3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MDS Delete

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 11:42 AM
Alex Medeiros
Captain
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ramario99
I guess I will be keeping the truck a little longer lolz.
It literally looks brand new. Enjoy the all the cylinders at every speed .

Old 04-27-2021, 01:24 PM
ramario99
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alex Medeiros
It literally looks brand new. Enjoy the all the cylinders at every speed .
I took the shot of the good side only lolz. The driver side has small dents in it from the driver door to the fuel door. But muchas gracias 🤘

Old 04-27-2021, 04:40 PM
RamHemi5.7
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you got it done.
If you can, please report MPG difference.

Old 04-27-2021, 06:15 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

I was finally able to upload the v9r14 crom onto the predator. I went to best buy and bought a new USB-serial cable. I plugged it to the computer and the predator and my computer picked it up right away. I didn't have to install additional drivers for it. Once the upload was finished, it asked to wait for the predator to reboot. I waited about 20 minutes and no reboot. I started looking up on the diablosport forums and the admins had said that you can manually reboot if it got stuck on that step. I manually reboot it and vioala, the crom was present. I went to my truck and plugged it and went on to install the 87 octane tune with the MDS disabled. Truck has much more response and MDS is gone. I guess I will be keeping the truck a little longer lolz. On to the next items on the list. First, I will be replacing the Flowmaster and then on to new tires. After, I will most likely tackle the broken manifold bolt. Thanks all who are in this thread for the help!
If you just replace the bolts, you will be in there again in the not-so-distant future. Get a good set of shortie headers, fight with it once, and be done with it. (remflex dead-soft copper or aluminum gaskets for those headers as well. )

Old 04-27-2021, 08:32 PM
ramario99
Professional

Originally Posted by RamHemi5.7
Glad to hear you got it done.
If you can, please report MPG difference.
Keeping an eye on it already.

Originally Posted by HeyYou
If you just replace the bolts, you will be in there again in the not-so-distant future. Get a good set of shortie headers, fight with it once, and be done with it. (remflex dead-soft copper or aluminum gaskets for those headers as well. )
Any particular ones to look at?

Old 04-27-2021, 09:45 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Keeping an eye on it already.

Any particular ones to look at?
Whatever fits your budget, and like. I recommend something ceramic coated. Inside and out would be even better. Of course, that means "expensive".......

Old 04-27-2021, 10:07 PM
ramario99
Professional

ha! I don't think i'm going into the full fledge performance route with this one. Just trying to keep it as in running shape as possible.

Old 04-28-2021, 08:40 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

ha! I don't think i'm going into the full fledge performance route with this one. Just trying to keep it as in running shape as possible.
The idea is, the shorty headers eliminate the root cause of the manifold bolt breaking problem, the design of the manifold itself. Ceramic coating is to help keep the heat in the exhaust, and not radiate it out into the engine compartment. Coating inside and out, is for longevity. Likely be the last time you need to deal with those.

Old 04-28-2021, 10:14 AM
ramario99
Professional

Originally Posted by HeyYou
The idea is, the shorty headers eliminate the root cause of the manifold bolt breaking problem, the design of the manifold itself. Ceramic coating is to help keep the heat in the exhaust, and not radiate it out into the engine compartment. Coating inside and out, is for longevity. Likely be the last time you need to deal with those.
interesting 🤔 I will definitely look into them.

Quick Reply: MDS Delete