4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:55 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Air Intake and Exhaust Guides
Print Wikipost

enclosed vs open cold air intake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 01:16 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shelby10
I run the AFE stage 2 intake and love it.. These people who say there are no gains are entirely wrong. The HP gains are in the peak and upper rpms, thats why they feel there are no gains but they are definetly there...on my last truck I did a before and after dyno run with a k&N intake kit and picked up 16 Hp/20Tq, (going to try and locate the graphs if I can find them). Fact is fact and opinion is opinion, remenber that...
However you do lose some low end torque with the aftermarkets, very few though and not a siggnificant amount to notice.
No trashing the drop in filter idea either but for me the Hp gain and sound mixed of my intake with my mufflex is def. worth it..
Oh and the guy who said he picked up 2 mpg with a drop in K&N filter is full of you know what. I would bet my left ******** he's driving like a straight puss if he noticed that kinda of gain.....
"a straight puss"....REALLY...?????
Why dont you bet both *********, too afraid of loosing..?
First of all, you have extra mods to warrant the aftermarket CAI...! To just add a CAI to a STOCK engine in these 4th gen trucks, will NOT get you anything. Do some searchs newbie, you`ll see most have went back to their STOCK air boxs on a STOCK truck...!

Old 04-06-2012, 06:19 AM
shelby10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LU229
"a straight puss"....REALLY...?????
Why dont you bet both *********, too afraid of loosing..?
First of all, you have extra mods to warrant the aftermarket CAI...! To just add a CAI to a STOCK engine in these 4th gen trucks, will NOT get you anything. Do some searchs newbie, you`ll see most have went back to their STOCK air boxs on a STOCK truck...!
I may be a newbie on this forum but I'll wipe the floor with your *** on this subject oldie. My old truck that had dyno testing had no other mods moron...maybe you should reread my last post and see I was talking about my previous truck.
If you think there are no gains to be had with an upgraded intake then well your more stupid then you sound in your post..... Yeah these kits are just being sold by multi-million dollar corporations cause they don't work , makes a lot of sense doesn't it?
So before you butt your ignorant mouth where it doesn't belong,educate yourself, learn some facts and then speak. For starters why don't you do some dyno testing for yourself OLDIE!!!!
YEAH THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT......

Old 04-06-2012, 06:22 AM
shelby10

Tag your it....

Old 04-06-2012, 08:42 AM
oldjeep
Champion

This is the line that cracks me up the most:
"Yeah these kits are just being sold by multi-million dollar corporations cause they don't work , makes a lot of sense doesn't it?" I've got so much stuff to sell you now

In any event you are comparing your "old truck" to a 4th gen. Run the dyno test on your new truck with and without and then report back.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:04 AM
kddsRam
Veteran

I don't but anyone have any 4th Gen dyno pulls to post ? This thread is just a bunch of opinion posts without it.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:01 PM
shelby10

I said what I have to say,,if anyone feels they don't work, well ignorance is bliss.
Blah Blah Blah, what they said....

Old 04-06-2012, 11:20 PM
LU229
Banned

To all the friends i`ve had the pleasure knowing and also chatted with on this forum, its been fun, but i`m done with this bullsh!t. I might come back for a visit when they remove the newbie`s that come in here just to insult and bad mouth the members here.

Take care guys...!

PS.... SHELBY10
I turned in a report on you. If the other members are lucky, they`ll ban you for the way you act in here.

Last edited by LU229; 04-06-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:21 AM
shelby10

Originally Posted by LU229
To all the friends i`ve had the pleasure knowing and also chatted with on this forum, its been fun, but i`m done with this bullsh!t. I might come back for a visit when they remove the newbie`s that come in here just to insult and bad mouth the members here.

Take care guys...!

PS.... SHELBY10
I turned in a report on you. If the other members are lucky, they`ll ban you for the way you act in here.
I just replied to your smart mouth, if you can't take it don't open it next time...
I did nothing wrong OLDIE...
and I'm glad you reported me, if they ban me for speaking my mind against OLDIE'S like you, then I don't wanna participate in this forum anyhow....so long.....

Old 04-07-2012, 08:13 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

C'mon guys, seriously? We are all adults here, lets start acting like it. Doesn't matter who's right or wwrong, clearly the subject titlte is going to create differences of opinions. Let's not start attacking people, but rather the product at question.
Both of you need to know when to cool it and Stop egging one another on.
Thanks to the both of you, this thread is closed.

Quick Reply: enclosed vs open cold air intake?