Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Hesitation in the Hemi

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 02:59 AM
duglas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hesitation in the Hemi

Mine does the same, I can tell it is the torque lock out... I have taken it to the dealer but no luck..

I think if I can replace the rear end and get the RPM's up a little on the highway it will feel much better...

My GS400 did the same at like 50MPH, the Magnum is doing it always on the highway, it is driving me crazy, I leave it in 4th just so I do not have to feel it hesitate everything I give it a touch of gas....

Old 08-27-2004, 03:58 AM
Hemi RT
Professional

Once at cruise say 60mph how long before this hesitation kicks in. I'd like to feel it on a test drive.

Old 08-27-2004, 06:11 AM
schmisl

HemiRT,

It doesn't take too long. I'd give it a few miles. But my R/T didn't really start doing it until it had about 1000 miles on it.

I should take a second here to stop complaining and say that this is one of the best cars I have owned. I just got back from a 4200 mile road trip, and in my opinion the ride is excellent, and I have yet to hear a squeak or rattle of any kind. A very solid, well made and comfortable car. And as most of you can agree, the power is strong and amazingly smooth! If attention is what you want, this car will get it for you anywhere you go. Dodge did its' homework on this one and came out with a winner!

Thanks to all

Old 08-27-2004, 10:49 AM
duglas

It does it after a few miles..

You can feel it when you are driving along at normal gas and you give it just a little bit more to go up a hill or just pick up 1 or 2 mph, it hesitates for 1/4 second then almost surges forward..

My wife can feel it while I am driving

This is my only complaint about the car, I have had it over 2 months and have over 4000 miles on it

Old 08-27-2004, 05:13 PM
Hemi RT
Professional

Could you better describe this hesitation...is it like the A/C turned on or would you say like you slipped of the pedal and gave it gas again? Aren't all 8 cylinders running the wholetime they just get gas cut off? If that were the case there shouldn't be a hesitation...should there? What does it mean when the TC is locking up? Thanks for any help.

Old 08-27-2004, 09:32 PM
vctoryman

Zero hesitation problems shifting, easy or full acceleration, no lag whatsoever - it just hooks up quick - it will light the tires with or without ESP on from a dead stop or a slow roll - it may be how I broke it in - HARD - right from the dealer's lot!

Old 08-27-2004, 09:43 PM
PropMan

Same here. Zero hesitation ever. Mash the pedal and GO! Mine, however will NOT break the tires loose with the ESP on (unless you torque-break it). It will light them up with the ESP off. I also broke it in HARD from day one with redline shifts whenever possible. This is the best way to break in modern engines . . .

Old 08-27-2004, 10:13 PM
MidnightCharge
Rookie

Our RT has no hesitation and will spin the tires at will with or without the ESP on. I think we got a hopped up one cuss it will flat out go. On the break in we drove it hard like we do most of the time and have never had any problems, I love this car.

Old 08-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Hemi RT
Professional

doesn't the traction control keep the tires from lettin lose

Old 08-29-2004, 03:14 AM
MidnightCharge
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Hemi RT

doesn't the traction control keep the tires from lettin lose
No as long as the vehicle is going straight then it won't. It is not until the rear starts to fish tail or swerve that it takes over.

Quick Reply: Hesitation in the Hemi