3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: A poll
No, they dont
23.73%
Yes, they do
57.63%
Neutral
18.64%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Toyota Trucks...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota Trucks...

Ok people. Im not trying to down anyone, but i feel that these ricer companys like toyota and honda and nissan have no business making V-8s or trucks for that matter. Who agrees with me? Also I dont want to sound like a jerk or anything, but I dont feel that they have the experiance to make a good truck or the market, especilly that new ridgeline, I mean how impractical is that?

Old 02-10-2007, 04:54 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: Toyota Trucks...

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

Ok people. Im not trying to down anyone, but i feel that these ricer companys like toyota and honda and nissan have no business making V-8s or trucks for that matter. Who agrees with me? Also I dont want to sound like a jerk or anything, but I dont feel that they have the experiance to make a good truck or the market, especilly that new ridgeline, I mean how impractical is that?
For starters, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan ARENT ricer companies. To address them as such merely shows your own ignorance. Secondly, they have produced some of the absolute best vehicles in the world, in both performance AND reliability.

Does this make them better then American based cars? Not always. It merely shows that they work hard and put as much effort if not more into their cars & trucks as we do here in the States.

The Ridgeline is impractical? That's hilarious. As for not building V8's.....do you know who's dominating the NASCAR truck series right now? Toyota.....

Let me add one last thing......reliability, performance, and longevity is the most important things in a vehicle today. Honda, Nissan, and Toyota provide just that. In fact, they have a better track record and experience in providing that then some of the American built cars. Does this make them better? Not at all..... merely stating that you have no idea what you are talking about...

Old 02-10-2007, 04:58 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's ok to be loyal to your brand of choice, but verry foolish to be ignorant of the othier manufacters who are competting with your brand of chioce.

The tables are never the same from one year to the next, who's on top today will most likely not be a 3rd choice two years from now. I was loyal to Ford, would never ever drive any thing else, than I got stuck with two brand new trucks that were P poor, and I went to Dodge.

Dodge is no were close to perfection, and yet I'm happy with my 06 Ram, If I were in the market today for a truck, I would look at at the new tundra, or GMC line of trucks.

The honda Ridge line is verry nice handeling car, thier is no Truck like qualities in it, but it's a fine ride for those not needing all the utility and operating expense's of a full size truck, Toyota has been building v6 and stright six engines that lay shame to most north American V/8 engines for years.....The skyline and Supra..

My girrl friend just bought a used low mileage 2000 Toyota Senia mini van that handels better than a new 06 Grand Caravan, the Senia changed my opions of Toyota for the better...

The educated consumer is not going to be caught up with brand loyality....

Old 02-10-2007, 06:11 PM
DelawareDon
Professional

Competition improves the product for all of us. If Toyota can build a full-sized truck which causes Dodge and others to provide a better vehicle....Great!Today, almost all vehicles are"global" in nature. As for Tundras and Titans...I've owned both....and both were built in America (Tundra in Indiana and Titan in Mississippi). I once read that by EPA definition, which takes into account the percentage of parts of an automobile that originate from outside the United States, the Ford Crown Victoria should be considered a "foreign" automobile. To compartmentalize vehicles by country, in these days, truly shows a lack of knowledge and understanding.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:14 PM
BgBluRam
Captain

I would have to agree with the posts above. The ridgeline, although not a utility vehicle, does provide VERY practical options as stated above. And I believe they have every right in the world to build a V8, and to come out with the baddest of the bad for their new tundra, I say thumbs up to toyota! That's exactly how it should be done. Don't build a new vehicle to be out-done, build a vehicle to out-do, which is precisely what Toyota has done. Don't frown apon the Foreign companies, as they are who introduce most of the idea's that American Auto-makers use on a regular basis.

And when the new truck of the year (Tundra) outsales just about all of the competition, think again about the lack (sarcasm)of experience they have in producing America's top truck. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Old 02-10-2007, 08:53 PM
sspp
Professional

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

For starters, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan ARENT ricer companies. To address them as such merely shows your own ignorance. Secondly, they have produced some of the absolute best vehicles in the world, in both performance AND reliability.

Does this make them better then American based cars? Not always. It merely shows that they work hard and put as much effort if not more into their cars & trucks as we do here in the States.

The Ridgeline is impractical? That's hilarious. As for not building V8's.....do you know who's dominating the NASCAR truck series right now? Toyota.....

Let me add one last thing......reliability, performance, and longevity is the most important things in a vehicle today. Honda, Nissan, and Toyota provide just that. In fact, they have a better track record and experience in providing that then some of the American built cars. Does this make them better? Not at all..... merely stating that you have no idea what you are talking about...

Was it necessary to stoop to a level below his and be a childish ******* in the process?
Just wondering...

Old 02-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Ben D.
Champion

Yea true I like the some of hte toyota's. In fact I think the new tundra is rather nice. I still like dodge better for styling. I did like chevy and GMC but the new styling doesn't really appeal to me as much and I don't like the front bumpers that are so low to the ground. Ford I had an old 93 f150 with the 300 I 6 and it was a great truck but a drunk driver murdered her on september 8 2005. I still have the window sticker form when I bought it plus the shift **** and keys. Almost makes me cry thinking about it.
I have one problem with the trundra I don't like that to get a nice looking truck with chrome nicer rims and such you have to get the cab with two doors. I am a Reg cab short bed guy. I was looking at a cummins but I'm starting to doubt it since you can't get a reg cab sb.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:45 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: sspp

Was it necessary to stoop to a level below his and be a childish ******* in the process?
Just wondering...
I didnt stoop a level below his.....and childish *******? That's fairly amusing. Here's an idea, if you cant add something positive or informational to a thread, dont post. There's simply no need for name calling and childish behavior.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Ben D.
Champion

Yea man I didn't see any smack tlaking childish name calling in Devil's post. Just the facts.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:10 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just as recent as yesterday, i saw a commercial promoting the new Toyota Tundra, and i have to admit, that i was impressed.
Extra large rotors for greater stopping power, as well as alot of other things added.
Plus you have to admit people care about dependability, and these import vehicles are known for their dependability.
A pal of mine has a Honda Accord, and is looking to buy the Ridgeline. He swears by these imports.

Quick Reply: Toyota Trucks...