4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel Saver Light ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:38 AM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ried69
2500. I don't believe that they have the MDS.
You might want to also check in the 3rd gen section since you still have basically a 3rd gen. Don't know if your interior is any different, but the exterior and all should be the same.

I know in the 3rd gen someone posted up about tapping into the MDS wire and putting a light in so they know when it is activated.
i am looking into this mod. i am not going to bet that the wire is the same given the changes in the truck.

too bad a service manual is not out yet.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:27 AM
718 hemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mds

i picked up my new truck thursday night (09 ram 5.7 quad)and let me tell ya it's awesome!but anyways my MDS comes on wheather it 30mph or 65mph.i will telll you this it comes on alot going down hill.(Da)and this so called light will read FUEL SAVER when it's on. now i don't know how many mpg i'm getting because i'm still on the first tank.Oh did you guys see on dodge.com they are (dodge)will upgrade you with a 5.7 hemi at no charge for the month of march.now it will probably depend on you area.check it out.when i get more info on gas milage and how much more often my light comes on i will pass it along. **** i only have 99 miles on it .it's still a virgin.

Quick Reply: Fuel Saver Light ???