Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Workers wages the straw that broke the automakers' backs

Old 12-19-2008, 11:27 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The Ford plants here are pretty automated too. When a friend of mine got hired on there, he started about $20 an hour to install 2 bellhousing bolts. The impact gun hung from above and was spring loaded so he didn't even have to hardly lift it.
That's not hard work at all.
Everybody is going to have to give a little to keep these 3 in business. Unions are just an unneeded expense anymore. Not all unions, but definately the UAW.
I've been a factory worker for over 18 years and never needed a union.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Scorpio_08_HEMI
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GREED ! The union will force bankruptcy. Their greed basically forced ArmcoSteel to close its doors in the 80's. Speaking of the bailout, how do you like the fact that your money bailed out Wallstreet and people are being turned down for loans with above average credit scores. Cant sell cars without financing. Bank of America buys up **** thats worth nothing with this money and announces they are getting rid of 33000 jobs. Somebody shoot that bastard wanting his bonus after his institution failed. Who the **** does he think he is. This country has gone to ****. OBAMA is not the answer ! IT WILL GET WORSE ! They can all sick my duck.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:18 PM
junkyardhound
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ve been reading some of the comments about the bailout,tired of how they say the southern states are helping the imports,I live in MI every state gives the big 3 tax incentives,ect to get them to build in their states so put that to rest already! I think the big 3 dont really deserve the bailout, they have been flat for years what are they going to do to sell cars?I had my own car hauling biz last year fuel costs,low rates, volume forced me to park my equipment, I had nothing to do w/ fuel costs going up think I should fly to washington ask for a bailout so i can retool, why doesnt any one check to see how many trucking co have failed in last 4 yrs because of fuel costs, I personally picked up trucks from 1 co. had 15000 drivers closed the doors, where is the outrage about those people??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Workers wages the straw that broke the automakers' backs