Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

whats wrong with america

Old 12-17-2008, 03:07 AM
Grey-Ghost
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats wrong with america

.wysiwyg { BACKGROUND: url(http://www.************.com/images/replybg.gif) #f5f5ff fixed no-repeat center center; FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: #000000 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle } well this is me rambling but we would not have been in this mess with the us auto makers if the us government would classified diesels and gas differently because the big 3 could have kept making trucks and making money because if the emissons were not impossible to pass we could have had 1/2 ton suv and trucks easily getting 30 mpg and better with diesels so we could have had are cake and eat it to. 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks that weigh in at 6000lbs to 8000lbs can get anywhere from 20 to 25 mpg while having 500hp and 1000lbs-ft torque. this is why europe has 50% of there cars diesl and adding things like water methanol ,propane,and most of all compressed natural gas this chevy hd got 38mpg with a truck making 1,232lbs of torque http://www.dieselpowermag.com/events...nomy_test.html
diesels are less harmful then gas except thy make more nitrogen which is y they added all the cost u may not know this but in 2007 new emission standards came into effect which was like the standards for gas engines in the 70's were they added $2000 to $3000 dollars on top of diesel that u already pay $3000 to $5000 thousand more u pay on top of a gas engine because they have to be stronger but u make up in the longer durablely and better fuel ecomony a similar size gas against a diesel the diesel would win they make as much powers as a gas engine double the size while getting better mpg. diesels r also way better then these so called hyrbids yes diesel are normal made from iron so its heavy then a aluminum gas engine but compared to a hybid they have the gas engine,electric motors,and the 1000lbs battery all which weighs more and takes up space while adding more complexity to the vehicle. also a diesel will pay for it self in less time then a hybid well fact. another plus is u can make biodiesel out of vegetable ,soy,corn oil and make it for under a dollar in your garage yes some of these kits like the fuelmister cost $3000 but u will pay this off in months when diesel is at 4 and 5 bucks a gallon and its better for your engine and smells like french fries or tacos out the tell pipe it reduces smoke co2,no nitrogen which is y they added all the new emission equipment to them in the first place thanks for reading my rant

Old 12-17-2008, 11:34 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

interesting looking post...you alright there?

Old 12-17-2008, 02:15 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

I think I got a headache from that.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:25 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

3AM and maybe a little toasted??? A fellow Louisvillian at that Where at in Louisville? PRP area here.

Well, the Cummins in the Dodge passes the 2010 regulations already and is still pretty powerful.
I agree that they are being strangled by the smog police to the point where the mileage is going to be worse than a gasoline engine and so expensive that nobody will be able to afford one.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Grey-Ghost
Professional

i dont smoke anything wanting to be a cop and being up that late cause i work 3rd shift at UPS pays for school i'm from valley station by the way lxman1

Old 12-18-2008, 06:51 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Cool, I'm off of Greenwood Road. I've probably seen your truck around. My wife works down there at the Walmart.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:00 AM
Grey-Ghost
Professional

yeah i'm across derby city fun park and deering yeah i've probably drooled at your truck lol

Old 12-21-2008, 05:31 PM
junkyardhound

I hear what youre saying i worked for a major diesel manufacturer, back in 99 we had developed a v6 diesel which we put in a durango got 30 mpg none of the big 3 wanted to use it. If we could get the epa out of the picture we would be better off ,in 2010 they want exhaust to be cleaner than intake air,!

Old 12-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Nofrag
Champion

So it's because of the EPA that manufacturers can't tune properly enough to improve emissions, power, and efficiency?

Old 12-21-2008, 06:34 PM
junkyardhound

No ,but if I had a dime for every dollar we spent to develope our engines to meet the epa standards Id retire to the bahamas! The problem is we all pay , higher car, truck costs, also gas, fuel reformulating cost.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: whats wrong with america