3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AC Coldness

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 05:48 AM
sneaky
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AC Coldness

I must have got lucky with mine. I have a 05 Ram QC and the AC blows like its in the Arctic. Not to mention I'm in Las Vegas and even during the day it doesn't take long for it to cool off in the summer

Old 10-25-2006, 12:54 PM
Inspector62

It may work fine for the QC for all I know. Most of the complaints are with the Mega Cab. The exact same AC is used for all cabs, so if you have a smaller cab I'm sure you'll be fine. That's why it's a mega cab site that was set up. www.mydodgemegacab.com

Old 10-25-2006, 09:11 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: This is great timing...

Hey Gonefishing, excellent post. But honestly, why should someone do all of that, just to have the vehicle cool off.
The Ford Crown Victoria's AC, will freeze you out in a matter of minutes. And that's a large sized vehicle, with a V-8.
I really think, that someone at Dodge didn't do their homework when dealing with the AC.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:50 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

You may try going to the Dr. Z, website. It's a Dodge website, based on the Dr. Z commercial. There's a section where you can ask a question, concerning anything about your Dodge vehicle. I submitted a question concerning my A.C. system. You may want to do the same, too.

Old 10-27-2006, 02:37 AM
silverbullet06

Guys, Its still a problem. I have had the factory rep. supervise the repairs on repair attempt # 7. At that visit I had over a 20 degree spread at the vents, you will never cool any vehicle with 70-80 A/C air from the vents. Went through repair # 8 two weeks ago (three new parts), well....it blows cold air but it is only in the 70's here in central Ca.

My Mega Cab just turned 7,000 miles. After all my problems I was offered an extended service contract (Max Care) from Daimler to buy me off. My attorney said "refuse it"! When next summer comes and the A/C will not perform again, I will be getting afull refund one way or another.

Silverbullet 06

Old 10-27-2006, 08:37 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

Hey Silverbullit06, that's interesting, because when i took my vehicle to the dealership because of what i thought was a problem with the AC (Passenger side vent blowing warmer air than drivers side) I was told that a TSB -Tech Service Bulletin came out indicating that, that was normal...
I think i better take my vehicle back to the dealership, and see whats going on.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:27 AM
mdmorgan

My 03 2500 QC CTD had the same problem, but i found it and just took the door out. i hope there is a recall done cause it looked like a cheap design to me.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:13 PM
BLKBUTY

Did anything ever come of this? The problem mine has (2002 QC) is that after driving for an hour or more, it quits blowing air out of the vents. If I turn the fan up high I can hear it blowing but almost no aircomes out of the vents. I have no idea where it's going, I just know that it's not coming out of the vents. My truck doesn't get driven much. Currently it has just under 36K. Anyone get a solution to their problems? Mine sounds a lot like what silverbullet06 was going thru.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:02 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

I have noticed that the air sounds like it should be blowing out way faster than it is. My truck does get cold after a while, but I have a cummins. It doesnt compare one bit to my crewcab ford powerstroke.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:56 PM
cmoschip
Rookie

ORIGINAL: silverbullet06

I took my truck to dealer #3 for the same faulty air conditioning problem (4 times in two months). Now the fan blows but no air comes out of the vents on any selector position.

I demanded a conference call with D.Chrysler warranty department when the truck was checked out. They looked at me like I was crazy, so... I called D.Chrysler and asked to speak to a manager or supv. After 5 minutes on hold they said they were all in meetings and would return my call.... well, it never happened.

Towards the end of the day I got a call from the dealer and they said the Recirc. door came apart!! Guess what? There is a nationwide back order for the part. Sounds fishy. Can you spell recall? I told the dealer.

I work for a large corporation that is an OEM parts supplier to the major auto manufacturers, so I know how the system works. Auto manufacturers DO NOT want quality problems to go public!! It can start a very expensive recall program.

2006 Mega Cab 1500, 4X4, Hemi
I found that one in mine too - bought the whole housing (with door and actuator for $17.50 - they must have priced it wrong. After I found out the evaporator had to come out to replace it I took it in for the warranty - out the same day.

Quick Reply: AC Coldness