4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Why do other forums bash Dodge so much???

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 10:07 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to bash any one, or make, But this is more of a observation, and its true for myself.

In the first year or two of a new truck, everys ones happy, until a minor issues, or a major issue, Than that brands web forms hear abought it.

Most people who come from Brand A ( happy or un happy owners) and settle into brand B are happy.

IF I stepped up from my 06 into a 2014 truck, All new brands are going to offer a better driving dynamic, ( dont want the payments)

All the brands now are so much alike, one or two parts supply compaines build the new trucks, and the brands just assemble them into thier own versions..

IF brand A is crap, Brand B and C knowing that people are willing to buy a crap A truck on the loyality card, are going to build the same truck and hype it up..

Its never been abought building the best, but who can make the most proffit in the quickest time frame.

I was so loyal to Ford, thier was a time in my ownership, I owned some good produtcs, so I played the loyality card until a bad run of fords, Than I jumped to dodge and was amazed in the first year, now Dodge loyality is collecting dust, But I love my truck!!

Now I may go back to Ford, Or perhaps GM,Or the new Nissan Titan (with CTD) half ton trucks as cost allows, but truth be told I'm not sure a new truck is worth it!!

Old 02-02-2014, 06:48 AM
Shortride
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A general observation:

I simply define it as "Running Off At The Mouth." Most have no idea what they're talking about. Either jealous or just trying to stir up some crap.

You can do that on the internet and get by with it. As Forest Gump would say, "That's All I've Got To say About That."

Old 02-03-2014, 06:11 AM
Tunaman
Veteran
Default Simple explanation

Cyclone, you make it too complicated. Simple explanation: dodge has greatly improved in the last3-4 yrs. they had a run say up till about 2008 or so they weren't very good with front ends, trannies, real ends. That has all changed. No, these compomants were not the same in all brands. Biggest factor is joes dad always drove Chevy, Chevy was the only truck made, Ford and Dodge never made a good truck, natural progression is Joes son, Bill has had this pounded in his head all his life so Bill says the same thing. My cousin, a loyal Chevy fan, 81 yrs old. made the comment, "Ford never made a good truck". Of course he never drove a Ford! Blind loyalty by a very stubborn man.

My father was exactly the same way! Being rebellious as i am i intentionally started owning Fords in my early 20's and drove and bought a Dodge at 62 yrs old and can say the Dodge is a better truck today. Better power, better fuel economy, better ride, better price and in my opinion, better looks. In my opinion, the new Fords are way to square and If you really look at Chevy body and grill VERY cheap.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To be blindly loyal to a brand and never consider another brand is something I will never understand. People will actually put up with a specific short-coming just because it's a (insert brand here). It's not like they are going to call you and say "You bought 5 Dodges so you earn a free one!"

Old 02-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Old man with a Hemi2
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LU229
Obviously this guy is just plain braindead, because anyone who would buy 3 problem cars right in a row, deserves it.

Taurus was the number one selling car many years in a row, so I cant see that all of them were like this guys. Maybe he was just hoping for a good one...lol

Old 02-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Old man with a Hemi2
Veteran

It's OK for someone to think that you're stupid, just don't open your mouth and prove them right

Old 02-08-2014, 11:08 PM
Old man with a Hemi2
Veteran

Originally Posted by cyclone429
Not to bash any one, or make, But this is more of a observation, and its true for myself.

In the first year or two of a new truck, everys ones happy, until a minor issues, or a major issue, Than that brands web forms hear abought it.

Most people who come from Brand A ( happy or un happy owners) and settle into brand B are happy.

IF I stepped up from my 06 into a 2014 truck, All new brands are going to offer a better driving dynamic, ( dont want the payments)

All the brands now are so much alike, one or two parts supply compaines build the new trucks, and the brands just assemble them into thier own versions..

IF brand A is crap, Brand B and C knowing that people are willing to buy a crap A truck on the loyality card, are going to build the same truck and hype it up..

Its never been abought building the best, but who can make the most proffit in the quickest time frame.

I was so loyal to Ford, thier was a time in my ownership, I owned some good produtcs, so I played the loyality card until a bad run of fords, Than I jumped to dodge and was amazed in the first year, now Dodge loyality is collecting dust, But I love my truck!!

Now I may go back to Ford, Or perhaps GM,Or the new Nissan Titan (with CTD) half ton trucks as cost allows, but truth be told I'm not sure a new truck is worth it!!

Cyclone, I just made the jump from a 2006 hemi ram Sport to a 2014 Hemi express and believe me, it is worth it. No comparison in the two trucks. The 14 is a much better truck in every aspect...IMO

Old 02-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Old man with a Hemi2
Veteran

Originally Posted by Tunaman
Cyclone, you make it too complicated. Simple explanation: dodge has greatly improved in the last3-4 yrs. they had a run say up till about 2008 or so they weren't very good with front ends, trannies, real ends. That has all changed. No, these compomants were not the same in all brands. Biggest factor is joes dad always drove Chevy, Chevy was the only truck made, Ford and Dodge never made a good truck, natural progression is Joes son, Bill has had this pounded in his head all his life so Bill says the same thing. My cousin, a loyal Chevy fan, 81 yrs old. made the comment, "Ford never made a good truck". Of course he never drove a Ford! Blind loyalty by a very stubborn man.

My father was exactly the same way! Being rebellious as i am i intentionally started owning Fords in my early 20's and drove and bought a Dodge at 62 yrs old and can say the Dodge is a better truck today. Better power, better fuel economy, better ride, better price and in my opinion, better looks. In my opinion, the new Fords are way to square and If you really look at Chevy body and grill VERY cheap.

I'm just glad you didn't buy your first dodge truck when you were 20, because you probably would have never bought another one

Old 02-26-2014, 12:59 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Duso02
It's not like they are going to call you and say "You bought 5 Dodges so you earn a free one!"

HAHA...awesome

Old 02-28-2014, 06:10 AM
Tunaman
Veteran

Originally Posted by Old man with a Hemi2
I'm just glad you didn't buy your first dodge truck when you were 20, because you probably would have never bought another one
I agree! Although I had one, must of been about 70-73. Had a million miles, 318 standard. Rode like a truck, sounded like a truck, burned alternators like those old Chryslers but was a great truck. Next one was my 2012. Like I said, since Fiat bought them out there has been a BIG change. Now all they need to do is straighten out the lousy attitude of some of they're dealers!! But then again, my old Ford dealer had bad attitude too in 2102. Glad they did, bought my Dodge and there's no turning back.

Quick Reply: Why do other forums bash Dodge so much???