4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power Locks, ESP, HVAC Controls not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 01:25 PM
overtorqued
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@tj1737

It's been a couple of years since I had the last TIPM in my truck replaced. As I'm understanding things (no way for me to say for sure this is accurate) there was a vendor who was rebuilding the modules and not doing a very good job so they switched to another vendor. I can't say if this is the truth or a coincidence so I'll just leave it at "so far so good".

Good luck with it.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:22 PM
Tad Griffin

I too have a 2009 1500 hemi 4x4 4 door and it acted up a couple years ago, bas, abs, airbag, no rear windows, no blower, horn, etc.... I put some pressure on the back side of the tipm, and it went away, so I stuck a piece of rubber in beside the box, and was good for 2 years.... today, it decided to give out. I did get it to work a couple times while out by putting more pressure on it, but finally even that isn't working. I now have the tipm out here on my shop floor, not really knowing what I'm looking at, and the truck is down until I figure it out.
Is there any good news on this issue??
Thanks for ANY help.

Last edited by Tad Griffin; 06-23-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:27 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

I would suspect you need to replace the TIPM.

Old 06-24-2017, 01:30 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tad Griffin
I put some pressure on the back side of the tipm, and it went away
If pressure was "fixing it", then maybe you have cracked solder joints somewhere. Get a magnifying lens and take a careful look around. You may get lucky and find one. To fix cracked solder joints, just re flow the solder.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:26 PM
overtorqued

I knew I shouldn't have said anything... was driving home from work and about a mile away from home the wipers started, all of the lights on the dash lit up, blower stopped and just as fast it all came back. Just put in TIPM number 4. Number 3 lasted around 2.5 years. The good news is it's a brand new part, not refurbished. I was told they are manufacturing new parts again so I jumped on one rather than fooling around. I'm just looking for a dependable fix. No programming required. There were 2 fuses not populated in the new part (have bright colored circles around them) causing the seat belt and air bag lights to stay lit. Moved the fuses from the old one and all is well.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:28 PM
Default Same Issue!

Having the exact same issues as stated above! Started happening yesterday, I got off work and went out to start up my truck (2010 Ram 1500 SLT) ESP BAS/traction control/SVC4WD/air bag light all came on out of the blue. No heat, no wipers, no power locks, and no control over rear windows from controls on driver door panel. Stayed on the whole way home, until I got to my driveway and all warning lights suddenly go off and everything started working as normal. Woke up this morning to start my truck hoping it was just a random glitch the day before, yet, it happened again. So, I went ahead and drove to work, halfway there, warning lights went off and everything started working as normal again. Got off work again today, and same exact issue. Really starting to frustrate me, seeing I’ve only had the truck 4 weeks. I’m hoping it isn’t the TIPM, I’ve read other forums stating that they had issues with wheel speed sensors and such. Even though I bought an extended warranty with my truck, I really don’t want to fork out a lot of money!

Old 12-06-2018, 09:15 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

If you have only had it a month, time to go back and have a chat with the folks you bought it from.

Quick Reply: Power Locks, ESP, HVAC Controls not working