4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hello Dodge Cares.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012 | 10:14 AM
NoMoreGMsForMe
|
Professional
Default Hello Dodge Cares.

Dodge Cares is there any new info or updates on the pending rear end recall?
Thanks.

Old 11-07-2012 | 03:37 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by No More GM's For Me.
Dodge Cares is there any new info or updates on the pending rear end recall?
Thanks.
No,

I have not received the actual recall notice yet and do not have information at this time regarding time frame. As soon as I get any of this information I will post it on the forum. Sorry for the lack of information but I hope to have something I can post soon.

Old 11-09-2012 | 12:44 PM
AZdave
Professional

I've stopped driving my '09 till this gets sorted out. Mine was built before the recall period started and I don't want to damage my gears (or endanger myself/others) - cuz lord knows they'll replace the nut and add the retainer (when it blows up), but unless the pinion and ring are completely toast, they won't expense those or replace my LSD that'll be full of shavings/grounds - at worste case, I'm to imagine - feel free to flame on my post.

So I'm driving my CR-V till this gets sorted out. I realize most don't have the option of not being dependent on their Rams for transportation...

Last edited by AZdave; 11-09-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-09-2012 | 12:49 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Old 11-10-2012 | 02:18 PM
mike2810
Captain

Originally Posted by AZdave
I've stopped driving my '09 till this gets sorted out. Mine was built before the recall period started and I don't want to damage my gears (or endanger myself/others) - cuz lord knows they'll replace the nut and add the retainer (when it blows up), but unless the pinion and ring are completely toast, they won't expense those or replace my LSD that'll be full of shavings/grounds - at worste case, I'm to imagine - feel free to flame on my post.

So I'm driving my CR-V till this gets sorted out. I realize most don't have the option of not being dependent on their Rams for transportation...
Mine is also an early build so it is not included in the reported recall.
So far so good on mine. No noise, no breakage. My thoughts, that is what the 09 lifetime warranty if for.

Old 11-12-2012 | 05:40 PM
stlram
Rookie
Default So what about the CRV Recalls?

Originally Posted by AZdave

Maybe you should stop driving the CR-V because the door can catch on fire. If yours is not part of that recall, guess what neither is your Dodge. My point is there is a certain amount of risk in everything you do in life, dont go out in the rain you could get struck by lightning, dont cross the street you could get hit by a car. So you are not going to drive your truck because something MIGHT happen to it? Thats ridiculous, if you are that worried about it take it in and have the fluid changed and have them check it when they are in there.

Old 11-12-2012 | 09:36 PM
2010 TRX4
Professional

Mine is one of the recalled and I have not recieved anything, but my dealer is aware of it.

Old 11-13-2012 | 09:33 AM
NoMoreGMsForMe
|
Professional

I don't think those with LSD rear ends are part of the recall ,thought it only affected open units , maybe someone has better info on the subject.

Old 11-13-2012 | 09:54 AM
RamTRX
Rookie

I searched on the NHTSA site and found this.

Old 11-13-2012 | 11:06 AM
2010 TRX4
Professional

That is the same document my dealer showed me and they gave me a copy. The LSD is part of it, if you read some of the threads they seized up.

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Quick Reply: Hello Dodge Cares.