Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Five to seven models to be cut

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Natedogg625
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Five to seven models to be cut

The numbers I postes are sales numbers not build numbers. you can build all the commanders you want, doesnt mean they are selling well.

It just doesnt seem to be right that they would replace a compact wagon, with a midsize crossover. I would have thought that a caliber size vehicle should replace the caliber, and the journy clone should replace the Pacifica..

Old 10-20-2007, 06:01 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

What they need to be more competitve is a small car--smaller than the Avenger/Sebring. That's where all the sales are now, because of the fuel prices. They also need to create/buy a super efficient 4 cylinder to compete.

I agree the Aspen and Compass should die, as should the Commander (even though I like it, the Durango and GC are similar, and why have four similar SUVs in this market?).

Thankfully the PT is getting redesigned as a crossover. Hopefully the good sales of the PT will continue with the new design. The Magnum and Charger and 300 all need redesigned to stay popular. That's where Chysler is missing the boat--they don't redesign things in a timely manner, like the competition, and that's one of the things killing sales. For example, how many new Camry's or Accord's have come out in the time the Magnum/Charger/300 have been out?

I agree with whomever mentioned the interiors of Chysler vehicles. They need work.

Anyway, just some food for thought.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain

I didn't see the PT on any list but here. They sold over a million of them so far and when Chrysler first came out with them ,they were only supposed to make 120,000 then stop production. I guess Chrysler still can't count. Remember the VW beetle ,Look what it did for VW And there still around. .All the PT needs is some people who care enough to get off there A$$e$ and go out side and sell cars.

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: Majin_Neon_00

What would you cut if you were the Three Headed Dog that Guards Hell?

This is what i would cut. I know there is more than 7 but hey work in progress.

Chrysler.

Cut.
1.Crossfire (peace out)
2. Seabring Sedan (not so much a cut as a redesign and rear wheel drive or AWD standard.)
3. Seabring Convertable. (need i say more)
4. Sebring Coupe (again a redesign and a name change, and while you're at it make this new car a convertable as well.)
5. Pacifica (Dude really)
6. PT Cruiser. (I know it sells alright, but time for something new ya?)
7. And the Aspen.

Chrysler

Add.
1. Barracuda (No more plymouth so make it a chrysler. Give it upscale interior, and a slightly different exterior and there ya go.)
2. Nassua (that weird boat tail thing at last years auto show in motwon. Except make it a sedan, an upscale Big Sedan.)
3. A crossover not based on the JC9
4. PT replacement. (only not ugly and just for Women)

Dodge.

Cut.
1.Charger (V6's only calm down! Make it a 4 door coupe, think the charger concept with a different front end.)
2. Magnum (shut up! Take this and make it a Crossover would you like a HEMI powered Crossover? Yes!)
3. Dakota (sorry)
4. Durango (sorry again)
5. Avenger (redo)

Add.

1. a. Midsize truck replacement for the Dakota, offer in two versions a street and a Trail version, the street version would carry a SRT Badge possibly, RWD, HEMI, 6spd Dual Clutch Tranny. Edgy styling, in your face big dodge Crosshair grill. You know the drill. Call it the sidewinder for the street version.
1. b. The Trail version would be a "Normal" Midsize truck. Lets give it one V6 with MDS, a deisel V8, a HEMI, 4WD standard, with low range center diff all that good off road stuff. lets give it a six speed manual with the option of a six speed auto.

2.a Demon R/T 2.4L world engine, tuned to give 190 hp in the NA version, with stiffer suspension, crisper steering and some brushed aluminium in the interior.
2b. Demon SXT 2.4L world engine, base with 175 HP with a less sporty suspension, steering ect. ect. standard interior, though hopefully not a standard to date dodge interior.
2c. Demon SRT-4 Here ya go. 2.4L Turbo World Engine putting down 300 HP to the rear wheels. Even more responsive handling than the R/T, and even better interior. Carbon Fiber accents in the interior. Carbon Fiber Hood and Deck lid. These are not that expensive to make, stop making excuses as to why its not in more cars already.

3. SUV Replacement. Not a full size, A hybrid, and lets face it no one takes these things off road anyways.

Jeep.
Cut.

1. all your cute utes and the commander.

Add.
Nothing, but some diesel engines and make the liberty the Cherokee and make it look better.
[/blockquote]

Old 10-20-2007, 11:41 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Natedogg625

The numbers I postes are sales numbers not build numbers. you can build all the commanders you want, doesnt mean they are selling well.

It just doesnt seem to be right that they would replace a compact wagon, with a midsize crossover. I would have thought that a caliber size vehicle should replace the caliber, and the journy clone should replace the Pacifica..
Nate read the whole post I made. I also said that the internal numbers show that we sold more commanders. Almost at a 2 to 1 ratio. Also the journey is not that much bigger than a pt. Also we are the same people that replaced the small neon with a larger hatchback/suv. Also remember I work for the said 3 headed monster.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Majin_Neon_00
Professional

My Christmas List. I would like one in every color

1. A sub compact pocket rocket. (for the tuners)
2. A mid size AWD evo killer
3. A S2000/Mx-5 killer
4. An Ultra Light Lotus Exige S killer.
5. The VIper.
6. a M3 killer
7. an M5 killer
8. an M6 Killer
9. the ME412

Old 10-21-2007, 12:42 PM
mileshuff
Professional

The Durango is not based on the Dakota. That was the 1st generation Durango. In 2004 it was completely redesigned. The 2004+ Durango's are a much more capable SUV than the 2003 and earlier models. No comparison.

What I don't understand is the purpose of the Jeep Commander. Theres already the Cherokee. The Commander doesn't fill any market void.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SHAPman
Also we are the same people that replaced the small neon with a larger hatchback/suv.
I'm still kind of sad about that. Granted I drive a Dakota now but I'd like to pick up another small car at some point as a 2nd vehicle. Frankly I don't see most of the sport compact guys wanting anything at all to do with the Caliber, the SRT Neon on the other hand... I do think Dodge could use a hot hatch but it's got to look good too.

Durango needs a facelift so it doesn't look like a minivan trying to be an SUV.

Do you know why they're dropping the Magnum? I always see a decent bit of them, thought they were popular. They're the best looking wagon out there too.

I hope they don't drop the Dakota, it's one of the most capable mid-sizes. The tacoma is still very small inside for taller people. The Colorado/Canyon I wouldn't be caught dead in (5cyl? come on). Haven't tried the Nissan so I can't compare that one. Ranger hasn't had an update in forever, wonder when Ford will can it?

Old 10-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Dakota_24

For those of you that say that Chrysler can't compete with Cadillac; YOU ARE NUTS?! They do need some luxo-sport cars to compete with Caddy with and they are as capable as Caddy to sell $40k cars. They are in the same type of luxury market. Remember; Chrysler used to compete with Caddy and Lincoln; why can't they again? It makes me sick to come onto this Dodge/Chrysler message board to see so many of you bash, and doubtthe brand we truely have a passion about.

I disagree with many of you. Keep the Caliber, but get rid of the Compass, but have Jeep design a true4x4 sedan (kinda retro Eagle like) in the Compass' place. Keep the Grand Cherokee, and get rid of the Compass.The GrandCherokee and the Wrangler are Jeeps flagship vehicles, and to take out theGC would be a huge mistake.Keep the Magnum, because if you haven't noticed; other companies are trying to design their own sport wagon. Keep the Charger...What's wrong with two sports cars? How better to beat the competition than with two?!? Give the Dakota a Hemi, and re-design the Durango to look more like the Dakota.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:08 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Like I said we tried to go after caddy, but people are not willing to pay 40k for a chrysler. Look at the first pacificas, and the aspen. The aspen has been a dud since day one. Plus chrysler is too cheap to compete with caddy.

The magnum is going to be killed because besides the crossfire it is our lowest volume car. We sell less than a 1000 a month.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:40 AM
Majin_Neon_00
Professional

Like I said we tried to go after caddy, but people are not willing to pay 40k for a chrysler. Look at the first pacificas, and the aspen. The aspen has been a dud since day one. Plus chrysler is too cheap to compete with caddy.

The magnum is going to be killed because besides the crossfire it is our lowest volume car. We sell less than a 1000 a month.
Chrysler can go after Caddy and its not that hard. Look at Caddy in the 90's they where craptastic, their only good product since the sixties was the CTS and even that was just because it looks cool-ish. The engine is crap, their only good one is the V but even that looks like trashed *** when you really look at the inside of it.

Quick Reply: Five to seven models to be cut