4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

BT Oil Catch Can installed...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 10:13 PM
18D&Z
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikeyyy816
No problem...I will be under my hood in a few days removing my CAI and putting my stock intake back on and will try and snap a few better pics of the mounting hole bc people confuse the mounting hole and it can prevent the engine cover from going back on. It's a relatively easy install. Use some lubricating spray on the nipples for the hoses it will make your life 20x easier haha. So hopefully w/in a few days I'll have a couple pics uploaded for you to see to help w/ the install.
Hey man...forgot to ask you..but why are you taking your CAI out and putting your stock back in?

Old 11-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 18D&Z
Hey man...forgot to ask you..but why are you taking your CAI out and putting your stock back in?
Well to be honest it's really a completely pointless mod..unless you like the looks of it and the "little bit of growl" it adds under the hood. The stock air box on these trucks gets good airflow, so I am putting that back in and purchasing an AmsOil dry filter to put in the box...

Also waiting for the rain to stop falling here in NJ so I can snap those pics for you... and I will take those pictures and i'll use my finger to point the stuff out for yah.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Bro...PLEASE DO....after reading some of the posts and the "difficulties" im psyching myself up for this install. This install should be something exciting..not stressful. More the better. If you could....when shooting pics....can you use your finger in the pic to actually point to where the connections to the engine should be? or something that could easily identify the areas. One close up with your finger and then a 1 over the world to show? sorry to be so demanding but I've been brainstorming over the last couple of days on how to attack this "simple" project....lmao
Here are the pics I told you I'd get for yah, finally a sunny day 45 degrees but sunny so it was do-able!! Let me know if it makes it easier for you...

Yes yes the engine compartment is dirty...I need to get under there and clean!

This is the bolt the "Z" Bracket mounts too...as you can see it's the LOWEST hole on the head, shine a flashlight there and you'll see which one.

IMAG0069 by Mikeyyy816, on Flickr

This is the hose that connects to the PCV...use a little bit of silicone spray of some sort (i personally used pb blaster and it worked well) spray it on the nipple and slide it on (it may be tough to slide on)

IMAG0072 by Mikeyyy816, on Flickr

This is where the hose connects to the TB..same as before spray the nipple up a bit...haha.

IMAG0074 by Mikeyyy816, on Flickr

IMAG0077 by Mikeyyy816, on Flickr

Old 11-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

For the people who are following this thread....

These are pics of my can since the last time I emptied it today at 23,330 miles...

IMAG0078 by Mikeyyy816, on Flickr

This is a 16oz pepsi bottle I've dumped in here twice first dump was at 21,000k this dump was conducted at 23,330k....

IMAG0084 by Mikeyyy816, on Flickr

Old 11-19-2011, 11:57 AM
18D&Z

Here are the pics I told you I'd get for yah, finally a sunny day 45 degrees but sunny so it was do-able!! Let me know if it makes it easier for you...

Yes yes the engine compartment is dirty...I need to get under there and clean!

This is the bolt the "Z" Bracket mounts too...as you can see it's the LOWEST hole on the head, shine a flashlight there and you'll see which one.

IMAG0069 by Mikeyyy816, on Flickr

This is the hose that connects to the PCV...use a little bit of silicone spray of some sort (i personally used pb blaster and it worked well) spray it on the nipple and slide it on (it may be tough to slide on)

IMAG0072 by Mikeyyy816, on Flickr

This is where the hose connects to the TB..same as before spray the nipple up a bit...haha.

IMAG0074 by Mikeyyy816, on Flickr

IMAG0077 by Mikeyyy816, on Flickr
Bro....THOSE PICS ARE AWESOME!! i do have question....the lines you have there...are those the black braided ones or are they just the regular ones?

Old 11-20-2011, 01:41 AM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Bro....THOSE PICS ARE AWESOME!! i do have question....the lines you have there...are those the black braided ones or are they just the regular ones?
Glad I could help! Those are just the standard basic hoses that come w/ the kit. If you want it to look fancy then the braided hoses are nice. The lines aren't under any kind of pressure so it doesn't matter. Just remember after install check it about every 500 miles or so just so you can see how much accumulates. Then you can space it out more of how often you check. I now check mine ever 1500k(ish) just to take a peek...

Old 11-20-2011, 10:15 PM
18D&Z

Glad I could help! Those are just the standard basic hoses that come w/ the kit. If you want it to look fancy then the braided hoses are nice. The lines aren't under any kind of pressure so it doesn't matter. Just remember after install check it about every 500 miles or so just so you can see how much accumulates. Then you can space it out more of how often you check. I now check mine ever 1500k(ish) just to take a peek...
thanks man. The BT oil catch can came in Saturday...I was soooo stoked!! open the box and it had the regular lines. I was bummed. I want it to look neat underneath....now i have to call em tomorrow and let them know. so its staring at me and im fighting the urge to put it in....now ill have to wait another couple of days if not weeks. They were actually pretty fast in delivering though.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:15 PM
72combo
Champion

I bet if you contact them and ask for a refund for whatever it will cost you to buy the hoses you want locally....to save them shipping and hassle they might go for it?

Old 11-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Pull Ya
Professional

The inside diameter of the black braided hoses is just a tad smaller than the other hoses, so be prepared to do a lot of pushing, twisting, pulling, cussing and bleeding to get them on the pcv valve and the tb. I had to stretch mine out overnight to finally get them to fit. Good luck!!
Jay

Old 11-26-2011, 04:31 PM
18D&Z

@72 combo? I did call and they were very cool about it and said it they were sending it out that day. Should be here by Mon or tues.

@pull ya: thanks for the advice.....any advice on on lube? silicon spray?

Quick Reply: BT Oil Catch Can installed...