4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A bunch of questions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:25 PM
bigblack450
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A bunch of questions!!!

hey guys i have a 2009 dodge ram 1500 sport. i got a few questions.
- Is there anyway i can watch movies while i drive.. like pull a fuse or something?
- Is there anyway to turn traction control completly off, up north in the snow i cant go no where without spinning and even when i turn it off.
- is there any chip/tuners out yet
- anyone else feel a wierd vibration on the foot pedal at certian speeds.

anyways i just put a cold air intake on and the truck is a beast now.. next step is some exhuast and maybe a chip!

thanks guys

Old 03-16-2009, 10:07 PM
DodgeRam09
Professional

Usually when I install DVD players they want you to ground it to the parking brake. When the parking brake is activated then the ground lets you watch the movie. I don't know if that is the case on the 09's. I'd bet it would be. You would just need to ground in to the chassis so it was grounded all the time. Look deeper into it to see if that's the way they did it.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by bigblack450
- Is there anyway i can watch movies while i drive.. like pull a fuse or something?
- Is there anyway to turn traction control completly off, up north in the snow i cant go no where without spinning and even when i turn it off.

anyways i just put a cold air intake on and the truck is a beast now.. next step is some exhuast and maybe a chip!

thanks guys
1. No and yes. You can't pull a fuse and you can't ground it to the chassis. It's more sophisticated than that. It knows if you're in park or not. As soon as you move it out of park, the video goes away. You can however order a lockpick which will allow you to watch movies in motion, enter nav in motion, add a backup camera and other things. Google lockpick or search on eBay or on the forum. There is lots of info out there.

2. Yes, you can turn traction control completely off. Just hold it down for 5 seconds. It's also in your manual.

3. No chips/tuners yet. We're all waiting.

4. I don't believe anyone has mentioned the vibration problem yet on this forum.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Brummo
Captain

4. I don't believe anyone has mentioned the vibration problem yet on this forum.[/QUOTE]

I have felt some weird vibs too. It happens while it is in fuel save mode and not in the mode, just in certain speeds. I don't know if I should be concerned though. Not horrible vibration.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:59 PM
drober30
Veteran

The vibration in the pedal has a thread going, if not here, then over at *********.com

Old 03-17-2009, 01:35 AM
bigred3297
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigblack450

thanks guys
- +1 on the lockpick
- traction control turns completely off only in 2wd truck or when 4x4 is engaged on 4x4 trucks
- no chips or tuners yet
- there's a huge thread on that issue
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen...gas-pedal.html

Old 03-17-2009, 07:58 AM
drober30
Veteran

Originally Posted by drober30
The vibration in the pedal has a thread going, if not here, then over at *********.com
I guess I'm not allowed to mention other forums or did it turn into a link and that's not allowed?

Old 03-17-2009, 10:00 AM
switchblade906
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by drober30
I guess I'm not allowed to mention other forums or did it turn into a link and that's not allowed?
put the www. in front and see if it works

Old 03-17-2009, 07:27 PM
WVU Fan
Professional

Ahhhh yes...the wonderful vibration felt through the gas pedal. I can feel it in mine as can some others. I posted about that on here awhile back.

I had the PCM reflashed with the latest and greatest as Savage suggested in the thread I posted above but it has not cured it. I'm guessing those of us that feel it are SOL unless the engineers decide to do something about it.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:36 PM
bparent
Amateur

Originally Posted by bigred3297
- +1 on the lockpick
- traction control turns completely off only in 2wd truck or when 4x4 is engaged on 4x4 trucks
- no chips or tuners yet
- there's a huge thread on that issue

You can not turn off the ESP completely in 2wd trucks, 4x4 yes but only till you hit 35 mph and it rengages.

Quick Reply: A bunch of questions!!!