Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

water leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 06:40 AM
2011 caliber owner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water leak

well the bad part it the caliber and ram are in the engines or drivetrain for life because of that dealership changing oil and putting in an additive everyother oil change pluse both in tires for life so if i take it to other dealer i will loose those features but it might not beworth the whole hassle anyway gonna have to weigh that out?

Old 04-19-2012, 04:14 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, if they can't fix it, then you don't have a lot of options.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:51 PM
DeifyMe

I haven't posted in a while but an update on my "leak"... I have just been through a wet Canadian winter without a trace of moisture inside. Yesterday was warm so we put the A/C on and the water returned, only on the passenger rear seat floorboard. I must have the same problem as Cp49ers. Anyone know where the condenser drains?

Old 04-22-2012, 11:22 AM
2010 Caliber Owner

well on my 2010 it actually drains through the driver side floor board just below the gas pedal as that is what the dealer thought was leaking the first time on my car.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:39 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I have a new one for you all. I have been dealing with water getting into my front dome light for almost 6 months now. Because it was in the front and in the roof, I concentrated on looking at the windshield or the moonroof. I checked everything mentioned in this post and could not find it. I even put large magnets over both glasses trying to isolate the leak. Btw, I had them from a business I had. They were door magnets. Anyway, even after covering all points where I thought the leak was! I still had water get in.

Long story short, I pin pointed my leak at my satellite attenna. The gasket between the top piece and where it mounts to the roof has a gap. I noticed this when one day after rain and I pulled out, I heard the water swish to the front. I was parked on an incline so the water sat back. I proved this was the point by taking a piece of electrical tape and wrapped it around the base of the atenna. After 3 days of hard rain, no more water. Now I just have to figure out how to fix that. Lol

Old 05-13-2012, 12:30 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Never thought about that hole in the roof. Good info. Thanks.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:54 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

Bringing this back.

Finally got around to fixing the antenna leak. Dropped the rear part of the headliner to access the sat antenna. Once the antenna was removed, the gasket was pretty much gone. Cleaned the antenna up, made a gasket out of an old bike tire inner tube, used some silicone then reassembled. Before raising the headliner back into place, I siliconed all around the opening where the antenna wire comes through on the inside part of the roof. Just a little overkill there, but wanted to make sure. After a weeks worth of rain, no leak.

Now, I have a new leak though. Been having non stop rain the last couple of weeks. Was dry for the most part. Then I noticed the floor boards in the front, both driver and passenger were wet. Looked up and saw water stains at the top of my A pillars on both sides. They were so wet, they were dripping to the floor, I think. I could press on the with my fingers and quite a bit of water squeezed out. So now, I have to hunt for a new leak or what I am hoping because it was easy to get to, would be that my "fix" on the antenna failed and I just have to redo it.

I will be back to update.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:51 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

Well I had 2 problems. First was a clogged drain on the moon roof. Easy fix.
Second was these plastic plugs in the floor under the carpet on both the driver and passenger side. Both were sorta just swiveling around. Extremely loose allowing water to splash in when I was driving. So I pulled up the carpet, dried the foam under the carpet, silicones the heck out of the plug and placed back in. Waited about an hour the flex sealed both the inside and outside where the plug goes through. That should stop the water.

Now I am not sure what those plugs are there for but they aren't coming out easily if they do need to come out later.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:42 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Thanks for the update. The info will come in handy if ours starts leaking, though I hope it doesn't. At least we don't have a sunroof to worry about, though it would be nice to have.

Quick Reply: water leak