Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Dodge Magnum reliability

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 04:38 PM
fireman2118
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got an '05 R/T that's been extremely reliable. I had a TCM failure but I was able to drive
it still. Right to the dealership for a new TCM under warranty. That was at 11000 miles. I've got almost 39,000 now.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:44 PM
MadMax4688
Default died after 4 days

I bought a 05 magnum SXT AWD only after driving a rental for a month while my 06 RAM diesel was getting painted. I loved the 3.5 engine and thought it has plenty of power. I was considering getting the HEMI but then just bought a viper to take care of the horsepower bug! The new car had only 38k on it. within four days the power steering rack was making a horrible creeking noise and then the airbags lights came on. within ten minutes the car was dead on the side of the road and needing to get towed! the dealership was incredible and had the tow truck and Enterprise rental to me within 30 minutes. The dealership has now had my car for 12 days and says its finally fixed. Something with the front computer went causing the airbag light and eventually the shutdown. they also replaced the rack. I pick it up tomorrow and will keep you posted. I am driving a 08 magnum 2.7 rental that sucks on gas! I clocked it to be only 22 MPG!! its actually worse than my 97 sebring convertible that has 120k on it and still gets 24 MPG! so to everyone concerned with MPG stay away from the 2.7!!!! its way to heavy of a car for that small engine.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:55 AM
MichelesGuy

Cool! I should have no problem next week driving my 3.5 Magnum to the Oregon Coast then! We'll be putting on around 1500 miles in 5 days. I just changed the oil yesterday with Mobile One and a Mopar filter.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:14 PM
mkaresh
Banned

Updated results recently posted for the LXs.

The 2005 continues to have a worse than average repair rate, while the 2006 is average and the 2007 might be a bit better than average. The sample size is marginal in the last case, so that result is less precise and asterisked on the site.

With more participants would could have a more precise result and include more model years.

To view the full results, and to sign up to help:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

Old 12-15-2008, 10:02 AM
bluedodgeram
Rookie
Cool 2007 Reliability question

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 5.7 Hemi MDS, so far I had 1 issue with a leaking front strut on the passenger side, and a ticking or knocking noise from the engine, when using the car starter, after 5-10mins of warming up. Otherwise, no big issue's so far, and I have 46,000 kms on her at the moment.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:08 PM
closeminded
Default in the shop twice in one week

I have had nothing but problems with my 2006 magnum R/T RWD. I just got it out of the shop where it had a new PCM put in and O2 sensors and then i drove it for a day and it wouldn't idle it would just stall and then when driving the check engine light would flash and the car had no throttle responce it would just bog out and then it would idle so rough at stop lights just before stalling. so far this is the most unreliable vechile i have ever had. but it did make it to the dealer under its oen power if thats a plus lol.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:59 AM
allstarokc

I have replaced the tires 3 times on the rear each with an alignment and twice on the front, I am now experienceing head gasket failure at 60k, the powertrain warranty covers up to 70,000 miles, but Chrysler is denying my claim for some reason due to previous owner had chosen the 7/70000, I am the 2nd owner and purchased with 36k, the dealer tried to slide in the extended care for $2200 during financing, i declined and asked to just transfer the powertrain which the F&I guy said no problem. Geuss what? Problem! The F&I guy didnt transfer or supply me with a reciept for my $150, and of course they have no record.
Does anyone no if I have any recourse other than my ignorance. The finance guy is now clueless about warranty transfer.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:26 PM
raydor98

no problems at all w/ my 04

Old 02-21-2009, 01:23 PM
katbridg
Default Reliability.

Just picked up my 05 RT from the shop. CEL was on, i took it in for a check. Turns out the EGR vave was the problem, they replaced that ($450.00) and out of the kindness of their heart did a 26 point check.
Guess what, I need a new steering rack, because you cant change out the tie rod ends and supposidly they have failed. The Rear axle has a leaking seal, control arm bushings are in need of replacement, few other things. That will be $1,900.00. Oh by the way the rack is on back order so if i get it done they have no idea when they can get the part.
The car is a 2005 with about 80,000 miles, mostly highway. I bought the extended warranty, its run out at 75,000 miles and Dodge never spent a nickle while i pair $1,600 for the coverage. The Emissions warranty is also just run out at 75,000 miles so no help on the EGR valve. Bail out package for American car companies? how about a bail out package for American car owners?

Quick Reply: Dodge Magnum reliability