Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Nav Sysem Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 05:59 PM
BlackRT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav Sysem Upgrade

Ok...So I am thinking that not getting the Nav system might have been a mistake. First off anyone that has the nav system please let me know what you think? Do you use it? Are there other things besides the nav that makes it worthwhile? I haven't been able to even see one so it's hard for me to justify the nearly 2k upgrade.

Second, if this is something that I want to get in the future how hard is a swap out? Will I miss out on features by not having it installed from the factory?

Any info or insight you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-06-2004, 06:29 PM
dansk
Default RE: Nav Sysem Upgrade

The RT I test drove at the dealer had the NAV system and after using it, I definately did not want one in the car I ordered. The voice talking to you was annoying, especially if you didn't follow it's directions, and I think that the looks of the thing takes over and spoils the interior. Not for me, thanks... P.S. when was the last time you just couldn't find your destination?

Old 08-06-2004, 06:43 PM
BlackRT

ORIGINAL: dansk

P.S. when was the last time you just couldn't find your destination?
Actually I think I might have the worst sense of direction in the history of mankind. I upgraded to the Electronics group just to get the compass. Well, not the only reason...

Dansk, thanks for your opinion. Anyone else?

Old 08-06-2004, 08:17 PM
HemiMag
Veteran

When I placed my original order, it was without the NAV setup.....however, when
we found the car we have now, it has the NAV. I do like having the NAV system.
Sure, the car yells at you if you miss your freeway exit.....but it doesn't drown
out the stereo. So it isn't anything too annoying.....In addition, I do like having
the larger display for the stereo.

Just my opinion.....

Rex

Old 08-07-2004, 04:13 PM
JETNBYA

I have it, I love it! It helps you find everything! Food, gas, atm, hotels. I use mine a bunch.

Jim

Old 08-07-2004, 04:25 PM
daffRT

think? Do you use it? Are there other things besides the nav that makes it worthwhile? I haven't been able to even see one so it's hard for me to justify the nearly 2k upgrade.
It was a novelty at first, but I have found it useful on a handful of occasions. I quickly located a Taco Bell while in a traffic jam, found my way through an unfamiliar neighborhood, etc..

I do have issue with the cost of the DVD updates (I believe it 's 150?). The DVD that came with the car didn't have half the of the new housing developments that sprouted up in my area last year or new freeways that were constructed as recently as early 2003. Maybe we can all get together and collectively buy the update and burn copies (sorry Dodge/Chrys).

Old 08-07-2004, 11:59 PM
GSD

I wish i would of had the nav upgrade in my SXT. Being a pilot i new i would want one. So now im trying to get my wife to let me get the upgrade. Maybe next summer the price will drop.

Jason

Old 08-09-2004, 04:01 PM
MidnightCharge
Rookie

I thought the same thing didn't want it at first but now that I have it, wouldn't want to be without it. The inside cover of the CD case has a certificate for a updated disc that you can renew within one year of your purchase of the car.

Old 08-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Inferno Magnum
Rookie

At first, the NAV system was a novelty for us. We would punch in addresses even if we knew where we were going. But living in a city like San Diego, where everything is so spread out, you find yourself on many occasions not knowing where you’re going. The NAV has proven useful many times. Forget MapQuest, we have our own system without printouts. Plus, if you don’t like the voice ‘commands’, you can turn it off and just follow the ‘on screen’ instructions.

Old 08-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Xen

What's the voice style it uses? HAL? Female?

Quick Reply: Nav Sysem Upgrade