Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Is driving fun

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 11:56 AM
DaGGer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is driving fun

ok well i wanted to know if a dodge neon was a fun car to drive...now i dont have one but i am thinking of buying one...now for most people they seem like small girl cars but i think with a little modification they can be nice....also with a turbo charger they can be rather fun...so what your opinion on them....

Old 02-14-2005, 11:58 AM
DaGGer
Default RE: Is driving fun

also is there anyway to do an engine swap with a 2.4 engine from a neon srt-4 or well any other engine besides that

Old 02-14-2005, 01:59 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Yes, swapping a SRT4 engine is very possible in both the 1st and 2nd gen. The 2nd gen neon is a bit easier to do the swap with. Yes, its a fun car to drive. The neon handles pretty well stock so, the power on them is okay, nothing that will blow you away but its still peppy. If you turbo them or get the 2.4 out of the SRT4...it will be real quick. I love to drive mine...it just begs to be driven hard.

Old 02-14-2005, 02:19 PM
DaGGer

so basicly it being a girlly car is not true...i have found a turbo kit for the neon that is a bolt on in a way and it take between 10-15 hours to complete and is about 2500 dollars...sould putting one on the engine in the car be better than swaping out another engine or what....

Old 02-14-2005, 02:33 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

I would say putting a new engine will cost alot more. You will have to swap the motor. get a compatable computer and wiring harness and possibly other parts I can't think of at the moment.

If you are going to buy a new neon, and want to swap the motor, you might as well buy the srt4. It would be cheaper in the long run.

The neon is a fun car for the price. It has good torque for the weight of the car, and can get you there basically. I have fun on the freeway sometimes. I will be in 5th gear crusin about 65, then drop down to 3rd and definatlly gets you moving.

Old 02-14-2005, 02:57 PM
AirWolf

they are fun to jazz up I love both of mine. pretty fast for autos.

Old 02-14-2005, 03:14 PM
DaGGer

well i want to buy one put a turbo on it ( i would rather have a superchargert but they don't make them for it) and have it have about 200-250 horsepower and about the same for torque, that would be one fast car and it would be respectible becaues it could beat out most other cars on ther road...also its really a car that most would say are very wimpy and look girly...with the right color and ground effect it would look really nice...i like the srt-4 and thus why i like the neon...

Old 02-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my Neon. I love the style of them. I think my car looks great now. I love the design. They can look very hot!

Old 02-14-2005, 04:29 PM
DaGGer

well you have a newer one and i plan on getting an older one...i think that with some type of body kit...nothing ricy will make it look better...also some rims and tires will make it look really nice

Old 02-14-2005, 04:35 PM
srt4 driver
Veteran

my srt4 is fast enough & fun enough.... for now.

Quick Reply: Is driving fun