Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Fuel Pressure Sensor Location?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 07:00 PM
ga_noplugs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure Sensor Location?

Alright guys. I need some help. I got my fuel pressure gauge today and I need to mount the sensor somewhere.

It is a 1/8 NTP sensor. I dont yet have an external pump/filter/anything, just the stock truck [&o]. Is there any place on the existing filter housing or will I need to cut and tap a fuel line (ugh).

Old 08-31-2007, 09:09 PM
dasnake
Veteran
Default RE: Fuel Pressure Sensor Location?

hey ga, ok i'm new to diesels, brand new mustard colored **** new, but i had the install done on my '07, and it needs a banjo fitting adapter, mine is autometer and i don't know why the part isn't included, but that is what my dealer wrench has done for my install, hopethis helps a bit.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:52 PM
triton
Record Breaker

you could always get this and use it to feed the gauge..... http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number=LT_FFCPP

If you plan on higher pressures, this cap is must anyway. That is if you plan to keep using the OEM filter when you install your LP. The stock plastic cap can't handle the pressure.

Or, like dasnake said, you can get a banjo bolt and replace a bolt on the CP3. Geno's above, is only showing them for up to 02's. I would call them ask them if they have one for your year. Don't forget to use a isolator too !

Old 09-01-2007, 02:30 AM
ga_noplugs

ORIGINAL: triton

you could always get this and use it to feed the gauge..... http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number=LT_FFCPP

If you plan on higher pressures, this cap is must anyway. That is if you plan to keep using the OEM filter when you install your LP. The stock plastic cap can't handle the pressure.

Or, like dasnake said, you can get a banjo bolt and replace a bolt on the CP3. Geno's above, is only showing them for up to 02's. I would call them ask them if they have one for your year. Don't forget to use a isolator too !
I think the banjo bolt adapter will work. I looked at Genos and although it says 98-02 but the same one is on sale at diesel manor and it says 98 and up. I think they are basically the same part... I suppose i could pull one of my bolts to see if the threading looks the same as these.

Snake I agree, why dont they include them with the sensors...

Any idea here I could get one of these on a Saturday? Got lots of Stores in the ATL that I can access.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:23 AM
triton
Record Breaker

if you were to have bought the gauge at Geno's... it would have came with the banjo. I think they're the only plae that's nice enough to throw it in.

I would try Summit. I would think that's the biggest performance place you could find in ATL. You do know Geno's is in Cummings although they aren't open on Sat.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:31 PM
ga_noplugs

if you were to have bought the gauge at Geno's... it would have came with the banjo. I think they're the only plae that's nice enough to throw it in.

I would try Summit. I would think that's the biggest performance place you could find in ATL. You do know Geno's is in Cummings although they aren't open on Sat.

Well, I actually did get it from them. Of course I assumed I wouldnt need anything else...

I checked all the major parts stores AND Summit and no one has a tapped banjo bolt.... No one. You'd think some store in the atlanta area would have something like that.....Of course there probably is I just dont know where to look..LOL

I guess I'll just have to wait and order one on Tuesday [sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 09-01-2007, 04:37 PM
triton
Record Breaker

I'd call Geno's then and ask if your gauge should have come with the bolt. I know they always send that with FP gauges. Ask for Brandon... I bet he'll give it to you. Like I said too, if you don;t want to wait.... Geno's is in Cummings right off GA400.

There are places in ATL but, they're probably going to be fuel injetor shops that sell and repair Bosch CP3's, injectors and stuff like that. I didn't think to tell you that earlier. I have the names of several shops around there if you end up needing to find one. They're the shops the Cummins repairs shops send their fuel repairs to be done.

Old 09-02-2007, 01:56 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

humm, I look at the link and the last line on the page says thru '07
DODGE 5.9L Fuel Filter Cap with Fuel Pressure Port - '00-'07
[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 09-02-2007, 02:00 AM
ga_noplugs

I'd call Geno's then and ask if your gauge should have come with the bolt. I know they always send that with FP gauges. Ask for Brandon... I bet he'll give it to you. Like I said too, if you don;t want to wait.... Geno's is in Cummings right off GA400.

There are places in ATL but, they're probably going to be fuel injetor shops that sell and repair Bosch CP3's, injectors and stuff like that. I didn't think to tell you that earlier. I have the names of several shops around there if you end up needing to find one. They're the shops the Cummins repairs shops send their fuel repairs to be done.

The FP guage was back ordered and it came seperately from my main order so they may have just missed it. I'll give them a call as you suggested.
That would be nice to know and I appreciate the help..

Old 09-04-2007, 04:55 PM
ga_noplugs

Triton,
I talked toBrandon and the bolt is not included with the FP guage. I did though order the parts (just a few bucks) and they comped me on the shipping. Nice bunch of folks. Its a great place to shop.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure Sensor Location?