4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

It just keeps getting worse for Ford F-150

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 08:35 AM
2010 TRX4
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Poor FordBob, he can't buy a friend on this site if he had to. Probably some 15 year old.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes they originally planned to borrow 18b, then upped it to 22b, then it went to 23.6b if I remember correctly...

Old 12-28-2011, 10:09 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And lets not forget that FORD also took a recent bailout pak as well, folks.
It was called, OBOZO`S "CASH FOR CLUNKER`S"....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was just another bailout handout...!!!! Paid for by the taxpayer...!!!!!!!!!!
Chrysler & chevy DID pay it back, ford never did.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:25 AM
LU229
Banned

Ford is also coming out with a new vehicle this year... its called the FORD LIBERAL
It drains your wallet nicely and gives your hard earned money away for you, free of charge.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:38 AM
LU229
Banned

Ford`s inflated sales numbers, are due to goverment contracts worldwide...PERIOD
Thats why you see ford selling (giving away) more vehicles than anyone else.
When you see the sales numbers for ford worldwide, it dosent compare to chevy & dodge. So for anyone thats says ford out sells in numbers, they`re about evenly devided in the USA. Ford bribe`s other country`s to buy their product, and alot of them include military & maltia`s. Does it make ford a better product because they have larger sales abroad and include usa sales too, no.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:09 AM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

Originally Posted by 1954Radio
You seem to be a good man rambob, but comparing 5.0 to a hemi is not an oppinion. It's an insult and like you, l tend to try and clean up some of the bs on here as well. If it were the Coyote 5.0 with the four cams and the ten foot timing chain you might have something there, lol. You may want to think of some folks on here as childish but you speak as though you're no spring chicken yourself. That said, when it comes to bs, Ford owners take the cake. It doesn't matter what engine they have, they all claim they can beat a hemi or it's just as fast, lol!

Furd owners have always been jealous of the Hemi. The F-150 5.4 never had a chance against a Hemi so the 5.0 comes along - still no change to failure. So then they threw cubes at it (6.2), nope that don't do it. So they put twin turbo’s on a 6 banger...nope that didn't do it. Furd truck owners still have to contend with viewing Hemi tailgate emblems and it makes me soooo happy to keep that view going for them. They claim speed doesn't matter and trucks aren't for racing blah blah blah but I read their forums and all the posts asking what mods can they do to keep up with a Hemi LOL. Now Rams have the better transmissions, out tow and out haul Furds and I am thinking they don't like it too much.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:47 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by HEMI_ROM
Furd owners have always been jealous of the Hemi. The F-150 5.4 never had a chance against a Hemi so the 5.0 comes along - still no change to failure. So then they threw cubes at it (6.2), nope that don't do it. So they put twin turbo’s on a 6 banger...nope that didn't do it. Furd truck owners still have to contend with viewing Hemi tailgate emblems and it makes me soooo happy to keep that view going for them. They claim speed doesn't matter and trucks aren't for racing blah blah blah but I read their forums and all the posts asking what mods can they do to keep up with a Hemi LOL. Now Rams have the better transmissions, out tow and out haul Furds and I am thinking they don't like it too much.
NICELY said HEMI_ROM...!
Ford is so far behind, that they actually think they`re first...roflmao
Forget chevy, they arent even in the ballpark, let alone even in the grandstands...lol
Only thing fools and chubbies can say is, "dammm that ram`s got a nice azz" (HAHAHAHAHAAAAA..!!!!!)

Last edited by LU229; 12-28-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:48 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't see any reason to gang up on anyone here fellas, especially a Ram owner who also happens to own a Ford. Everyone on this site is entitled to their own opinion. Let's remember that, huh.
It's perfectly fine to disagree, but let's do it RESPECTFULLY!

As far as "numbers" go, you can make ANY number appear to support ANY claim, so it's kinda hard to put trust in reported numbers. For years you always heard how 'Yota NEVER had any recalls when American vehicles had scores of them. Recalls are VOLUNTARY by the manufacturer, so one company may issue one for a problem while another company may choose not to for even a more serious problem. Yes, the government can put pressure on a company to issue a recall, but usually only chooses to do so ONLY if the problem can result in bodily injury. It was only due to increased pressure that 'Yota chose to do widespread recalls and now has more on their trucks than any of the "big three".

Personally I know owners of Titans, Tundras, Fords, GMs and Rams and just from the percentages I know more guys with serious problems owning 'Yotas, then Fords, followed by GMs, Rams then Nissans. A relatively small sampling to be sure, but that's what I'm seeing among friends, hunting club associates, fishing tourney guys, etc.
As far as small "nuisance" type problems they all have issues with things like front end vibrations, shotty fit & finish, shocks, etc. NONE of them seem too keen on taking care of the "common" problems in any type of timely fashion. I mean c'mon, the "C-Clip" issue with the Rams has gone on since the 2nd Gen days!!!

Old 12-28-2011, 01:01 PM
2010 TRX4
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I apoligize hammer, but my original post was not BS according to a certain individual. Clearly, the Ford issues are all over the internet and documented by several sources, media included. I think we have been respectfull, but when a certain individual calls us liars, then we have an issue. There is always somebody to ruin it and spread garbage in an excellent site as this one.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:54 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Well I'm the type to call it as I see it. I know I've ruffled some feather around here and I've been "spoken to" about giving sh*t about vendors products (I'm talking like vendors who pay BIG $$$s to advertise on this site) as well as the shortcomings with Chrysler vehicles that I feel the manufacturer has known about for some time and not only does little to rectify it at the assembly phase, but goes so far as openly denying it's a problem. Like I said, I've seen MULTIPLE instances of this among ALL auto manufacturers. I could give a rat's a$$ how it's perceived, I'm gonna call it as I see it - period.

I don't begrudge anyone openly disagreeing with me about anything, nor do I want anyone to avoid voicing their opinion that conflicts with mine just because I'm an administrator of this forum, as long as the counter-point is made in a courteous and proper manner...

Quick Reply: It just keeps getting worse for Ford F-150