Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Trunk Lid rubbing bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006 | 02:40 AM
Rivalry
|
Professional
Default Trunk Lid rubbing bumper

Hey all, im the new guy, I have a 2006 Daytona Charger (Go ManGo).
To the point, The trunk lid rubs the bumper on every Charger I have seen.
I Have taken my car to 2 different dealerships for them to tell me they dont know what to do about it. Every charger on thier lot (even the one with 11 miles) showed signs of this rubbing.
I called the 800 number for warranty and explained that it was doing it and what the dealerships had told me. They called one of those dealerships and stated that my problem needs to be taken care of and that they were instructed to call "star" which from what I gather is a engineer/technical assistance for things like this.
The dealerships said aside from putting a screw in the corner to stabilize the bumper they had no other solution. I told them I want a fix from Dodge.
I know this problem falls under warranty and will be taken care of but I dont think they realize the extent of this problem.
I hope I dont anger or disappoint anyone by pointing this out because I can guarantee if you have an 06 Charger yours is doing it!

Even with this small problem I wouldnt give up my Charger for anything!

Old 04-16-2006 | 08:04 AM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker
Default RE: Trunk Lid rubbing bumper

hate to tell yo umine is not rubbing I have had it since Oct.

Old 04-16-2006 | 01:25 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

Welcome to the happy world of Charger owners!!!! and welcome to the board.

I, like baldylox, have no problems with my trunk rubbing anything, and I bought mine just before this past Thanksgiving.

dave

Old 04-16-2006 | 02:46 PM
Daytona RT
Professional

My unit is rubbing the bumper as well.. I've noticed it early on and treated it with additional wax and watching it closely. I may take my unit to the dealer once a corrective measure is found. Keep us informed please.

Old 04-16-2006 | 09:04 PM
Rivalry
|
Professional

To you guys that arent having that problem may I ask what color Charger are you driving?

This would be something that is not evident on lets say a white or light grey charger because the base color under the paint of the bumper is a light color. I had a hard time seeing it on the top banana color but it was evident.

It would be prominent on a darker color Charger.
Basically if you look at where the rounded corner of the trunk opposes the bumper, the Bumper is not attatched in that area and when you drive the wind catches and vibrates the bumper up into the trunk.

Old 04-17-2006 | 01:30 AM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

GomanGo orange

Old 04-17-2006 | 07:11 PM
scooter01

Mine is doing the same thing. the color is top banana.Keep us posted..........

Old 04-17-2006 | 07:46 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

Steel Metal. Hmmmm. I drove it today so I'll take another look after work.

dave

Old 04-17-2006 | 11:34 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

Well, I checked and sure enough - mine's rubbing too. Looks like a sheet metal screw with a rubber washer would fix it. Pull that part of the bumper right into the sheet metal of the outer skin of the trunk. What do ya think?

dave

Old 04-18-2006 | 02:54 AM
KDay

Hello! My boyfriend found our "rubbed spot" over the weekend when we went to the lake, I looked it up and is a common complaint. I love the car, is great ! But, that is an issue all over many people have that issue.. Happy Driving All!

Quick Reply: Trunk Lid rubbing bumper