4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wheel Shake 4th Gen Ram

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 03:13 PM
rolltidehemi
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NatesgotaHemi
Ok I had a balance and rotate done at a Firestone store here in texas and wound up with a pretty good vibration at 70+....I took it back had a friend at the same Firestone redo the job. He made the point that if you have the chrome clad wheels it is imperative that the wheel be chucked from the inside to balace or the balance will be incorrect. there is several different ways to balance a wheel....most time doesn't matter but on the plastic cover if it is chucked from the outside the wheel will not be properly centered. After I had redone the shake went away....it might be that simple for some of the problems. I took mine to firestone to get the lifetime balance and rotate because I dont want to go to dealer unless i have to and everytime i need a rotation i get them balanced free for now on.
Update on this, my tires are getting to where I need to replace them, the last time I had them b/r the tech took 2 hours and told me those tire are hard to balance, told them yeah cause they were ones that sat on the lot and they didn't want to replace them when they originally replaced the one that was bad, these tires do good for about 5k miles then the wts start to get thrown b/c they are put on the inside and eventually fly off, well I have about 12k on the tires since last b/r and they are so bad at 70+, get better in straight line runs but as you put a little L or R input from the steering wheel the S/wheel and seats start bouncing, can't wait to get Michelins.

Quick Reply: Wheel Shake 4th Gen Ram