Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Nav Sysem Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 11:10 PM
Inferno Magnum
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nav Sysem Upgrade

Female.

Old 08-13-2004, 02:38 PM
daywalker

BlackRT: My dealer says that retro-fitting the system isn't a big deal at all.

I could give you a run for your money in the 'disoriented' category - I HAD to have the NAV.

Cheers!

Old 08-13-2004, 03:49 PM
chefboyrlee
Professional

i was at the tint/car stereo shop recently. they mentioned that a OEM dvd navigation can be "chipped" to play regular dvds. does anyone know if this is true? if so, im gonna go kick myself for not getting it...

Old 08-13-2004, 10:11 PM
BlackRT

The more I read about the Nav system the moe I want it...Guess it will have to go on the list of things to buy once I get the car. And if it can be hacked to play movies then I am sold. I'll buy it right away. There is some talk on other boards about an optional entertainment add on. So apperantly the unit can play movies just not display them on the built in monitor. Hmmmmm.....

Old 08-14-2004, 12:22 AM
MagnumFreak
Rookie

ORIGINAL: chefboyrlee

i was at the tint/car stereo shop recently. they mentioned that a OEM dvd navigation can be "chipped" to play regular dvds. does anyone know if this is true? if so, im gonna go kick myself for not getting it...

I have an email into navtv.com to see if they offer a kit for us crazy folks who like to modify stuff on their own. If you live nearby, they are based out of Boca Raton FL maybe you could stop by (once the wind stops).

Old 08-14-2004, 05:37 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The other thing the nav system gets that the other don't is the maintence menu in the nav radio, kinda nice to have.

Old 08-14-2004, 11:58 PM
maddhatter

My RT did not come with the nav and I did not want to spend 2 grand on a system I could only use in one car. I just purchased the Magellan 700 for around 1 grand. They are the folks that make the units for the Hertz Never Lost that I have been using for years when I travel. Which is alot. The 700 has all of the US and most of Canada already loaded so there are no disks to mess with. No system is perfect but this thing is great and it is very easy to take from car to car. One of the best things about the Magellan as compared to the Garmen 2620 that also has everything loaded is the goose neck windshield mount that positions the unit right next to the steering wheel. It is very easy to use while driving. I live in a very small town in eastern NC and it even lists Bill's Hotdogs as a point of interest. This is the smallest hotdog place you have ever seen and in the worst part of town. I would never have dreamed it would be listed and the phone number was also listed. I highly recommend the Magellan. I will be taking it in the 2003 Tbird and the Avalanche when using those vehicles. Best had them listed for 1,300 but when I said I could get them on the web for less they came in at 1,099.00. By the way it gives you voice turn to turn directions too.

Old 08-16-2004, 10:38 AM
69RoadRunner
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the Hertz Forever Lost system in Boston one time. It had us go in a circle and told us we were at our destination!

I like the Chrysler nav system in our Pacifica. It helped us find a good pizza place this weekend at the Mopar Nationals, but I still wish I'd had my Road Runner.[&o]

Old 08-16-2004, 11:54 AM
Jax

69RoadRunner, I doubt that ANY nav system could keep up with the incessant traffic changes in Boston!

Jax

Old 08-17-2004, 06:37 PM
DavidA

I'm new here, but have the nav system in my RT. I had been putting off the purchase of a nav system even though I ride a Gold Wing cross country because I have always relied on maps and my own sense of direction. Well, how wrong I was. This system is fantastic. I've used it almost continually -- to locate specific addresses, to find where a road goes to see if it is a shortcut or just to see what's around me. What I like most is the intigration with the radio and speedometer display. That can never be duplicated with aftermarket equipment.

The female voice can be controlled both by separate volume settings and also can be turned off and replaced with a warning tone.

Quick Reply: Nav Sysem Upgrade