Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

CAI

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005 | 06:02 PM
PhatZilla
Default CAI

Just out of curiousity I have a couple questions about cold air intakes. I was looking on e-bay for a cai and came across a ton of them that were like $30 and then the good brand ones like AEM etc that were 200 plus. Now what i'm wondering is what exactly the difference is? I mean a cai is a simple piece of equipment, so are you just paying for the brand name? Are there any risks to using a generic cai, so long as it fits the car? Just curious, because I'm a po' white boy with a near stock neon and i wanna do something to it other than my rims.

Old 05-07-2005 | 07:26 PM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran
Default RE: CAI

if its a first gen neon (95-99) theres a huge difference in what is listed as "cai" and what actually is cai. for the first gen, the only true cai available is the iceman intake (although, you can make a cai using the 3.0 caravan/shadow intake tube as well)

if its the 2nd gen (00-05) then pretty much they all work the same from what ive seen and read. they all pretty much put the filter in the same place and the tubing is quite similar.. so yeah a cheapo cai for the 2g will work just fine

Old 05-08-2005 | 03:42 PM
PhatZilla

Thanx. Yeah,I'm rockin a black 04sxt lol. I'll probably purchase a cheapo cai and see how it goes! Thanx for the input!

Old 05-09-2005 | 10:51 AM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran

being that you have an '04 ... dont expect *too* much for gains, as the ngc (computer) for the 03+'s likes to try to keep the power at the stock levels.

Old 05-10-2005 | 08:47 PM
ag03

YOU suck i saw your neon its faded black with chips all over it and the dang thing has one aftermarket rim and 3 doughnuts and your missing a brake light THE WHOLE THING im suprised it has an engine in it or is there a whole in the florr for your feet to to the flinstone thing HAHAHA cya lata playa

Old 05-10-2005 | 09:30 PM
PhatZilla

Congratulations on being completely full of crap lol. If I didn't know you, i'd hunt you down and kick the crap outta you, but since you live down the street from me, i wont have to hunt you down LOL...

Old 05-10-2005 | 09:32 PM
PhatZilla

Congratulations on being completely full of crap lol. If I didn't know you, i'd hunt you down and kick the crap outta you, but since you live down the street from me, i wont have to hunt you down LOL...

Old 05-10-2005 | 09:33 PM
PhatZilla

any way around that ngc issue? do they make replacements yet?

Old 05-10-2005 | 11:46 PM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran

ORIGINAL: PhatZilla

any way around that ngc issue? do they make replacements yet?
well, you can reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery every so often.. but im sure thatd get real old, real fast.

as far as i know, theres nobody making a performance computer to replace it. seems the only real way to get around it currently, is by going standalone, or just going turbo