Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Irritating Advertising... A new low.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Irritating Advertising... A new low.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this, but I've confirmed it on multiple PC's, and *******ly every browser available to a PC user.

Your advertising for NITTO tire, and others in the forum messages is pissing me off royally.

It seems to know that regardless of my time taken to read the list of titles, and select one to read, it moves the column down just in time to force me to select a different thread. I literally have been forced to sit and wait for that ad to be injected into the forum before selecting the thread I wish to read, which is irritating as well.

With all the advertising real estate DF has, and excellent content, there has to be a better way of generating revenue. Or if you are stuck providing this advertising, there needs to be a less intrusive way of injecting the thread into the list of messages.

Please.. make it stop..

Old 03-31-2011, 09:09 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

It comes from IB, the owners of the site. Nothing we can do about it at our level. It pays the bills to keep the sites free. All of their sites do it. Sorry.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:53 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

Originally Posted by Cthulhu
it moves the column down just in time to force me to select a different thread. I literally have been forced to sit and wait for that

I have to laugh at this because I have an armorall one in my section that I have opened I don't know how many times because it just shows up when it wants to. LMAO!!!

Old 04-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Cthulhu
Captain

Thanks for the information. It's too bad it cannot be rectified but definitely can be overlooked. As mentioned the quality of content on this site is what brings me back. Thanks for doing a great job.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:02 PM
arnie19
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im being bombarded with Toyota adds on this site.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:28 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Toyota, Chevrolet, and I think I recall seeing a Ford ad or two. Whatever ads IB wants, happen. It keeps the place free for anyone who wants to join.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:47 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

They are a PIA but that's the company that owns this (and like 100 other) forum(s). Gotta pay them bills, and I don't come cheap!!! LMAO!!!

Old 08-29-2011, 01:55 AM
96magnumram
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never experienced this problem....maybe it is being blocked on my Chrome browser by Adblock Plus...I see NO ADS on this forum thanks to Adblock Plus...

Quick Reply: Irritating Advertising... A new low.