4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bored Experiments on my way to and from school...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 10:19 AM
JC1390
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bored Experiments on my way to and from school...

Alright guys not sure if this was posted yet...

I was talking to my buddy the other day, he,s got an 08 charger RT. He was telling me about this little trick to turn off his traction, stability, and other electronic bs. He told me he holds the key in the start position for about 5 seconds while rolling (no need to worry about the starter engaging on the new cars) For him all his traction, abs, stability lights come one. The engine still runs no problem. However all of the electronics are off...

Once i heard this i had to try it...unfortunately it doesnt seem to do the same thing. If i hold it and let go after 5 seconds everything goes back to normal unlike his. However after messing around i think i came up with something..

So on my 4 hour drive to and from school i decided to give it a shot... First test was top speed...brought it up to 105 when the limiter kicks in then turned and held the key. Put the pedal to the floor and took her to 120.
First Test- Passed

Then once at school i decided to try a burnout test...you guys guessed it...worked like a charm.

Didnt really try to much else yet but i will shortly.

So some of you might appreciate this and others might not but I felt i should share it.

Keep in mind you have to hold the key to the crank position.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:15 AM
tombogue09
Captain

This was discussed not too long ago in a thread and we all settled that it disabled TC. However no one tested the top speed limiter to see if it would disable. Did it hit 120 quickly or did it struggle?

I wish I had a place to do a test like that.

You need to post a vid of this 120 run! One hand on the key and the other hand controlling the wheel while aiming a camera at the speedometer

Last edited by tombogue09; 10-31-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:40 PM
MinatorHemi8
Veteran

Originally Posted by JC1390
Alright guys not sure if this was posted yet...

I was talking to my buddy the other day, he,s got an 08 charger RT. He was telling me about this little trick to turn off his traction, stability, and other electronic bs. He told me he holds the key in the start position for about 5 seconds while rolling (no need to worry about the starter engaging on the new cars) For him all his traction, abs, stability lights come one. The engine still runs no problem. However all of the electronics are off...

Once i heard this i had to try it...unfortunately it doesnt seem to do the same thing. If i hold it and let go after 5 seconds everything goes back to normal unlike his. However after messing around i think i came up with something..

So on my 4 hour drive to and from school i decided to give it a shot... First test was top speed...brought it up to 105 when the limiter kicks in then turned and held the key. Put the pedal to the floor and took her to 120.
First Test- Passed

Then once at school i decided to try a burnout test...you guys guessed it...worked like a charm.

Didnt really try to much else yet but i will shortly.

So some of you might appreciate this and others might not but I felt i should share it.

Keep in mind you have to hold the key to the crank position.

I can go faster then 120 and all my electronics still work and im not going to screw anything up.

I bought a tuner...........................

Old 10-31-2009, 01:05 PM
j0e
Professional

if you're on a public road going 120 you are a moron!
take it to the track; dont endager everyone around you because you're immature.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:07 PM
tombogue09
Captain

Originally Posted by MinatorHemi8
I can go faster then 120 and all my electronics still work and im not going to screw anything up.

I bought a tuner...........................
This is actually a pretty handy feature, I have used it a couple of times since I found out about it. The esp off button does nothing for mine so for the short time I need it off I just hold the key. No way would I buy a tuner just to turn off tc or turn off speed limiter when those features are only needed for a few seconds usually.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:28 PM
crod
All Star

120mph doesnt scare me. 120mph on the "highway popper" tires we have does!!lol. they are pure ****.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:08 PM
milkman1371
Professional

I am usually pretty quiet... but if you are on a public road, which it sounds like you were....

Your an a**

Old 10-31-2009, 05:13 PM
mcs
Amateur

120 MPH,one handed,that's a tight front end.Got to love it.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:26 PM
MinatorHemi8
Veteran

Originally Posted by mcs
120 MPH,one handed,that's a tight front end.Got to love it.
lol one hands all the indy car drivers need lol

Old 10-31-2009, 07:06 PM
JC1390
Professional

wow lots of hate here...all you guys that are calling me an *** should maybe ask before you speak...but to each there own. just trying to share some info. if you wanna call me an *** go ahead but you dont know the half of it...

and for anyone that cares it also disables ABS...

Quick Reply: Bored Experiments on my way to and from school...