4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Red or white wine with crow

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 11:21 PM
qicvick
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red or white wine with crow

I guess I will be eating a lot of crow for a while, reading some of my past post you will see that I am 100% buy America when I can, I have argued that even if your Honda or Toyoto was build here in the states and the local community benifited, the big money went to foreign countrys therefore hurting the US, I still believe that as I drive my new 2009 fiat laramie crewcab, now do I change my tune or eat crow for the next 3 years? does it taste better cold or hot,fried or baked!

Old 06-11-2009, 11:30 PM
mike2810
Captain

I would get over it. Heck even Ford has international ties and has parts or assembly done in Mexico. Its hard to tell what is 100% American anymore. Just be thankful that it now looks like the Dodge Ram line will survive.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Hdcowboy
Professional

Like you I try as much as possible to buy American myself and being that starting out anyway, Chrysler is only going to be 20% owned by Fiat, 9.85% by the US Goverment, 2.46% by the Canadian Goverment and 67.69% by the UAW I would say a majority of your money will be going to the US so I dont see no big deal.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:21 AM
72combo
Champion

I personally think Fiat wants the jeep technology and whatever Daimler left behind.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:56 AM
cicdude
Rookie

I think they wanted it as an easy re-entry point into the US market.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:09 AM
Secret Agent Man
Captain

Everyone has their own priorities in deciding what they will buy and why. Although I support building vehicles here in the US, I place a higher value on where the vehicle was developed and engineered. I'd rather support companies that hire American engineers and managers. I'd like my children to someday have the option to work for an American company that makes the products we drive if they so choose. But like I said, everyone has their own priorities. That's just my $0.02....

Old 06-12-2009, 09:55 PM
SoonerBob

buy american? I too try as much as possilbe. My last three vehicles have been mopar. But get this . . .
My '02 PT Cruiser was assembled in Mexico.
My '06 300C was assembled in Canada.
My '09 Ram was assembled in Detroit.

American? well . . . North American maybe

Personally, I'd prefer a US company building cars in the US, but that's not realistic anymore. But I wouldn't dis cars built in the US even if it's foreign owned - people are working. Unless they're illegal workers (kidding!).

Old 06-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Yeah, these days you won't find anything that is 100% American-built (at least when it comes to vehicles). You can either choose vehicles that were developed and engineered in the US and support white collar US jobs or you can purchase vehicles built in the US and support blue collar US jobs.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Brummo
Captain

Originally Posted by Sobomaster
Yeah, these days you won't find anything that is 100% American-built (at least when it comes to vehicles). You can either choose vehicles that were developed and engineered in the US and support white collar US jobs or you can purchase vehicles built in the US and support blue collar US jobs.
Hell, nothing is what they say they are. My SAAB's a hardly Swedish any more..Like everything else scattered parts and assemblies.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Dr. Bill
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Fiat paid exactly ZERO for a few thousand dealer outlets, parts distribution, engineering tech centers etc.... They can now enter the US market with their infrastructure paid for by someone else (tax payers and bond holders) and given to them. We have some incredibly idiotic fools in Washington.

Quick Reply: Red or white wine with crow