4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

09 ram 1500 alpine sub-woofer

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 10:21 AM
htvette
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a good deal on a JL 1000/1 amp on CL for 300. My setup is going to be 2 10w6 under the back seat and a JL 300/4 to power the mids and highs (I have boston pros). I will keep the factory radio and use the JL cleansweep to have a stealth look and still use the satelite radio. I think behind the back seat is a good place for the amps.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:28 AM
switchblade906
Record Breaker

on the crew cab you cant get behind the back seats, so im still trying to find a place to put an amp

Old 03-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by htvette
I just got a good deal on a JL 1000/1 amp on CL for 300. My setup is going to be 2 10w6 under the back seat and a JL 300/4 to power the mids and highs (I have boston pros). I will keep the factory radio and use the JL cleansweep to have a stealth look and still use the satelite radio. I think behind the back seat is a good place for the amps.
I'm in Round Rock myself and would love to see/hear your setup in person when you have it completed if you don't mind?

Old 03-24-2009, 12:44 PM
htvette

on the crew cab you cant get behind the back seats, so im still trying to find a place to put an amp

I looked at the rear seats and they do have room for the amps provided that the rear seats have to be removed upon install and will stay there for good. That location is even better for thieves who will have to remove the seats to remove the amps.

Because of my business travel, it will be at least another few months before my setup will be completed.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:01 PM
drober30
Veteran

Please give a detailed report and pictures. This is exactly what I would like to do!

I had the Boston Pro 60's and the JL Audio amps your using and that system will rock!

Old 03-24-2009, 03:07 PM
htvette

I will post pics when I start in another few weeks. I am still looking for a good place for the remote bass control.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:13 PM
drober30
Veteran

I will post pics when I start in another few weeks. I am still looking for a good place for the remote bass control.
I have never installed the remote base ****. I have always had my systems professionally installed and they tune it in fantastic. Increase the volume makes the base hit harder proportionally to the volume level.

I also read there is a volume control for the clean sweep but you do not have to use it if you just turn it all the way up then just use the volume on your radio. Not sure why they would include it then?

Look forward to your install! Start a new thread when its done!

Old 03-24-2009, 06:18 PM
neo117

not sure if anyone else noticed this, but the factory satellite radio sounds horrid. It sounds overly compressed and just....stale....
My only experience with xm / sirius has been in factory car audio systems, so i don't know if that comes with the territory or not, but compared to an MP3 cd or ipod i think it sounds terrible.
anone with aftermarket sirius that could offer an opinion?

Old 03-24-2009, 06:35 PM
jmhtx

I guess I'll throw my two cents in. Everyone has their own taste... and the factory sub doesn't meet my particular expectations. I'm in the process of modifying an aftermarket under-seat box to accommodate my deeper subs. I definitely think there could be more power sent to the other speakers, and since I'm wanting to keep my factory navigation & uConnect, I'll eventually just add a separate external amp for the mids and highs. First things first is to get my subs to fit in this box and get some decent lows!

BTW - I see different ppl discussing different ideas and options. For those of you who want something really radical, you probably already know that the under-seat boxes for our trucks don't provide much air space. You're limited to airspace and mounting depth as well as magnet structure size. I have already seen a plate system installed in the storage space on a 09 and it was very straight forward - according to the builder, it was the most straight forward and simple plate system he had ever built. Allows for a lot more usable airspace and will accomodate almost any sub - and you don't lose anymore space than any other aftermarket box. Just a thought for you guys wanting to take it to the next level!

Old 03-24-2009, 09:37 PM
htvette

not sure if anyone else noticed this, but the factory satellite radio sounds horrid. It sounds overly compressed and just....stale....
My only experience with xm / sirius has been in factory car audio systems, so i don't know if that comes with the territory or not, but compared to an MP3 cd or ipod i think it sounds terrible.
anone with aftermarket sirius that could offer an opinion?

The JL cleansweep was design to fix that horrid sound with it's built in digital EQ. The bass remote control is only 30 bucks shipped. I might as well install it because I listen to a variety of music sources (mainly different CD's recordings) that needs bass volume control. In the past, I had an audio control bass **** and liked it.

BTW, I will post a new thread when I start the install.

Quick Reply: 09 ram 1500 alpine sub-woofer