4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bullydog Triple Dog GT Gas Gauge/Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 11:30 AM
evan4434
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bullydog Triple Dog GT Gas Gauge/Tuner

Ok, I can get one of these pretty cheap. I only really care about increase MPG does anyone know for experience if this really helps. I see it has a driving coach which is cool, but does it really increase the mpg. I have a very light foot as it is and I get about 15 - 16 mpg with my 2500. Of course I would always like to get more.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evan4434
Ok, I can get one of these pretty cheap. I only really care about increase MPG does anyone know for experience if this really helps. I see it has a driving coach which is cool, but does it really increase the mpg. I have a very light foot as it is and I get about 15 - 16 mpg with my 2500. Of course I would always like to get more.
Driving coach is pretty cool, I don't use it tho. Basically it just rates your driving, but everytime I drive I get a F because I drive it hard haha.

I see that you have a 2500, I am also assuming a Hemi? In that case your looking at lower MPG just because of your trucks weight. So I would not try to compare that to 1500 owners. IF you are...

I will say one thing tho. The GT tuner as of today, does NOT HAVE A TUNE for the 2011s and up. They are working on encryption issues. So if yours is a 2011 it will not work.

NOW saying that I will say that I can't wait till they come out with a tune. I had this GT in my 07 and have been waiting 2 months for a tune. Guys keep telling me to sell this one and get a superchips. I am going to wait till they come out, only reason was bullydog and dodge work well together. With the GT you gain access to sealtbelt minders, DRLs, High beams with fogs. Just those types of things, you can enable/disable at the touch of a button. Not to mention I like the heads up display...Tuning is very good too, your able to set WOT points, change tire size, and it does a good job. You definitely feel the difference. I don't know what kind of functions they will allow in the 2011s, but I assume it will be generally the same.

IMO If you can get it for cheap go for it and just wait for the tune. I was talking to a rep, and they said it is very close.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:48 PM
evan4434
Professional

I have a 2009 which has the 4th GEN VVT hemi. I was also not comparing 1500 to 2500 as I know the 2500 is going to get worse mpg.

Did you see any real improvement in mpg on your 2007 hand calculated?

Old 11-15-2011, 11:37 PM
Nate769
All Star

Ok then yes I would go with it. I have never had any other tuners so I can't compare but I love my bullydog.

Yes I probably saw 1-2MPG, thats if I actually drove it nice and easy. You will notice performance gains tho, so its kinda hard to get that 1-2 because your always on the throttle...

Old 11-16-2011, 11:44 AM
evan4434
Professional

Sounds good, anyone else???

Old 11-17-2011, 09:53 AM
cpelton
Veteran

I've had one, not impressed. Especially with their customer service. I picked one up right when they came out and they were plagued with tuning problems. First it would not load any tune whatsoever. We managed to get that sorted then the base tune would ping even when running 94 octane. After weeks of back and forth with their head support guy (Bobby Goldhahn) I finally got a tune that was somewhat drivable. I had other problems which never got resolved - partially my fault because I was playing with the settings, I turned the DRL's off but was unable to turn them back on. I had to pay the stealership to fix that one because I stopped getting reply's from bullydog. After many, many unanswered emails I even threatened to out them on the forums and did not hear a word back. I gave it a year and then updated it it to the latest and greatest. I still had pinging with 94 octane and the base tune under hard acceleration.

**** you bullydog. No wonder you can find one for cheap. Mine went in the trash.

Last edited by cpelton; 11-17-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:58 AM
337ram
Rookie

I have one in my 09, it has worked flawless and yes I did see a improvement, mines the small v8 running 35s. No issues with loading tunes etc, the only issue I had was adjusting for my tire size had to play with that a lil but

Old 11-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Nate769
All Star

Originally Posted by cpelton
I've had one, not impressed. Especially with their customer service. I picked one up right when they came out and they were plagued with tuning problems. First it would not load any tune whatsoever. We managed to get that sorted then the base tune would ping even when running 94 octane. After weeks of back and forth with their head support guy (Bobby Goldhahn) I finally got a tune that was somewhat drivable. I had other problems which never got resolved - partially my fault because I was playing with the settings, I turned the DRL's off but was unable to turn them back on. I had to pay the stealership to fix that one because I stopped getting reply's from bullydog. After many, many unanswered emails I even threatened to out them on the forums and did not hear a word back. I gave it a year and then updated it it to the latest and greatest. I still had pinging with 94 octane and the base tune under hard acceleration.

**** you bullydog. No wonder you can find one for cheap. Mine went in the trash.
sorry you had such an issue, I have had issues in regards to forum and email service. (Just takes a while) However one day my screen went blank and it was over the 1 year warranty by a month. Bullydog agreed to replace it anyways because that was an issue not regularly seen so they wanted to work on it more. I have a brand new one in 2 weeks.

As for tuning I have never had an issue either, sucks man...

Old 11-17-2011, 08:02 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Better for diesels than gassers. I would stick with the two that have been in the gasser business a lot longer. Diablosport or Superchips.
As for the 2011's, I would suspect it is going to be a while with the PCM's being encrypted.

Quick Reply: Bullydog Triple Dog GT Gas Gauge/Tuner