4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

BT Oil Catch Can installed...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 12:51 AM
72combo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the engine cover comes off to do this?

Old 10-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 72combo
So the engine cover comes off to do this?
Sorry about the delayed response....But yes you pull the engine cover and route the hose to the PCV (near the firewall), mount the Catch Can, Route the hose up to TB..re-mount engine cover and it's complete!

Here is an update after 2,000 miles...This is what get misted by your TB and into the intake side of your engine after only 2,000 miles. This is a 16oz bottle...

IMAG0553 by Mikeyyy816, on Flickr

Old 11-09-2011, 12:35 PM
72combo
Champion

Nightmare on Catch can street. Well I put the DiabloSport one on which is made by BT for them, just didn't get a group rate but only had to wait 4 days to get it. Anyway, bolted it to the wrong hole on the front head, put it in the top one, seemed right because the z bracket seems to have the same shape as if it fits the head. Well couldn't get the engine cover back on so moved to the bottom hole where it belonged but hoses were short now since we trimmed them to fit the top. Went out with engine cover off just put air filter hose back on. Finally found something I believe will be okay. The hose they sent was air brake hose, I could not find any oil resistand hose or PVC hose in 1/2 inch, this city sucks.. Finally Napa has some fuel injection hose that looks just like the air brake hose but I assume this hose should be fine. Any comments except I am an idiot. Funny thing is we had it on in a half hour the first time. Paraplegic and his wife, wrenching under the hood sure looks funny I bet. My wife didn't have the strength to push on the hoses so that was the extra time, and I couldn't reach. Well it seems to have more power now, is that possible?

Old 11-13-2011, 08:24 PM
18D&Z

cool thanks....wrote previous thread without seeing someone asked the same question...cool.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 18D&Z
cool thanks....wrote previous thread without seeing someone asked the same question...cool.
haha, no worries! totally worth it...check back in a day or two on this thread i'll be emptying my catch can and you'll see how much more is in there w/ an update on the mileage...

Old 11-14-2011, 06:58 PM
18D&Z

Originally Posted by Mikeyyy816
haha, no worries! totally worth it...check back in a day or two on this thread i'll be emptying my catch can and you'll see how much more is in there w/ an update on the mileage...
Im going to order one from BT. Hoping the install will go easy on my 2011. good detail on your pics. will be using them for reference.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 18D&Z
Im going to order one from BT. Hoping the install will go easy on my 2011. good detail on your pics. will be using them for reference.
No problem...I will be under my hood in a few days removing my CAI and putting my stock intake back on and will try and snap a few better pics of the mounting hole bc people confuse the mounting hole and it can prevent the engine cover from going back on. It's a relatively easy install. Use some lubricating spray on the nipples for the hoses it will make your life 20x easier haha. So hopefully w/in a few days I'll have a couple pics uploaded for you to see to help w/ the install.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:14 AM
18D&Z

Originally Posted by Mikeyyy816
No problem...I will be under my hood in a few days removing my CAI and putting my stock intake back on and will try and snap a few better pics of the mounting hole bc people confuse the mounting hole and it can prevent the engine cover from going back on. It's a relatively easy install. Use some lubricating spray on the nipples for the hoses it will make your life 20x easier haha. So hopefully w/in a few days I'll have a couple pics uploaded for you to see to help w/ the install.
Bro...PLEASE DO....after reading some of the posts and the "difficulties" im psyching myself up for this install. This install should be something exciting..not stressful. More the better. If you could....when shooting pics....can you use your finger in the pic to actually point to where the connections to the engine should be? or something that could easily identify the areas. One close up with your finger and then a 1 over the world to show? sorry to be so demanding but I've been brainstorming over the last couple of days on how to attack this "simple" project....lmao

Old 11-15-2011, 06:26 PM
72combo
Champion

Just make sure if you are using the z bracket to bolt it to the very bottom empty hole on the head, there are three holes one looks like the obvious (the top one)because the zbracket looks lke it was made to fit there. I should have paid attention to the picks, my bad.Would have been an easy job had I put it in the right place but I have already said this just reitterating it, sorry I did not take pics of the install, I do know why they put the cover on the engine. Man does that engine make some crappy noises, ticking etc. that cover makes it all go away.

Last edited by 72combo; 11-16-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:12 PM
18D&Z

Originally Posted by 72combo
Just make sure if you are using the z bracket to bolt it to the very bottom empty hole on the head, there are three holes one looks like the obvious (the top one)because the zbracket looks lke it was made to fit there. I should have paid attention to the picks, my bad.Would have been an easy job had I put it in the right place but I have already said this just reitterating it, sorry I did not take pics of the install, I do know why they put the cover on the engine. Man does that engine make some crappy noises, ticking etc. that cover makes it all go away.
OK...right on brother!! BT just let me know that mine was shipped today!! can't wait!!
:icon_banan a:

Quick Reply: BT Oil Catch Can installed...