Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Code U0103 Lost Comm to gear shift module

Old 07-03-2014, 05:33 PM
crazymonk2012
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code U0103 Lost Comm to gear shift module

Okay I went to my car and started it. Tried to put it in gear and it would not let me get it out of park. The check engine light was on and it said it was in gear 8 which it doesn't have 8 gears. I had the car blocking cars in the driveway so I tried something. I disconnected the battery and reconnected it and it allowed me to drive the car. I drove it to Autozone and they scanned it. It pulled a Code u0103 saying Lost Communication with Gear Shift Module. I called our local Chrysler repair shop and they said it's either the Transmission Module or Powertrain Module. Apparently there computer terminology is different. My question is does anyone know the correct answer to the real problem??

Old 12-29-2014, 12:05 PM
frisco415R/T
Default i have the same problem on my dodge charger

Did u get it fixed and what was the real problem?

Old 12-30-2014, 12:00 PM
crazymonk2012

Originally Posted by frisco415R/T
Did u get it fixed and what was the real problem?
Yes I got it fixed I unplugged the battery for about 5 minutes like someone suggested and I have not had a problem since.

Old 12-31-2014, 10:46 AM
frisco415R/T

Nice .I did that but it happened again.I found out that is the transmission module it's very sensitive and if the battery is not giving enough voltage it can cause this..

Old 01-03-2015, 09:55 PM
frisco415R/T

Hey guys ..I've been doing some research on the internet and apparently there's a recall and all chargers from 06 till 09 ..they supposed to fixed I no charge ...I'm taking mine to get it fix see what they say

Old 09-11-2017, 01:27 PM
galaxyjaguar
Question does anyone had experience with 07 charger transmission lock?

i got 2007 Dodge Charger. there is code u0103 and the situation is while i drive the car , transmission stuck in a gear and doesn't shift anymore until i stop vehicle.
and every time when car is cold i start it it shows 8 next to PNRD on speedometer display.
please give me a favor if you had experience with it, i need to figure out what's the problem.

Attached Thumbnails Code U0103 Lost Comm to gear shift module-20170831_082844.jpg  
Old 12-09-2017, 06:49 PM
di55

Originally Posted by galaxyjaguar
i got 2007 Dodge Charger. there is code u0103 and the situation is while i drive the car , transmission stuck in a gear and doesn't shift anymore until i stop vehicle.
and every time when car is cold i start it it shows 8 next to PNRD on speedometer display.
please give me a favor if you had experience with it, i need to figure out what's the problem.

Same issue here with 2006 RT. Did you get it solved?

Old 05-20-2019, 11:45 AM
mgerdau

Originally Posted by frisco415R/T
Hey guys ..I've been doing some research on the internet and apparently there's a recall and all chargers from 06 till 09 ..they supposed to fixed I no charge ...I'm taking mine to get it fix see what they say
I had this happen to me while visiting Texas, I live in Oregon, so I opened the driver's door and turned the key off and on three times and it cleared the lock-up. So I went to Autozone and had them read the code, it was U0103. Didn't have the problem until I got back home. I used my OBD reader and tried to just clear the code but it kept coming back. Then I tried just turning the key off and on, but that didn't work. So I disconnected the battery and that cleared the lock-up and code. Then last night I had the car idling went to drive away and I had the lock-up situation. An hour later I came home and went to park the car in the garage and it was as if nothing had happened. If there is a recall, I can't find the recall number, does anyone have it? I have a 2009 Charger.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:21 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,165 Likes on 2,919 Posts

Call your local dealer, give them your VIN number, and they can tell you if there are any open recalls on your car. (talk to the service department.)

Old 05-20-2019, 11:19 PM
mgerdau

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Call your local dealer, give them your VIN number, and they can tell you if there are any open recalls on your car. (talk to the service department.)
Called the dealership and they said there is no recall for the U0103 code. So, I'm going to figure it out. First, thing, is the Gear Shift Control Module (GSC) the same as the Powertrain Control Module (PCM)? Then, where are they physically located?

I've decided to start in the trunk and check all of the grounds, hit them with some emery cloth, and then put some dielectric grease on them. I'll check all of the other grounds I can find and do the same thing. Once I locate the GSC/PCM or both, I'll give them the dielectric grease treatment and make sure everything is tightly connected.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Code U0103 Lost Comm to gear shift module