boy here told me it was and I sent him packing."

. . . i did not buy a Camaro that day.

Now. . . this Hemi Supercharger could definitely convince pop to sell me his '96 Sierra with a Vortech and get the rumble Bee he wants and put this blower on it. It's a Win-win since I don't have $35,000 for a Hemi Truck. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-30-2004, 05:05 AM
jak112460

I hate to be a spoil sport, but when you buy one of these blower units it is never an easy bolt on. Plus the fact that if you have to stick strictly to the calibration of the blower manufacturer you are making serious compromises. I suggest that we all wait until somebody comes out with a tuning device for the Hemi that allows tuning on a dyno. Every motor is different in its characteristics and the calibration that Kenne Bell will provide will just be a nice starting point.

Old 10-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Abqhemi
Professional

Any word on the supercharger??

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell 500HP Supercharger for 5.7 HEMI Update