3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AC Coldness

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 11:01 PM
silverbullet06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AC Coldness

Manatlarge,
The saga continues.....more bad news.

17 days have passed and no part has arrived. I was told by D.Chrysler on 7/14/06 and again 7/21/06 (in writing) and last week by the dealer the part was shipped! Well if it was shipped I said from where? No comment, silence on the phone, I said why can't you track it? They told me the parts manager would call me back...Well it never happened, 17 days with no functioning climate control!!! No air from the vents at all while the fan runs.

No shipment = no tracking, what do you think? They must be building a new injection mold for the revised parts!

Old 07-31-2006, 03:01 AM
manatlarge2
Rookie

Sorry about the bad news and the failure to get your truck fixed. What i would do is request a loaner vehicle from your dealer till your truck is fixed. If it is a 5 star dealer they will more than likely loan you a truck similliar to yours, but probaly lower trim model. What i would do is politely explain to them that it is hot and that your getting headaches from driving with no working a/c and that something needs to be done since this is not your problem, it is theres, the a/c was working when i brought it in.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:56 PM
mckibbenmd

I guess I got a good one from all the complaints I've seen on here. Iowa, hit 101 degrees yesterday with hi humidity. I work less than 2 miles from home and its cool by the time I get there. By cool, I mean no calibrated thermometer, I just feel noticably cooler. Of course nearly any relief is better than working in that non-AC factory.

Old 08-14-2006, 05:22 PM
silverbullet06
Default Mega Cab Owners A/C ALERT------

Alert-------

Mega cab owners with faulty A/C or climate control need to log on to www.mydodgemegacab.com. This is a new web site documenting this serious problem. We need the help.

Thanks!
Silverbullet06

Old 08-21-2006, 03:47 AM
Tripod01

Greetings.
My wife's 2005 QC "doolley" w/cummins engine ( 47,000 miles ) started w/warm air on passenger side and cool air on drivers side, fan speed and recirculate working fine. Dealer said it was the compressor. $800 plus later the blower speeds stopped working while on recirculate. Dealer said it was the ignition switch. $185 plus later same thing. Service manager said she should have bought the extended warranty and sounded like a defective ignition switch which they would replace at no charge. Driving to San Antonio from Houston On Friday, the blower stopped altogether on fresh or recirc. After stopping to refuel it would work off and on, mostly off. Several times when the blower would stop, rolling down a window would cause the blower to start again. After the engine cooled over night it worked fine for a while. Several stops later ( 30 minute time period ) same thing. It would blow as long as recirc. was not on but stop blowing at red lights or slow speed. Any ideas?

Old 08-24-2006, 10:22 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if this helps or not, but i have a 2002 QC 1500, and the AC was cold on the drivers side, and cool on passenger side.
When i took the vehicle to the dealership, they stated that there was a TSB furnished in reference to this problem, supposedly, the passenger side is supposed to be 10 degress warmer than the drivers side.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:19 PM
KYBrons

Did you ever get the parts to fix this problem? Was it just the recirc door? I am having a similar problem and will fix it myself ('03 dually with 135K) but I would like to know that parts are available before I take it apart. Thanks

Old 09-04-2006, 06:28 PM
silverbullet06

Update-Recirc door came in about two weeks ago and the truck has been back again. There is a 20-30 degree warmer air from the right side vents. Dealer called STAR and they say 12 degrees is acceptable, they won't comment on the 20+.

This week I should meet the factory rep at the dealer and they either need to fix the A/C or buy it back. This problem (poor A/C or none) has been going on 4 months, that long enough!! I am sorry but 80-90 degree air won't cool any cab.

Silverbullet06

Old 10-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Inspector62

My AC absolutely sucks. I am very unhappy. The dealership says "it is working as designed" Well if the design sucks and it is working as designed, guess what.

SEVERAL people on here just don't get it. It is NOT just what the temp of the air is, it is also the quantity of air it is able to cool. The air coming out may be ice cold, but if it's just a small quantity of air, it will not cool adequately.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:50 AM
Inspector62

There is a new web page set up for this problem at http://www.mydodgemegacab.com

This is a serious enough problem that a class action lawsuit should be considered. The megacab AC is the same AC as in the smaller cabs. Dodge was too cheap to make the AC bigger even though the cab is twice as big as the basic cab. Same size AC, double the size cab. That doesn't take a genius to figure out.

Quick Reply: AC Coldness