Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Post your rides here!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:00 PM
puhekracing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Post your rides here!!!!!

Well guys we didnt win any money or a trophy but came home with some consistant times. Here are a couple pics of a burnout hope someone enjoys them,I will post pics of the time slips soon. The 14.6 was the best time but ended up with a 14.7 14.8 and 14.7 the last run we got out of it to try and average 15.00 secs whenI post time slips you have to pay attention to the mph. If anyone is interested in more detail let me know andI will tell but im not going to type a bunch of stuff if nobody cares.

[IMG]local://upfiles/58759/E8C1ADB794264FC8981E1D45A66985BE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/58759/742E64D8C8FD41F1B3B5EF9112617F72.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-18-2007, 02:33 AM
Ryathis
Rookie

Unfortunately thats the only Pic i have right now, of me bein an idiot and running it through sand, Ive had the ol' girl since i was 16. Lots of work/learning was achieved, I love this car, i think its part of my soul.

O just for the record thats a board underneath it, not the body kit falling off

O and to titanium and his buddy there please keep up the good work!

Old 04-18-2007, 01:16 PM
scorpion1

Im only 19 and happy to say Im addicted to the ancient art of "turbododges" :-P My only regret is that its not 2009 so I can get rid of that pesky Catalytic Converter! :-) (and I will be the first to admit I DO NOT know a whole lot about the TD's as I drove a mildly modified 97 neon for the longest time. ahh...my second love. :-) MOPAR4LIFE hehe ok Ill stop ranting and get on with it now...

1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2.2L Turbocharged & intercooled

-Stock Garret T03 Turbocharger 13psi, spiking boost cut thanks to straight pipe :-(

-Stock FMIC

-2.2L Turbo Mazerati internals (as told was rebuilt by previous owner)

-Custom short ram intake (cut up APC CAI off of 2.0 97 SOHC Neon)

-DSM stock BOV mounted on 2.5" pipe

Muffler delete (running cat-back no muffler)

Lighter Motegi MR-7 15x6.5" rear wheels (got them free, didnt want to sacrafice 7" fronts as it already spins hard)

A-555 Trans-currently looking for a new one! 3rd gear syncro took a dummp!

Hopefully will be dyno'd on Sunday, will post slip if this happens.

Electric blue, under 80k mi. Smokes my friends cars: V6 3.0 Eclipse, Acura Integra (newer but not really the sports model) and a pesky lead foot IROC Camaro.

OLD PIC OF ENGINE BAY, SOME PARTS HAVE BEENREPAINTED/REPLACED

Old 04-19-2007, 03:01 AM
irocelectric93

Hey puhekracing were you on the bottle when you ran 14.6? Or was that just with the pulley, throttlebody, and stall?

Old 04-19-2007, 03:04 PM
bansheenut420
Professional

91IROCDAYTONAMAN
Nice! Looks really clean. That car will be a great daily driver, and with some exhaust and a few other basic mods can be alot of fun! Keep up the good work! [sm=smiley16.gif]

Old 04-19-2007, 03:08 PM
bansheenut420
Professional

ORIGINAL: puhekracing

Well guys we didnt win any money or a trophy but came home with some consistant times. Here are a couple pics of a burnout hope someone enjoys them,I will post pics of the time slips soon. The 14.6 was the best time but ended up with a 14.7 14.8 and 14.7 the last run we got out of it to try and average 15.00 secs whenI post time slips you have to pay attention to the mph. If anyone is interested in more detail let me know andI will tell but im not going to type a bunch of stuff if nobody cares.

[IMG]local://upfiles/58759/E8C1ADB794264FC8981E1D45A66985BE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/58759/742E64D8C8FD41F1B3B5EF9112617F72.jpg[/IMG]
Really like the pics! That burnout one looks mean![sm=smiley32.gif] Do you have anice copy of just the burnout pic? If you do, would you email it to me? That would make a good screen saver pic to go with the rest.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:24 PM
bansheenut420
Professional

ORIGINAL: Ryathis

Unfortunately thats the only Pic i have right now, of me bein an idiot and running it through sand, Ive had the ol' girl since i was 16. Lots of work/learning was achieved, I love this car, i think its part of my soul.

O just for the record thats a board underneath it, not the body kit falling off

O and to titanium and his buddy there please keep up the good work!
Get that thing out of the sand! lol Looks like a pretty nice car, get some good day shots! These cars are sooo addicting.

And isnt it just unfortunate that Sir Titanium and Mr. Dumass (thats pronounced DOmass, not what your thinking LOL)have yet to respond.... Wonder why? I bet I know why, and I bet all you guys do too, come on now lets say it together...[sm=bustedsign.gif] LMFAO [sm=wootwoot.gif]

EVERYONE>[sm=laughat.gif]<Sir TI and his buddy... AGAIN!

Old 04-19-2007, 03:34 PM
bansheenut420
Professional

ORIGINAL: scorpion1

Im only 19 and happy to say Im addicted to the ancient art of "turbododges" :-P My only regret is that its not 2009 so I can get rid of that pesky Catalytic Converter! :-) (and I will be the first to admit I DO NOT know a whole lot about the TD's as I drove a mildly modified 97 neon for the longest time. ahh...my second love. :-) MOPAR4LIFE hehe ok Ill stop ranting and get on with it now...

1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2.2L Turbocharged & intercooled

-Stock Garret T03 Turbocharger 13psi, spiking boost cut thanks to straight pipe :-(

-Stock FMIC

-2.2L Turbo Mazerati internals (as told was rebuilt by previous owner)

-Custom short ram intake (cut up APC CAI off of 2.0 97 SOHC Neon)

-DSM stock BOV mounted on 2.5" pipe

Muffler delete (running cat-back no muffler)

Lighter Motegi MR-7 15x6.5" rear wheels (got them free, didnt want to sacrafice 7" fronts as it already spins hard)

A-555 Trans-currently looking for a new one! 3rd gear syncro took a dummp!

Hopefully will be dyno'd on Sunday, will post slip if this happens.

Electric blue, under 80k mi. Smokes my friends cars: V6 3.0 Eclipse, Acura Integra (newer but not really the sports model) and a pesky lead foot IROC Camaro.

OLD PIC OF ENGINE BAY, SOME PARTS HAVE BEENREPAINTED/REPLACED
Thats a nice looking daytona, I really like that blue. Is this your first Turbododge? I dont know if you know of this site, http://www.thedodgegarage.comBut its like the TD bible, if you havent been there read it, learn it! These cars can be made quite fast for really cheap. PM me for some more tips.
Keep up the good work!

Old 04-19-2007, 03:56 PM
bansheenut420
Professional

I guess I better post a pic or two...

That last one is the new "built" lol motor going in, and the pipe to the side is from doing some mock up for the intercooler pipe. Details on all that in the links in my sig.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:56 PM
puhekracing

Oh yes, bottle. I believe our last run on friday was in the 18's, we found the nos solenoid wasn't openingbut the fuel was, so we were running an xtra injector making ittoo rich. Saturday was a good day though. The next thing we are going to do is seeif we can tell if we got hosed on the converter. I don't recall what year caravan but its computer is better than the stock daytona one it has to have different fuel curves and such. I want to find a 58mm throttle body and the computer that goes with that model caravan. If anyone has one let me know.

Quick Reply: Post your rides here!!!!!