4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Why do other forums bash Dodge so much???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 07:01 AM
Shortride
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It easy and there are no repercussions.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shortride
It easy and there are no repercussions.
Exactly. And of course, no one wants to admit they made a mistake and did not buy the better/stronger/faster item so the will defend their decision. Besides, if you hate what you have, you'll sell it and cross over to the other side.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:32 PM
srt8/bmw
Amateur

I am not a brand *****. I drove them all several times, read everything i could read.

There were things about each I liked. But in the end, the coil over suspensions versus the leaf springs, which make the Ram handling and ride superior to the ford by a mile, and slightly better than than the Chevy/GM, plus the dual exhaust, and looks...won me over in 09 and again in 2012.

They all felt like good engines and trannies to me, for what that's worth. From what I hear, they have been having major issues with the ecoboost.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

The bottom line is that Dodge, has taken notice of what their customers have been complaining about and have now made a great truck, that is better looking than any other, has more innovations than any other, and is as dependable as any other. When you put these things together,you come up with a bad-*** truck, that if you don't own one, you will complain about them, because you got took when you bought another brand. Simple as that

Old 04-29-2014, 09:46 PM
dodge4life01

It's because those people are jealous and immature. Dodge trucks are not only the most reliable trucks, they are the most powerful, and comfortable trucks available. The new and used ones sell for pretty fair prices. I have an '01 2500 V10. It out pulls/hauls diesel pickups, but not thecummins or even the chevy 3500 with the duramax and allison tranny (although i will always stay a dodge fan). But dodge has things that any chevy will NEVER have. Good drivers, courteous drivers, people who actually take care of their trucks, and smart truck owners.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:00 PM
Big_Texxan
Professional

We all give each other ****, but in the end we all hate the Honda Ridgline and their owners.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:09 AM
DodgeRam09
Professional

I guess I am a basher now. My family has been Mopar customers since the 50's. Me since the 90's. I've never had any problem with a Mopar. That was until my 2009 Ram. A truck MSRP'ed at $42k. The craftsmanship on this truck was terrible. The brakes on my Honda Pilot are bigger than that on my Ram. I credit that for the reason they seized up and had to get a total rebuild. Then I had the rust. After my first cleaning of the truck at 3k miles I complained to Ram. They said monitor. 50k miles and I had pack rust with peeling paint with perforations. They said get an estimate. Estimate came back at $3k. They said sorry for your luck. I had spots with missing clear coat and thin paint areas. The quality control and assurance was just poor. These trucks are also under engineered. As an engineer I wish I saw that at the time. Ram wasn't willing to stand behind that. It really put a sour taste in my mouth. All in all I think I am done with Mopar. I traded it in for my first car other than a Mopar in my life. A Honda Pilot (Made in the USA). At some point down the road I will be in the market to get another pickup. It won't be a Dodge. BTW, this also put a very bad taste in my families mouths too. I don't think they will be Mopar customers either.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:36 AM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DodgeRam09
I guess I am a basher now.
LOL...Everyone has the freedom to choose and I defend your choice regardless of what it is, but I will never ever defend your choice on a vehicle line based on one bad experience. You have become what this post is about. So if I produce one negative owner of a Honda Pilot you will get rid of yours? Hell no and I wouldn't expect you to.

There is not a single story, fact, or issue that would make me completely write off a car brand or make. 100% quality is a goal but as many know not obtainable.

By the way, the Ram has 13" dia rotors and according to Honda, so does the Pilot?

Old 05-26-2014, 07:38 AM
Tunaman
Veteran

Originally Posted by DodgeRam09
I guess I am a basher now. My family has been Mopar customers since the 50's. Me since the 90's. I've never had any problem with a Mopar. That was until my 2009 Ram. A truck MSRP'ed at $42k. The craftsmanship on this truck was terrible. The brakes on my Honda Pilot are bigger than that on my Ram. I credit that for the reason they seized up and had to get a total rebuild. Then I had the rust. After my first cleaning of the truck at 3k miles I complained to Ram. They said monitor. 50k miles and I had pack rust with peeling paint with perforations. They said get an estimate. Estimate came back at $3k. They said sorry for your luck. I had spots with missing clear coat and thin paint areas. The quality control and assurance was just poor. These trucks are also under engineered. As an engineer I wish I saw that at the time. Ram wasn't willing to stand behind that. It really put a sour taste in my mouth. All in all I think I am done with Mopar. I traded it in for my first car other than a Mopar in my life. A Honda Pilot (Made in the USA). At some point down the road I will be in the market to get another pickup. It won't be a Dodge. BTW, this also put a very bad taste in my families mouths too. I don't think they will be Mopar customers either.
AS the previous poster said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i'm happy you like your Honda. I do know since Fiat bought Dodge the quality and workmanship has improved tremendously. I was strictly a ford pu guy all my life, with Chevy being second and Dodge a distant third, very distant, like 1000 miles distant! Then in 2012 ford wouldn't deal with me, so i reluctantly tried a Ram 1500", what a surprise!! Best handling, best riding most roomy p.u. I have ever been in. Did i mention also the 5.7 delivers the most power, by far and mpg of any gas truck i've ever been in. I know in the power range it's far superior to your Honda, in fact i doubt your Honda will pull my boat and guarantee it won't stop it either. Your truck is lighter and does not have bigger brakes. i'm at 35000 miles and no problems whatsoever. I think you're not comparing apples to oranges.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:32 AM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

Originally Posted by Duso02
LOL...Everyone has the freedom to choose and I defend your choice regardless of what it is, but I will never ever defend your choice on a vehicle line based on one bad experience. You have become what this post is about. So if I produce one negative owner of a Honda Pilot you will get rid of yours? Hell no and I wouldn't expect you to.

There is not a single story, fact, or issue that would make me completely write off a car brand or make. 100% quality is a goal but as many know not obtainable.

By the way, the Ram has 13" dia rotors and according to Honda, so does the Pilot?

Amazing....I'm on my third dodge truck since 2001 and haven't experienced any of the problems he is talking about. I'm not even sure this isn't a troll

Quick Reply: Why do other forums bash Dodge so much???