4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

BT Oil Catch Can installed...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally used PB Blaster and it worked pretty well, "Pull ya" is correct cussing and bleeding will prob. get the best of yah lol....

Old 11-27-2011, 02:08 PM
18D&Z
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikeyyy816
I personally used PB Blaster and it worked pretty well, "Pull ya" is correct cussing and bleeding will prob. get the best of yah lol....
cool....PB BLASTER....MIXED WITH SOME CUSSING AND BLEEDING...CHECK

Old 11-28-2011, 12:46 AM
72combo
Champion

I bought some of that hose with the material on the outside I could not get that on the truck, they went on the barbed things on the catch can but forget the engine.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:00 PM
72combo
Champion

Okay pics since Nov 11 this year and less than 1000 km so 600 m I am surprised at how much and how dirty it is.

Attached Thumbnails BT Oil Catch Can installed...-imag0176.jpg  
Old 12-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

^^Nice pic bro, thanks for adding it !! It's crazy to see how much ends up in there! This mod is a must in my eyes...to imagine this is all going back to the intake side of your engine! lol....stupid emission standards..

Old 12-09-2011, 01:17 AM
72combo
Champion

My truck has used 1 quart of oil since September and only 2000km's, I never checked it when using conventional oil but this is since I put in Synthetic, does Syn burn up quicker than conventional?

Old 12-09-2011, 04:03 PM
rking300
Professional

Originally Posted by rking300
Got mine from there as well and yeah took forever to get it in also.
Glad I installed it. Just dump it everytime I change the oil and its at lease 1/2 full of oil each time. Takes only like 20-30 mins to install.
Same here got mine also from there and took forever. I would have paid the extra from another site to get it faster. The owner was cool enough and would probably order other things from him but it maybe a delay on these specificly. Love the catch can and at 28K miles I know Ive emptied a ton of oil that would have ended up in my intake.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:19 PM
72combo
Champion

Does anyone know how this would affect emissions testing? Also what about when doing a Seafoam cleanout just leave it there?

Old 12-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 72combo
Does anyone know how this would affect emissions testing? Also what about when doing a Seafoam cleanout just leave it there?
To be honest bro, I don't know what the emissions testing facilities will say...but to be honest I don't even think they'd ever notice it unless there that stringent?

I don't have to get testing on my truck in the state of NJ bc my truck is registered in the Florida...so I skimp out of that! lol

Old 12-11-2011, 12:09 PM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 72combo
I dont think anyone doing the emmisions test can say anything as long as your vehicle pass`s the test. Ther is a huge gray area inbetween whats legal and whats not. I would love to debate the EPA on oil catch can`s whether they are legal or not. I would say to the EPA, how can you make it illegal if its stops raw oil from entering the combustion chamber and being burned and then exiting the tail pipes into the atmosphere. (and lets not forget, burning oil plugs up catylitic convertors) I`m not happy with the EPA as a whole, BUT, i`m glad they are making the auto industry step up and pull better mpg`s from vehicles today. What i DONT agree with, is how they can dictate what you can do to your truck AFTER you buy it. If they want to dictate the manufactuer, GOOD, but after it leaves the factory, it should be up to the owner to do what they want with it, especially if you are making it run more efficient than when it left the factory. If a person is worried about what the testing facility will think (or dictate) , then do a very clean professional install with the oil catch can, get rid of the shiney looking chrome look to it, paint it black and it will blend right in and never even be seen. If you`re going to leave it all shiney and chrome looking and sticking out there like a fly on a wedding cake, then you can very well expect them to question you about it. Keep it out of sight, they`ll likely never bother you about it. Another thing you can do, take it off before your tests, put it back on when you get home. Pretty much a no brainer about this subject anyway.

Quick Reply: BT Oil Catch Can installed...