4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

added EVIC gauge cluster and steering wheel to my 2011 ST Ram

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 11:23 PM
ZIPPO973
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default added EVIC gauge cluster and steering wheel to my 2011 ST Ram

I was told this is the place to seek out for answers for this mod I am doing. I have added the EVIC cluster and leather steering wheel with EVIC buttons and can’t get the horn or the evic info buttons to work after doing the wiring mod and soldering all the wires. I spliced into the two upper evic wires and cut the 3 wires at the clock spring plug as in the pictures, the one question that I have is whether I was suppose to splice into the ground or cut at the plug and run a ground wire to metal, which is what I did. My rig is a 2011 ST and I haven't had the codes flashed yet, I wanted to completed the wiring work first. I was wondering if anyone who has done this mod and run into the same problems can remember how they completed it or found a workaround. Thanks for any help you can give me. zip

Last edited by dirtydog; 01-23-2014 at 10:03 AM. Reason: corrected this thread
Old 01-14-2014, 12:30 AM
bskl76

Originally Posted by ZIPPO973
I was told this is the place to seek out for answers for this mod I am doing. I have added the EVIC cluster and leather steering wheel with EVIC buttons and can’t get the horn or the evic info buttons to work after doing the wiring mod and soldering all the wires. I spliced into the two upper evic wires and cut the 3 wires at the clock spring plug as in the pictures, the one question that I have is whether I was suppose to splice into the ground or cut at the plug and run a ground wire to metal, which is what I did. My rig is a 2011 ST and I haven't had the codes flashed yet, I wanted to completed the wiring work first. I was wondering if anyone who has done this mod and run into the same problems can remember how they completed it or found a workaround. Thanks for any help you can give me. zip
Hey zip, I have a 2012 ram express. 2012 ram heard may be different besides the steering wheel buttons being different. I have done the exact mods as u in addition made sure evic cluster & steering wheel came from 2012 model year. This is why 2012 is different, certain upgrades cannot be done unless it came from factory like evic & wheel controls, cruise control even if u get dealer to flash proper code to vin. Ur year may be different. I think all u need is dealer flash for ur year but not sure. Ask dealer if u can? If tht not option Jon Rodriguez at afterhoursmopar.com & see what he can do for ur year. Jon has special tools even dealerships dnt have. He can get all my evic/steering controls workin for my 2012.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:04 AM
ZIPPO973
Amateur

Thanks I look him up

Old 01-22-2014, 11:37 PM
ZIPPO973
Amateur

More good news, now it seems my truck won’t start at all, it acts like it is not in PARK no click no nothing. Tried it in Neutral but get the same thing no click nothing. I tried tying in to lin bus in a different location but still didn’t work so I rewired it to the previous version, not back to original. I got lucky there also, the wire that goes into the plug I spliced into the lin bus on the EVIC broke and I had to go back in and solder it back together. That is when this latest perk showed up. everything works radio, windows door locks not the remote start though. Even swapped my old dash in and still nothing. Took the airbag off the steering wheel to check the connections there and they were good. I wonder if the truck will start with the airbag unplugged? Battery is fully charged and all the fuses so that’s not it. Keeps getting better and better. Any ideas? Paul

Last edited by ZIPPO973; 01-22-2014 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:15 PM
bskl76

Originally Posted by ZIPPO973
More good news, now it seems my truck won’t start at all, it acts like it is not in PARK no click no nothing. Tried it in Neutral but get the same thing no click nothing. I tried tying in to lin bus in a different location but still didn’t work so I rewired it to the previous version, not back to original. I got lucky there also, the wire that goes into the plug I spliced into the lin bus on the EVIC broke and I had to go back in and solder it back together. That is when this latest perk showed up. everything works radio, windows door locks not the remote start though. Even swapped my old dash in and still nothing. Took the airbag off the steering wheel to check the connections there and they were good. I wonder if the truck will start with the airbag unplugged? Battery is fully charged and all the fuses so that’s not it. Keeps getting better and better. Any ideas? Paul
You need to return all the wiring to original way from factory, than contact Jon Rodriguez at afterhoursmopar.com tell what options u want to add than send in TIPM

Old 01-23-2014, 06:33 PM
bskl76

What year truck did ur evic & steering wheel come from?

Old 01-24-2014, 09:58 AM
ZIPPO973
Amateur

Not sure on the EVIC Cluster but it only had 7100 miles on it and match closely the mileage on my truck so probably 2011-2012 the heated wheel is from 2009 Laramie

Old 01-27-2014, 12:10 AM
bskl76

Why did u do all tht wiring crap? Did u contact Jon Rodriguez? Find out what year ur evic cluster is.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:33 PM
ZIPPO973
Amateur

I have been in contact with Jon, he says it should work if the wiring is correct and this is the link I used for wiring https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen...my-st-ram.html. Several people have do this mod with success, I used a gen 4 EVIC, 09 - 11. The wiring is correct so I either have a cluster or heated steering wheel that is fubar. I know the wheel is early 09 not sure what year the EVIC is... it had 6100? miles on it when I installed it and it all works fine except after I wired and put the wheel on the buttons on the wheel don't work. Jon flashes the codes after the mod. is in and working.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:52 AM
bskl76

I believe all tht wiring modification is needed if u dnt send TIPM to Jon. U have to make sure u have compatible steering wheel & evic. Look up part # & make sure same for ur year. Than if u decide to send TIPM to Jon, tell him the upgrades, return wiring to stock & everything should work as long as parts are compatible

Quick Reply: added EVIC gauge cluster and steering wheel to my 2011 ST Ram