Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Screaming Expletive !

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007 | 09:09 PM
IXLR8
|
Veteran
Default Screaming Expletive !

I appologize if I scared anyone in the Houston metroplex on or around 4:15pm today.

I took my car to Northwest Dodge here in Houston. A simple oil change, and safety inspection. Dropped it off at 7am. Icalledmy service advisor at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 3:30pm, to check on progress, no answer, no call back. I showed up at 4pm to pick it up, annd guess what? NOTHING WAS DONE!
I asked for my keys and SCREAMED an expletive while walking out the door. Now if anyone has ever heard me scream, it can be heard for blocks. I assure you that every employee in the dealership heard it, and has been a topic for discussion.

I stopped on the way home and had the work done at a local independent place in 35 minutes, with no anxiety...

Can anyone top the Dodge service nightmare? [:@]

Old 08-30-2007 | 12:33 AM
C35L
Professional
Default RE: Screaming Expletive !

The Dodge dealership does lack sometimes on customer service. I've waited for almost a montha couple times for parts to be replaced on my car and the second time I received no call I had to call myself to check to see if it was there.

Thelength of time it takes for them to order in a part its seems likemy car will be out of warrenty by the time it gets to the dealership.

I wanna know how many Dodge employees have accounts on this fourm and reads the complaints on the site?

Old 08-30-2007 | 07:53 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Sorry to hear of that bad experience IXLR8, I would not have been happy either.

C35L - Parts can be on backorder but they should let you know that. Not making excuses here but it's possible. There are no excuses for the lack of customer service, that should be their primary focus and a lot of dealers just don't get it.

Old 08-30-2007 | 11:15 AM
Lateral-G
Professional

I feel your frustration.You can get bad service from an independent just as well as from the dealer. However, in most cases dealer service isn't a reflection on Dodge per se but the dealership in general. I've had good service from my dealer. I've known people to buy their cars from one dealer but go to another for service.

Perhaps a call to Chrysler might help. Let them know.

FWIW after every service call at my dealer I receive a survey in the mail AND a phone call from an independent customer satisfaction place. They ask several questions on how my service was. One time I wasn't happy about a particualr issue and a few days later I received a call from the Dealer service manager. At least they are listening.

YMMV

-G-

Old 08-31-2007 | 06:19 AM
IXLR8
|
Veteran

That will be even more frustration, since they never did any workto my car, I will not be questioned about it. I amSTILL MAD about it.Dodge had my car for nine hours, the independent did the work in 35 minutes.

Some things that happen to you just don't seem to matter, but this left ascorching impression. When I was buying my car I had to decide between a G35 and the Charger. My wife has a FX-35 ( a truly awesome vehicle), and I have never had any problems with the infiniti dealer. They bend over backwards, always give you loaner car, a much better experience. I am older now, and the extra money that an Infiniti costs may just be worth it, to avoid these repetitive spikes in blood pressure. I have had one interaction witha Dodgedealer that was pleasant out of five, all I ask is that do the work andhave it ready when promised.
I guess its too much to ask from Dodge.

Old 08-31-2007 | 11:55 AM
mnboy
Captain

IXLR8,

I can feel your frustration and disappointment with them. But for me, I'm lucky I live in a small town and my Dodge dealer is terrific -- when I call the service manager, they get me in quickly and service the car well -- I just had my 18,000 mile done for my trip to OK this Saturday -- I called Thursday at 9 and they were done at noon. Of course, I bought the car there, so they put me up pretty high on the list when I call. The next nearest Dodge dealer 40 miles away charges $75 per hour shop time, where they are still $60 at mine. Oil (semi-synthetic), filter, lube, rotate tires, and inspection was $43.

I also had my car done at Moss Dodge in Riverside, CA. A big city dealer with as many service managers as my locals mechanics. I thoughtit was going to be bad, but the service manager was great, and the car was done quickly (about two hours) after just driving in.Oil, filter,lube,inspection,rotate and balance tires was around $80.

I think it is the dealership that makes the difference. Just like anything else, it's the people. Sounds like you just need tofind a good place...

MN

Old 09-09-2007 | 07:47 PM
Overland1
Amateur

Any brand's dealerships can be excellent, horrible, or anything in between. I have seen the same with Jeep shops in my area; none that are close by have any clue regarding reasonable customer service. Because they became so bad (including commission of the ultimate sin - lying to my wife [:@] ), we switched to an excellent dealership near Rochester, NY... ~95 miles from home and have not regretted it. Since out first interactions with them, they have sold us four new Grand Cherokee's since 2001. When I needed parts for a 2001 Stratus, they ordered the parts and had them there the next day.They also service literally any Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge,or Jeep vehicle.

Old 11-09-2007 | 12:43 PM
RenoRob
Rookie

It is true that every dealer has it's own service standards that they hold their employees to. Here in Reno, Nevada I have had horrible experiences from sales to service with Reno Dodge (who eventually lost their 5 star rating from Chrysler) but the difference in experiences was like night and day with the Carson Dodge dealer 30 miles away. (Who I bought my Daytona from) Also keep in mind that you can go to any of the Mopar dealers for service or repairs, they all have access to all the parts and knowledge and are able to perform any warranty work. I have an excellent rapore with my Jeep dealer and use them for most of my standard service work and goodie orders. They are physically much closer to my house so it's more conveniant than running into Carson. So don't feel like you're locked into one dealer, feel free to shop around and it probably wouldn't hurt to mention your previous experience to the service writer upon check-in to give them an opportunity to "upstage" their competition and win your loyalty.
Have fun and enjoy you ride! -Rob

Quick Reply: Screaming Expletive !