Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

water leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 12:03 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DeifyMe
Yes I do have a moonroof/sunroof (whatever you want to call it). Could it be coming in there and finding its way down? I was gonna try to find the drain and maybe blow some air through to unclog things. Thanks for the tip on the front fender, I'll have a look this weekend. I would have just focused on the back not thinking its was flowing down stream.
Sometimes moonroof glass sag down over time, and too much water will flood the drain. check if glass sits Flat with the roof, if not, re-adjust it. There is 4 torx bolt inside of the glass, you will see it if you put your glass on Vent.
Just open the moonroof and pour water down the drain hole, see how fast it goes. But usually Moonroof leak will leave you a wet Headliner instead.

You still should remove door sill, B-Pillar trim, and Kick panel by the passenger right foot, and roll up the carpet, and ask a friend to spray on the moonroof. Water Only comes from the side. All of these Trim panels Pops out like Lego.

You really just have to see where water is coming in from. Most of the time I have to spray in one area for more than 10min b4 I see any leak.
Unless you ahve a Wrangler, since they leak water ever since they roll off the assembly line.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:00 PM
2010 Caliber Owner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge sucks!

I love Dodge and will always own their cars but my title is referenced to the fact that obviously Dodge as a company has no brain and no customer connection whatsoever! The reason I say this is my 2010 Caliber is having the same leaking that the 2007 Caliber was prone to so where was the fix DODGE?! Does nobody at Dodge listen to customers?? I am pretty sure even Yugo would have fixed such an obvious problem. They have had plenty of time. Maybe they will get it right in 2012. Be curious to know if anyone with a 2012 Caliber has leaks.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:35 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Has it always leaked or something recent. It dirt/debris gents into the drain lines, the will eventually stop up.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:11 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010 Caliber Owner
I love Dodge and will always own their cars but my title is referenced to the fact that obviously Dodge as a company has no brain and no customer connection whatsoever! The reason I say this is my 2010 Caliber is having the same leaking that the 2007 Caliber was prone to so where was the fix DODGE?! Does nobody at Dodge listen to customers?? I am pretty sure even Yugo would have fixed such an obvious problem. They have had plenty of time. Maybe they will get it right in 2012. Be curious to know if anyone with a 2012 Caliber has leaks.
Where is it leaking at? where do you find water? Headliner on the roof? or just the floor board?

yes, the 2012 may have leaky moonroof. I just fixed some Patriot, Compass recently for a poorly sealed rear drain channel.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:11 PM
2010 Caliber Owner

Thanks for the response. I have only owned the car 2 months as I bought it used from a Nissan dealer (guess I should have bought a Nissan LOL!)
The leak must be under the dash somewhere as the water is first noticed in the carpet under the gas pedal and eventually works it's way under the entire carpet to the point where there is literally over an inch of water covering my entire floor. Thankfully the Nissan dealer is being very customer supportive and agreed to fix it for free although this won't replace the carpet so hopefully no mold will come of this! I also hope they can fix it on the first try as I refuse to go through what some of the poor people on here have had to. I like the Caliber style, but can't believe that in 3 years Dodge hasn't addressed this issue during their build process.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:55 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

That almost sounds like a leaking windshield.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:12 PM
2010 Caliber Owner

I sure hope so I guess as that would seem so much simpler than the nightmares of those before me in this post! Besides being fixed I sure hope my carpet won't mildew. I am not sure if just plain water would cause it to or not but I can't bear to imagine a brand new car (or at least only 2 years old and new to me) going through the life of its loan knowing it has mildew or having to spend money on carpet for a car I just bought "certified" at a dealer. Fingers crossed.
p.s. if anyone can give me insight on the mildew question I would love some reassurance that my worst fears aren't true

Old 03-19-2012, 07:10 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

As long as is hasn't stayed we for a long period of time, it should be ok. once is it good and dry, I would spray it with Lysol just to be safe.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:28 PM
06Caravan
Rookie

Had the same problem with my '07 caravan. Seemed to be getting in through the heater box as you could hear the squirrel cage slosh the water around when you ran the blower motor. Ruined one blower motor that way because dealership couldn't find it, the second time they blew out the condensate drain and never had a problem with it again until I traded it in '09 on a minivan.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:37 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

That's a good possibility as well.

Quick Reply: water leak