Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Breaking News

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 12:24 PM
John Valdes
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breaking News

President Obama addressed the nation today at 12:15 pm and told the country that Chrysler had made the deal with Fiat and expected the company to persevere.
He also addressed Chrysler's behind the times attitude regarding vehicles, fuel consumption and QUALITY. He indicated that he hopes that Chrysler will address these issues. He also reassured all Chrysler owners and prospective buyers, not to be concerned about warranties as the Government will back them.
It was good news to me and I thought I would share this news with you.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:07 PM
rodney482

being that I own an 09 ram and an 09 charger, I was happy to hear it.

Unsure why this could not stay in Gen 4 cause that is the only portion of this forum that I read...

????

Old 04-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rodney482
being that I own an 09 ram and an 09 charger, I was happy to hear it.

Unsure why this could not stay in Gen 4 cause that is the only portion of this forum that I read...

????
Read the rules. The truck and car forums are for tech questions/ talk.
The other forums are also clearly identified.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:22 PM
TDTIPMO
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not only that, this doesn't effect just the 4th gen. It effects all vehicles.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Trigger
Professional

Originally Posted by John Valdes
President Obama addressed the nation today at 12:15 pm and told the country that Chrysler had made the deal with Fiat and expected the company to persevere.
He also addressed Chrysler's behind the times attitude regarding vehicles, fuel consumption and QUALITY. He indicated that he hopes that Chrysler will address these issues. He also reassured all Chrysler owners and prospective buyers, not to be concerned about warranties as the Government will back them.
It was good news to me and I thought I would share this news with you.

That really hit the nail on the head! If Chrysler can't get their S__T together after all this, then they just need to go away. Stop muddying up the auto market.

Lousy quality and ******* dealers don't get repeat customers!

Old 04-30-2009, 06:12 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There are plenty of dealers who treat their customers right, I know of one, mine! But your point is well taken. Not all do, and Chrysler should get rid of them. Incidently they will be closing the smaller dealers and doing some more brand consolidations.

I stopped by my dealer tonight. As some know I have a truck on order, and of course I thought crap, I am not getting it.

As of right now I was told anything that is not in production, but has been accepted as a good order will NOT be built as a 2009. They will sit and when Chrysler comes out of the legal mumbo jumbo they will start the lines back up with 2010 models. At a minimum expect 60 days before the lines would start back up.

If your vehicle is in production it will likely complete and ship. This I could not get a 100% answer on as the dealer will not know for sure until tomorrow around 3 after another conference call. I talked to the big cheese there, this is up to the minute stuff.

So where is my truck? As of the update yesterday it is in framing, so I have a shot. If it turns out they will not complete my truck I still want it. But they have to cut me one heck of a deal for me to wait that long. My salesman said we will do another search if that is the case tomorrow, the first one 3 weeks ago turned up empty. If it turns out I have the last one off the line I may not be able to drive it, may need to go into a storage bin in case they do not come back by some strange occurance

Old 04-30-2009, 06:51 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

According to the official letter, all existing warranties on Years will continue uninterrupted!!

Good news for me

Old 04-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Cheeech
Banned

Originally Posted by lxman1
According to the official letter, all existing warranties on Years will continue uninterrupted!!

Good news for me
What official letter?

Old 04-30-2009, 09:42 PM
greenblur
Default link to "official letter"/press release

warranty statement is in the 4th paragraph down.

http://www.chrysler.com/en/experienc...vices_announce

Old 04-30-2009, 10:59 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

I have posed the question here before and I pose it again: If Chrysler products are SO bad, why have I had 0 non-wear related problems with my 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 QC, 2003 Dodge Neon (loose wire on the temp sensor) 82k miles or 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser convertible? Please tell which vehicle I should be having trouble with. If you treat your vehicle like sh@t, then it's gonna break-down, regardless of make. 94 rt, I know that there are some honest CDJ dealers out there, but in Idaho and now Arizona, I haven't found one. I am a certified mechanic and I have worked as a line mechanic at major auto dealers and I am sorry to have to say, ALL Chrysler shops I've gone to have been slimy and made it sound like my almost new vehicles were falling apart from non-warranty issues and I was going to have to spend huge somes of money to fix it. I called BS because I knew they were lying and the game they were playing(warranty repairs pay dealers about 1/4 what they squeeze from customer pay jobs). Who have I dealt with? Curt and Hal CDJ Caldwell, Idaho; Sundance Dodge Boise, Idaho; Bob Rice CDJ Boise, Idaho; Luke CDJ Phoenix, Az; Tucson CDJ Tucson, Az; the worst of the worst: Donovan Dodge Sierra Vista, Az. Chrysler cars are great, compared to anyone, but people have been scr@wed so badly by the dealer network, it is killing Chrysler. I bought an extended service contract for $800 for my new PT Cruiser, just so I wouldn't have to go to ANY Chrysler dealer for work. They are THAT bad!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Breaking News