4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Anyone used Bilstein Shocks to level their truck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 01:38 AM
stvsherrod
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used Bilstein Shocks to level their truck?

these shocks are adjustable so you can add lift, from 0-2.8".. just wondering if anyone has used them or even looked into using them yet..

Old 01-13-2010, 06:34 AM
BULLRAM
Veteran
Angry

I was ready to get them ,and the ad I saw,stated they fit our 2WD's but the people that actually make them told me they dont make them for the 09--2WD's, they make them for the more popular 2WD F-150 and Chevy.........................((OUCH !!!!))

Old 01-13-2010, 07:39 AM
c0mf0rt
Captain

And both those trucks are ugly as hell so... lose lose I guess.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:14 AM
StuartV
Professional

My truck is at the alignment shop getting 4 of the Bilsteins installed right now. And a TGC 1.5" spacer in the rear. With the front shocks set for max lift (2.75"), the overall effect should be to level it out with 2.75/1.5 inches of lift.

I'll post pics asap.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:15 AM
pdavis53
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StuartV
My truck is at the alignment shop getting 4 of the Bilsteins installed right now. And a TGC 1.5" spacer in the rear. With the front shocks set for max lift (2.75"), the overall effect should be to level it out with 2.75/1.5 inches of lift.

I'll post pics asap.
Man I guess I need to get out there and take some pic's of mine huh!

Bullram,
As for the 2WD, the Bilstein setup is for trucks with coilover setup's, the 2WD drive is a similar setup as it is a coilover but it is a different system. in our 2WD trucks the setup consists of a shock or strut whtever you want to call it, inside of a coil but they are not joined and can be installed independently, Where the 4WD version has to be done by a professional since the strut and coil are joined and have to be pressed to get apart. Look at this thread and there a great pictures of the 4WD Ram's suspension and then look at your suspension and you will see the difference.https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen...onversion.html If I get time I will try to take a picture of mine and post it so you can see.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Cheap_thrills
Amateur

I'll post pics asap.
Please do, this is what I'm looking at, also if you don't mind give the cost you paid.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:53 AM
StuartV
Professional

I bought the shocks and spacers from Top Gun Customz. I googled around and found the shocks cheaper elsewhere online. But, I was already dealing with TGC, they give a discount for members of the Dodge (no space) Talk forums and provide support there, so I paid more but got the shocks from them. You can go to http://www.topguncustomz.com to see the parts and prices.

I don't know yet what the exact cost is going to be for the install and alignment, if that's what you're asking.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Harmsie
Amateur

I'll post pics asap.
Stu, can't wait to see the pics. Did you take any measurements before the install so you know how much lift you're actually getting?

Old 01-13-2010, 01:01 PM
StuartV
Professional

Yes, I took measurements.

I thought my truck would be done by lunch, but it wasn't. The idiots at the alignment shop found the sealed up box on the floorboard in the back seat that contained front spacers - which I was planning to return to Top Gun Customz - and installed them. Then they were having trouble getting the front height right because once they put the shocks in, the front was too high. No duh!!

Arghhh!

Old 01-13-2010, 01:05 PM
stvsherrod
Professional

great! TGC is exactly where i came across them also. can't wait to see the pictures.

Quick Reply: Anyone used Bilstein Shocks to level their truck?