Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

No Viper for 2007!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 04:24 PM
shiltz
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No Viper for 2007!

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

Here's my issue with the Firepower....for one...it's a complete Viper ripoff as far as design....not to mention they took and slapped that crappy Crossfire styling and threw it on the car as well.....

but the biggest issue is WHY IS CHRYSLER GETTING A RWD V8 ENGINE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!! Where's Dodge's at?

I've said this now for like 2 months.....Chrysler is effectively eliminating every damn good car Dodge has and is taking a clone/complete ripoff of the car and renaming it to something for them to use....it's pissing me off!!!!!!

Why does Chrysler need a RWD V8 car? It doesnt, and why you would give it to Chrysler BEFORE Dodge just insults the loyal MOPAR people out there....

This also argues my point about people wanting a V8 RWD coupe.......so now you can't say no one wants one.....
huh? the firepower looks nothing like the viper, it shares the same frame and suspension, but other than that they are totaly different.

dodge has 2 RWD V8 cars, the Magnum and the Charger, and Chrysler has one currently, the 300.

Chrysler is the same company is dodge, of course they are going to use the same basic cars on both lines, every car company out there does it, they just have different options and styling, they would be stupid to design a totaly different car for each, they would go bankrupt.

Chrysler needs a RWD V8 car because people want them, V8 luxury cars sell fairly well, and Chrysler didn't get itbefore dodge, dodge got the higher performance version, aka the viper with a V10 instead of an V8, the Chrysler is the toned down performance Viper that's a more luxury sport coupe, and how the heck is it an insult to loyal Mopar people, Mopar is Dodge, Chrysler, and if you back a few Plymouth as well, Mopar is not Dodge only.

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

but what is the firepower going to cost? its not like its going to be in a class with the mustang, is it?
no, it's not going to be in the mustang range, from what i've read it would be in the $60-70k range is they make it.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:49 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

great, so another very high end car...that is as useless as the viper to the "common person"...

Old 10-26-2005, 05:29 PM
2coff
Record Breaker

great, so another very high end car...that is as useless as the viper to the "common person"...

Most high end cars are useless to the "common person", so whats your point.

Old 10-26-2005, 05:36 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Actually shiltz, you would be incorrect, as Chrysler also has 2 RWD V8 cars.....both the 300C sedan and the wagon. Granted, I dont think you can quite yet purchase the 300C wagon here in the USA.

I should have clarified my statement..... RWD V8 Coupe.....thats what everyone wants....and I dont care what you name it but dangit, give it to us!!!! AND UNDER $35k for a change dear lord.....

Chrysler also has a serious performance coupe in the SRT-6 Crossfire and regular Crossfire. Dodge has nothing that can compete with it in a 2dr V6 model.....so even there Chrysler has basically torched the 2dr's for Dodge again...

Dodge isnt putting out any 2dr model within the next 3 yrs that would be worthwhile to some of us to drive....

The reality is that DCX once again screwed the pooch because you are making a car that's basically the equivalent of a Z06 vette or a Mustang SVT/Cobra or even a Shelby coupe.....this is NOT a car that will have people droppin 70k to get it.... I bet it sells even worse then the stupid Crossfire...

People want 2dr coupes, not everyone wants or needs a freakin 4dr or has 100k to drop on a 2dr car....... I'd be better off buying a freakin Porsche for 45-60k at that rate....

Old 10-26-2005, 05:40 PM
srtommy
Veteran

srtommy: that's shelby GR-1......and it was built before this FirePower came out....

Here's my issue with the Firepower....for one...it's a complete Viper ripoff as far as design....not to mention they took and slapped that crappy Crossfire styling and threw it on the car as well.....

but the biggest issue is WHY IS CHRYSLER GETTING A RWD V8 ENGINE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!! Where's Dodge's at?

I've said this now for like 2 months.....Chrysler is effectively eliminating every damn good car Dodge has and is taking a clone/complete ripoff of the car and renaming it to something for them to use....it's pissing me off!!!!!!

Why does Chrysler need a RWD V8 car? It doesnt, and why you would give it to Chrysler BEFORE Dodge just insults the loyal MOPAR people out there....

This also argues my point about people wanting a V8 RWD coupe.......so now you can't say no one wants one.....
I know that is the GR-1, I saw it last year at a SVT dealer event. I was just making the inference to the timing of an announcement like this and the similarities between the two cars.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:03 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Yeah, definitely a major similarity...I figured you meant that...

Old 10-26-2005, 08:27 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmm...2coff chimed in to attempt to start an arguement with me...

my point was that what people, (like the ones on this forum) want in a RWD V8 coupe is something like the mustang, not another viper.

Old 10-26-2005, 11:00 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

hmm...2coff chimed in to attempt to start an arguement with me...

my point was that what people, (like the ones on this forum) want in a RWD V8 coupe is something like the mustang, not another viper.
exactly. alot of people would love to see a dodge 2dr rwd v-8 coupe that most people can actually afford. why drop around 70k on this firepower, when i could have a z06?

Old 10-27-2005, 12:25 PM
shiltz
Captain

Actually shiltz, you would be incorrect, as Chrysler also has 2 RWD V8 cars.....both the 300C sedan and the wagon. Granted, I dont think you can quite yet purchase the 300C wagon here in the USA.
yeah, didn't count the 300 wagon because it isn't sold here nor will it ever be acording to Chrysler, it only exists in europe because the Dodge brand doesn't exist over there, they just took the Magnum and stuck a 300's badging, front clip, and dash into it pretty much.

Old 10-27-2005, 12:46 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Actually, they are sold in Canada as well, and several people have seen them here in the USA. However, you would be correct that DCX has no immediate plans to sell them in the USA.

Quick Reply: No Viper for 2007!