3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

3rd Gen PCM Programming

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2023, 09:40 PM
James Barnyard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd Gen PCM Programming

Any company's that mess with these old PCM's?

Old 06-04-2023, 09:44 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,275 Likes on 3,022 Posts

What did you have in mind?

Old 06-04-2023, 09:31 PM
James Barnyard

Originally Posted by HeyYou
What did you have in mind?
Probably unlikely but I was wondering if you can program the tcm info out of it cause I wanna swap from a auto to a manual

Old 06-05-2023, 09:15 AM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 222 Likes on 202 Posts

Depends on the year. You also have the option of just grounding pin #4 in the 545rfe main connector. Ground to that wire just makes the pcm think that the transmission is always in either park or neutral. Then you just need to adjust the rpm limiter (4k in P or N).

Old 06-05-2023, 02:01 PM
James Barnyard

Originally Posted by Magnoom
Depends on the year. You also have the option of just grounding pin #4 in the 545rfe main connector. Ground to that wire just makes the pcm think that the transmission is always in either park or neutral. Then you just need to adjust the rpm limiter (4k in P or N).
it's a 03 thought I put it in the first message my bad

Old 06-06-2023, 09:02 AM
Magnoom
Record Breaker

Worst year for for Mopar hemi computers (I have one). 2003 uses a separate TCM; I'd contact Hotwireauto.com. They make adapter harnesses to get rid of the dual module setup and convert to a 2005 PCM (more tunability). They can probably help you quite easily.

Old 06-06-2023, 03:56 PM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Worst year for for Mopar hemi computers (I have one). 2003 uses a separate TCM; I'd contact Hotwireauto.com. They make adapter harnesses to get rid of the dual module setup and convert to a 2005 PCM (more tunability). They can probably help you quite easily.
Wait seriously? I've been wanting to swap forever and the only holdback was that I didn't want to be depinning and repinning connectors. I'll gladly weld in a couple o2 fittings as well for emissions.

Edit - Got in touch with them. Looks like they can take my harness and convert it to 05 and supply a PCM too. Hot damn!

Last edited by Prismatic; 06-07-2023 at 03:22 AM.
Old 06-07-2023, 06:52 AM
James Barnyard

**** thanks man

Old 06-07-2023, 09:06 AM
Magnoom
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Prismatic
Wait seriously? I've been wanting to swap forever and the only holdback was that I didn't want to be depinning and repinning connectors. I'll gladly weld in a couple o2 fittings as well for emissions.

Edit - Got in touch with them. Looks like they can take my harness and convert it to 05 and supply a PCM too. Hot damn!
Yep lol....been planning mine with them for awhile. I just keep needing the truck (long down/lead time). In fact now they're doing 8sp swap harnesses as well. I talked to Chris recently, told me if I was actually doing it (I hate the RFE) it would be easier to do it all at once.
While you're at it you can have them put the newer coil pack connectors on so you can use the newer style coil packs.

Old 06-08-2023, 04:58 AM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Yep lol....been planning mine with them for awhile. I just keep needing the truck (long down/lead time). In fact now they're doing 8sp swap harnesses as well. I talked to Chris recently, told me if I was actually doing it (I hate the RFE) it would be easier to do it all at once.
While you're at it you can have them put the newer coil pack connectors on so you can use the newer style coil packs.
I already sourced a second harness I can ship off to them lol

My only concern is CA emissions. I might just need to keep a kit together to drop back to factory for smog. Thankfully that's only once every two years.

Quick Reply: 3rd Gen PCM Programming