4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Update on Diablo Tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 02:07 PM
savage_46
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im curious to see if the tune will set any DTC's in the PCM, whether on all the time or just clear it and they stay gone.

either way, i cant wait to hear how it does. i really want a tuner for mine. little more power, and at least get rid of some torque management.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

mine has wierd downshifts at times... wonder if that will be fixed

Old 08-28-2009, 03:10 PM
FL09RamSport
Professional

Yeah Doc I hope it works out better for me. They said the loaner was one of their trucks (hope it has been tuned,lol). Also they will run the truck a few times on the dyno and they will run it for me when I come to pick it up and give me the numbers.

They said that it will not be fun to watch as they will be constantly be going back and forth between the truck and the engineers. Not sure if they are in the building or out of the country like someone mentioned.

I asked what happens if something were to go wrong and he assured me they would cover anything and they have a new PCM onsite.

I am not too concerned since I have a relative which runs the local Chrysler dealer. Anything goes wrong I am pretty much covered.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:56 PM
72combo
Champion

Do you guys get anything in writing from these places, and how many dyno runs is really good for a vehicle...how many they gonna beat the hell outta your truck just for a tuner that you will be able to buy after someone else gets their truck sacrificed for a few hundred bucks. Do I sound jealous yet LOL

Old 08-30-2009, 09:13 AM
daprincipal
Professional

A lot of you guys keep saying "if it is anything like other diablo tunes." Can you guys be more specific as to what kind of gains you received? My only tune was a stage 2 Jet plugin on a Wrangler 4.0. It was impressive but not breathtaking. Has anyone heard if Diablo or anyother of the tuner companies will adress the torque management. My brother (08 Tundra CrewMax 5.7) are going to grudge night in October and would love to sneak one of these tunes in without him knowing. He already has exhaust but no tune. Any hints on with shift points etc would be appreciated.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Wil09RamSport
Rookie

I want to know the final results on this Diablo.... keep us posted as you find out...

Old 08-30-2009, 07:18 PM
RamPhreak
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great news..this will be one less obstacle for Vortech....

Subscribed.............!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 11:03 AM
drap660
Rookie

any news?

Old 08-31-2009, 07:19 PM
FL09RamSport
Professional

Ok 7pm update.
I left the truck at Diablo this morning. I returned around 2pm and it was strapped in to the dyno. They said they ran in to some issue with the programming. It seems the initial truck that they had at the shop last week did not have the new MDS Flash.

This threw a monkey wrench on what they had originally worked on, so they a bit behind.
They were able to run the truck on the dyno and got a little over 300hp. He showed me how they go in to the programming and start making adjusting.

First thing her did was reduce the TC by 50%. He said that will make a world of difference.

They asked me to leave the truck because they needs some more time and I really did not want to hang out there much longer.

Tomorrow I will have a very aggressive performance tune for me to try for a week.
Sorry I am not a gear head so I do not have numbers but everyone there was extremely impressed with the numbers that were showing.

They said that they have unleashed the beast. I heard a huge difference on the last dyno they did before I left.
As far as a group buy he said we would have to work that out with a retailer since they do not sell to the public.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:28 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a feeling they were going to run into that MDS update. Other than that, it is sounding good.

Quick Reply: Update on Diablo Tune