Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

here they go again...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: here they go again...

Triton is my boy but dude you asked for what Night gave you right there and that is god damn well funny.

and plus night's been helpin me out with tons of stuff with detailing.

Hey night I took my jeep to a pro. guess what. It's not a clear coat vehicle. single stage colorcoat/clear deally. who knew. They think they can fix it they think it's just real heavy oxidation. O and I ordered a zaino full kit and z8. I coulda pmed you but i figured this is a nice change in the topic here to go to a friendleier convo.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:27 AM
triton
Record Breaker

I don't know where the f^% that came from but, I don't even have time to play with the little toy trucks. The only thing I can think as to why a girly Dakota owner would do that is that he's jealous and the school boy he says he is.

I wasn't even in this stupid rival between you guys. I only pointed out how ridiulous it is that a CTD and Dakota would be in the same catagory. To me, they're like little Toyota trucks that wish they were real trucks. You could put your truck in the bed of mine and I'll still not only get better MPG's, I'll add another 10K of weight with a trailer and take your Dakota across the country for you

I'm not one to bash anyone but, if you want to start in on me..... let the games begin !!

Old 07-14-2007, 10:35 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

Triton is my boy but dude you asked for what Night gave you right there and that is god damn well funny.

and plus night's been helpin me out with tons of stuff with detailing.

Hey night I took my jeep to a pro. guess what. It's not a clear coat vehicle. single stage colorcoat/clear deally. who knew. They think they can fix it they think it's just real heavy oxidation. O and I ordered a zaino full kit and z8. I coulda pmed you but i figured this is a nice change in the topic here to go to a friendleier convo.
If there are some tips on detailing I have a question. In the wonderful state of Arizona Well West Phoenix anyways, we have extremely hard water. I am one of the fortunate/unfortunate people that have grass out here and at night when my truck is home the sprinklers get my truck as well. I went to the car wash yesterday because it was too damn hot to wash it myself and first time they freakin armor all'd my side steps and I almost fell getting out of my truck, so I took it back, I noticed he water spots and thought it was the car wash, then was informed it was from sprinklers. I ended up paying $5.00 to have them removed as well as some off road scratches along the sides of my truck, I could have taken care of the scratches myself but hell I was already paying for it. My question is, and hopefully someone can answer. How can I get rid of the hard water spots next time they appear on my truck, I work 13 hour days so washing it everyday is out of the question and parking it somewhere else does not work for me. What products are good and what should I stay away from?

Old 07-14-2007, 10:36 AM
triton
Record Breaker

and BTW.... if I were to list the mods in my truck.... it would make you cry. It will never be a 8 second truck but, it WILL always be more than a Dakota

Old 07-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Ben D.
Champion

Triton easy boy easy. This was all just some friendly joking. we're tryin to patch things up even tho some of us have the opinion you have of dakotas and some think they are ok yet they too have their opinions of CTD's we've been trying to patch it up. Everyone knows your truck is straight nasty. True tho they are not in the same category. the dak is a light duty medium sized truck and CTD's are full size heavy duty monsters. and it's true many guys who drive daks wouldn't want a giant truck like the CTD is. I want one but i've always driven little RCSB half tons and to move up from that to a QCSB CTD would be a huge step for me. Not gonna lie I test drove one and was intimidated by the size. hey triton can you post pics of that old half ton blue second gen you used to have. wasn't that one a RCSB too. I remember seeing the pics and that thing was sexy.

and many CTD owners think the dak is pointless because it can't do the work the CTD can. We truly cannot compare the two because they are way way way different. but triton I think everyone was just ****tin witcha i mean look what they did to sharx trucks and what sharx made for jake. All in good fun bro Chillax.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Ben D.
Champion

Jimmy D I would think a light finishing polish would get rid of water spots. when water spots are left on for more than a week they can etch the paint. I suggest what Night runner told me to use. Zaino products. They are very good and thye have a full show car kit that is only 100 bux and provides enough product to do a truck 30 or more times. and considering that a synthetic sealant that zaino is will protect your paint for 4-6 months at a time or longer if kept up with detail spray well you get the point of how long that 100 bux will go for ya. if you have leather interior get the ultimate show car kit it has products for leather and if you don't then get their other kit that is like 85 or so dollars. The zaino kit is like a six step or so system that will remove light scratches and swirls and marks and provide a long lasting durable shine. If that doesn't get the water spots out you will need to start with a more abrasive polish to get them out but I think the light polish that comes in the zaino kit will get the job done. if not zaino also makes a more abrasive polish.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:00 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I will look into that product. the good news is my wife starts working tomorrow and that will free up money for my stereo system, by late september I should have a nice start.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:01 AM
triton
Record Breaker

that's all good and I understand you guys are ribbing each other a lot. I don't know why my truck got invloved though. I really don't have anything against those little trucks but, I wouldn't suggest for anyone to try and compare the two.

I never go to the Dakota forum as I don't have one so, why do they come here? there's no reason at all unless you guys may know each other. Now, it would be a different story if the rivalry was between full size Ford's or Chevy's and our Cummins.

I'm a little bit to old to play these games. I'd rather see some ligetimate info being conveyed rather than a bunch of stupid banter. Who cares who wins TOTM or Y. There's a new truck every month that will get it. I would rather see who won at the track or some how to's and not trucks turned pink.

here's my older truck. It's not a CTD but, has the 360 5.9L.....

Old 07-14-2007, 11:08 AM
sharx ram
Champion

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

Triton easy boy easy. This was all just some friendly joking. we're tryin to patch things up even tho some of us have the opinion you have of dakotas and some think they are ok yet they too have their opinions of CTD's we've been trying to patch it up. Everyone knows your truck is straight nasty. True tho they are not in the same category. the dak is a light duty medium sized truck and CTD's are full size heavy duty monsters. and it's true many guys who drive daks wouldn't want a giant truck like the CTD is. I want one but i've always driven little RCSB half tons and to move up from that to a QCSB CTD would be a huge step for me. Not gonna lie I test drove one and was intimidated by the size. hey triton can you post pics of that old half ton blue second gen you used to have. wasn't that one a RCSB too. I remember seeing the pics and that thing was sexy.

and many CTD owners think the dak is pointless because it can't do the work the CTD can. We truly cannot compare the two because they are way way way different. but triton I think everyone was just ****tin witcha i mean look what they did to sharx trucks and what sharx made for jake. All in good fun bro Chillax.
I used my truck as my screen saver, walker and broken windshield and all....

Old 07-14-2007, 11:13 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Triton, that is nice. I want both of your rigs. I have a 4 year old child to trade. he is a boy named joey. I will throw in the wife for a full tank of gas.

Quick Reply: here they go again...