Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Post your rides here!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 06:04 AM
MOPAR_TUNING
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by puhekracing
Lets see how many die hard proud daytona people we have. Post your info on your car and whatyou have done, lets share ideas and see what we can come up with as a group.My father and I are racing a 92 daytona es with the 3.0 6g72 engine sohc. We put some viper gts blue paintwith a deep dark black on the groung effects. What we have done to the motor, MSD blaster 3 coil, MSD 8.5 mm plug wires, champion 3405 plugs or ngk v- power plugs. nitrous wet system injected before the throttle body, we started with the 35hp pill and have ran the 100 hp pill. We went from 1.04:1 gear set to a 1.22:1 gears. We are running V-P racing fuel of 109. With this set up we have ran a best time of 15.05 in the 1/4, 90.38 mph 60 ft 2.131 speed 60 ft. 74.83. We have sence then purchased the underdrive pully and a 52mm throttle body, and a stall converter from ptc. We also have a 87 daytona shelby with the 2.2 ltr turbo 2. List your rides so we can keep the daytonas alive.Im goingto give a shout out to ourracing buddy a.k.a. its aSRT-4 not a neon. LOL P.S. the 15.05 1/4 time was mine not daddys na nana na na na

This is also funny....Not as bad as the guy with TITANIUM EVERYTHING and non existing mods...BUT ANYWAY.. first of you claim to have some regular mods like the msd blaster and 8.5mm wires and thats ok cause thats a comon mod for our 3.0l engines. but when you say youre using NITROUS and are only running 15.05sec in the 1/4 mile specialy with a 100hp shot, thats when it sounds like your making stuff up...a slightly moded stock engine WITH OUT Turbo, super charger, Nitrous, racing fuel, will run high 14sec 1/4 mile.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:37 AM
MOPAR_TUNING

oh sorry about the posts...i had only read the first page when i thought it would be a good idea to comment back on the Titanium guy...but then i read on and saw that you guys had already noticed the foolish post. lol The ES daytona is mine it has 85,000ish miles on the body and broken engine its in the process of being rebuild this picture is like 3 weeks old i just got done taking the engine apart im gonna hone and wash the block later...yey...

oh and the one with all the advertisement is my favorite daytona its sexy...its my laptops background...lol

Attached Thumbnails  Post your rides here!!!!!-tools1.jpg    Post your rides here!!!!!-sexy-daytona.jpg  

Last edited by MOPAR_TUNING; 06-08-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:29 PM
procyonIV
Amateur
Default The original

I have a 69 Dodge Charger Daytona that I purchased in 1970. I used it for then years (summers only as this is definitely NOT a winter car...) and then stored it when I went overseas. It was on blocks for 37 years (Never thought it would be that long as I was initially leaving for eight months but once I got a taste of expat life I could not let go...). I have now finished the rebuilt doing everything mechanical myself but leaving body work, paint, glass and upholstery to professionals. I am now waiting for an evaluator to get it insured and then roadworthy certified. Engine is slightly modified 440 (Raised aluminium intake, 850 cfm Holley double pumper with mechanical secondary, street racer cam, electronic ignition and ceramic coated headers) with a 4 speed trans. Kept all original parts though.

Old 07-26-2021, 02:33 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Oooo, that's NICE!

Old 07-27-2021, 07:04 PM
procyonIV
Amateur

Thanks,
Really appreciated!

Jacxques

Old 07-29-2021, 06:41 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 365 Likes on 343 Posts

Hope you keep it in a garage! I would find the original build sheets and store them in safe place.

Old 07-29-2021, 06:09 PM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 222 Likes on 202 Posts

Beautiful car, but this isn't the section for THAT kind of Daytona lol.

Old 08-07-2021, 11:34 AM
procyonIV
Amateur

Yep, done that already along with other vintage documentation like Chrysler Canada letters (Dating bak to the early 70's and EPA letter (When I imported it in US for a little while).

Old 08-07-2021, 11:36 AM
procyonIV
Amateur

Sorry about that. Should my posts be removed? Anyway, will not post anymore.

Thanks,

Jacques

Old 08-07-2021, 07:09 PM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 222 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by procyonIV
Sorry about that. Should my posts be removed? Anyway, will not post anymore.

Thanks,

Jacques
Why would you do that? It's just in the wrong section. Perfectly good muscle car section where it belongs to be admired: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/charger...d-superbee-48/
One of the admins will move it eventually.

Quick Reply: Post your rides here!!!!!